General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

For those of us who have cut access holes for fuel pumps.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo98z
Dropping the tank in a 2002 (which you have according to your sig) is a LOT easier than a metal tank car (98's). You do have to drop the rear to take it out on a metal tank car, which is mostly what this refers to.

And if you get hit hard enough to rupture the fuel tank, it's going to rip a hole in the body and the fuel could get in anyways. If you're not a dumbass and take 5 minutes to make it seal back up, there won't be any inssues.

Bottom line, lots of people do it, nobody has blown themselves up, I haven't heard of anybody having this cause an issue in a wreck, so we are:

Yes...the metal tanks do require you to drop the rear. I didn't think of that before I posted. I haven't played with early 4th gen in a long time.

And as for your comment about the rupured tank? Your absolutely wrong. I have seen it many times where the fuel tank has ruptured without tearing into the body. All I'm saying is that it's a possibility. Why take the chance to save a couple more hours of work when you can just do the right way?

And who cares if we're "beating a dead horse"? This is a discussion forum and we're discussing. Go pound sand. You annoy me.

Quick Reply: For those of us who have cut access holes for fuel pumps.