General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

slp 402 owners/or anyone with knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp 402 owners/or anyone with knowledge

Hello,

I am new here. I am looking at purchasing a car and am having a hard time of getting a straight answer.

The car supposedly has an slp 402 in it. It does have a iron block to start. So i'm confident that it has the correct base to be made into a 402. I called slp and they have been really nice, although i have gotten a few different answers on how to tell. They have said it would have markings on it on the deck surface on the driver side head, but not all do. That leaves me scratching my head as this does not have the marking on it in that location.

A little more of what I have seen. It has a moroso oil pan on it, relocated oil filter mount(remote), some sort of cam ( pretty lopey), roller rockers(noticed through oil fill), larger injectors(told ls7) aremotive fuel system (steel braided all the way to the rear of car with reg., pump, and rails), slp full exhaust lt's etc, the car is extremely loud like retarded, slp maf, slp throttle body, smooth bellows, lid etc.. The block appears to have all new brass freeze plugs, I know thats nothing but normally comes from a race style shop. I know alot of this is useless but just though i'd ask. I know I need to check the bore and stroke its such a ball buster to do so though. The car had been dyno'd. It orginally made 473 rwhp, but was de-tuned to 390 for everyday street use. I did confirm this with the shop. I'm not sure of the intake as I don't really know enough about it yet.

Also, what is a car with these mods worth? The exterior and interior are stock. T-tops and a m6 to add.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
Lee
Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have any codes, i could fax you the SLP add where they offered either a iron or aluminum 402 short block if that would help. pm me a fax# and i'll get it next week.