General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

C5 ZO6 Best Value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009 | 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
it is by far the best bang for the buck vehicle out right now..

he said he wanted something that could keep up with it..

no..

i watched an 03 cobra with full exhaust/intake/water cooled/drag radials and making 10-11 lbs of boost (more than stock) get walked on by an 03 zo6 with a CAI and street tires...

if a zo6 has long tubes/radials/exhaust/cai/tune it would take a ported blower to run with it..

you wont touch that.. tune and pulley would put you at around 400rwhp tops..
yes... a intake/exhaust/pulley/gears/tuned cobra will put down 445-465... general rule is 455... it is rare to see more than 465... you wont see 500 unless you have a ported blower... there has only benn ONE cobra put down 500 on a stock blower, and IIRC he was questioned about it..

still though.. if you take those mods.. all it would take on a zo6 is headers exaust intake tune and drag radials and you could go have fun with cobras all day!

hell or you could procharge the zo6... there was a thread not long ago with one.. made like 600rwhp on 8-9 lbs...
no...

Why are you only comparing basic upgrades?

Take a intake/cat-back/xpipe/pulley/ported blower/tuned Cobra and you have an easy 530WHP, prolly more with a good tuner. Now take your one and only procharged z06 with the 600whp and race, but wait, lets throw a 150 shot of nitrous on the cobra and kill us a z06. Go ahead and try and put nitrous on that z06 and watch it blow.

Or we can stop playing games with the Cobra and buy a single turbo kit for it and make 800-900whp and blow the doors off of your little pro charged z06

A friend of mine made 983whp and 1132wtq threw a STOCK motor and tranny. Thats what I ment buy being faster for less, you dont have to spend the money to build the Cobra's engine until your really high in horsepower where as the LS6 blows at what? 625whp???? I know it cant be much if any more then that.
Old 06-18-2009 | 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

ZO6 are 100000000000000000000000x better than cobras and stock for stock id take a ZO6 anyday around the same price to. never been a fan a stangs so its a no brainer for me
Old 06-18-2009 | 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

um it takes about 80 to 100 whp more for a cobra to hang with a c5z, a procharged c5z will easily make 600 whp, and i dont know who told you ls6 blow around 625whp cuz ummmm there wrong i ran mine 760 whp stock bottom end all last summer with 0 issues. besides the fact that cobras are all around slower unless you spend the 7k on a turbo kit dump 7k of mods in a c5z and well u get the idea, not to mention cobras are gay and will never look nearly as sexy as a vette, just my .02
Old 06-18-2009 | 08:22 PM
On The Tree

I would take a Cobra....vert of course. I could never drive a hardtop.
Old 06-18-2009 | 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
You have not been lied to. An 03/04 can easily make 500rwhp but probably closer to 450-475 with the mods you mentioned. They are definitely very fast cars.
they wont hit 500rwhp with an untouched blower... period.
those mods wouldnt make 450...

they are definitely not fast cars...

Originally Posted by R W B
no...

Why are you only comparing basic upgrades?

Take a intake/cat-back/xpipe/pulley/ported blower/tuned Cobra and you have an easy 530WHP, prolly more with a good tuner. Now take your one and only procharged z06 with the 600whp and race, but wait, lets throw a 150 shot of nitrous on the cobra and kill us a z06. Go ahead and try and put nitrous on that z06 and watch it blow.

Or we can stop playing games with the Cobra and buy a single turbo kit for it and make 800-900whp and blow the doors off of your little pro charged z06

A friend of mine made 983whp and 1132wtq threw a STOCK motor and tranny. Thats what I ment buy being faster for less, you dont have to spend the money to build the Cobra's engine until your really high in horsepower where as the LS6 blows at what? 625whp???? I know it cant be much if any more then that.
you can only compare basic upgrades.. if your talking engine swaps/blower swaps/to forms of FI/ rear end swaps/ etc etc etc etc... everything is thrown out... the better built car will win.

you just showed how much of an idiot you are... i have no reason to keep going with you, do some research before you make statements you are unsure about.
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fccs
03 04 mustang cobra? lol
Yes.....03/04 Cobra, 05/06 GTO. If you aren't scared of "non-American" Manufacturers. Audi RS4, BMW M3,.....then you have your obligitory 04/05 STI's, Your Evo IX's, your 93-98 Supras.

There are actually quite a few out there that are GREAT "bangs for the buck."

Basically pick your Flavor- since this is a heavy chevy board the C5Z is a good an answer as any.
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by importkiller_SS
um it takes about 80 to 100 whp more for a cobra to hang with a c5z, a procharged c5z will easily make 600 whp, and i dont know who told you ls6 blow around 625whp cuz ummmm there wrong i ran mine 760 whp stock bottom end all last summer with 0 issues. besides the fact that cobras are all around slower unless you spend the 7k on a turbo kit dump 7k of mods in a c5z and well u get the idea, not to mention cobras are gay and will never look nearly as sexy as a vette, just my .02
Everything ive always heard in person and even on this site is 10hp for every 100lbs, a Cobra is not 1000lbs heavier then a z06.

Also, i've heard people blowing stock LS6's around the 600whp mark like LS1s. I know people with Z06's that wont go over 600whp because they are afraid of blowing it. I saw a video of a tuner blowing one on a dyno and the last number he had was 650whp. I've on about a few blowing around the 600whp mark on corvetteforums and zo6vette.com aswell. IDK, maybe they all has shitty tuners or yours was just a freak. IDK, I'm only going off of what I have read and been told by others who own z06s.

Originally Posted by JC70SS
I would take a Cobra....vert of course. I could never drive a hardtop.
ding ding ding!

Thats the main reason Id get a c5/c6 z51 coupe or a vert cobra over a c5 z06. I cant stand hardtops anymore.

you can only compare basic upgrades.. if your talking engine swaps/blower swaps/to forms of FI/ rear end swaps/ etc etc etc etc... everything is thrown out... the better built car will win.

you just showed how much of an idiot you are... i have no reason to keep going with you, do some research before you make statements you are unsure about.
So your saying its ok to compare a 600lbs lighter procharge z06 to only a ported blower Cobra? Like I said, I'll put the hellion single turbo kit which is cheaper then a c5 zo6's procharger and whoop the vettes *** day in and day out with my top down......even if the LS6 makes 760 by some chance.

Also, read my above response importkiller_SS, I'm only going off of what some c5 z06 owners have said or I what I have read about where they blew the engine.

So yes, thanks for showing us once again how much of an idiot you are.
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by R W B
Also, i've heard people blowing stock LS6's around the 600whp mark like LS1s. I know people with Z06's that wont go over 600whp because they are afraid of blowing it. I saw a video of a tuner blowing one on a dyno and the last number he had was 650whp. I've on about a few blowing around the 600whp mark on corvetteforums and zo6vette.com aswell. IDK, maybe they all has shitty tuners or yours was just a freak. IDK, I'm only going off of what I have read and been told by others who own z06s.

Thats the main reason Id get a c5/c6 z51 coupe or a vert cobra over a c5 z06. I cant stand hardtops anymore.

So your saying its ok to compare a 600lbs lighter procharge z06 to only a ported blower Cobra? Like I said, I'll put the hellion single turbo kit which is cheaper then a c5 zo6's procharger and whoop the vettes *** day in and day out with my top down......even if the LS6 makes 760 by some chance.

Also, read my above response importkiller_SS, I'm only going off of what some c5 z06 owners have said or I what I have read about where they blew the engine.

So yes, thanks for showing us once again how much of an idiot you are.
an ls6 will make 600rwhp all day long.. there are people of blowing bone stock cars with a 75 shot of nitrous... does that mean it will happen? no... just means they dont know what they can hold..

hard tops are plain sexy...

i was saying if you put the procharger on the vette.. then after that i told what simple mods on a vette would do to a full bolt on cobra with a pulley and tune.
hellion this hellion that... i have seen some decent hellion setups... they dont impress me too much... a procharged zo6 at around 10-12 lbs wouldnt have a problem with it..
its halirous that you think the cobra is a better performer than the vette.. or even close to it.. stock, modded, straight line, corners, braking... the cobra just doesnt have what it takes..

i have not showed anyone im an idiot.. i have done my research on both cars... road in both cars.. my next car *Was* going to be a termy or a zo6... didnt take too much research (and seeing a full bolt on smaller pulley and tuned cobra on radials get walked on by a zo6 with a cai and street tires what a joke..) i know what both cars are and arent capable of..
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

how about a head and cam ls1 rx7 you can get them for around 20-23 2800 pounds making 450rwhp with a 50/50 weight distribution makes for a sick handling car with a trap speed of around 128-130 sounds like a good deal to me
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by therobman
how about a head and cam ls1 rx7 you can get them for around 20-23 2800 pounds making 450rwhp with a 50/50 weight distribution makes for a sick handling car with a trap speed of around 128-130 sounds like a good deal to me
no way i would own something like that.. its cool... but damn you in an rx7..
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

id take a c5 over a c6 any day assuming that the c6 wasn the z06, c5s are the best looking vettes yet (except the ZR1 of course)

03-04 cobras are indeed very fast cars and thebest lookin mustangs ever made but still not as good lookin or riding as a c5Z and everywhere you look theres forty mustangs that was the other reason i got rid of mine

hands down i would go with the c5Z Do it if your gonna do it you wont be upset
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by twelver12
id take a c5 over a c6 any day assuming that the c6 wasn the z06, c5s are the best looking vettes yet (except the ZR1 of course)

03-04 cobras are indeed very fast cars and thebest lookin mustangs ever made but still not as good lookin or riding as a c5Z and everywhere you look theres forty mustangs that was the other reason i got rid of mine

hands down i would go with the c5Z Do it if your gonna do it you wont be upset
at the end of the day... a cobra is still a mustang... a vette is a vette..

most people see a cobra and dont know it from a cobra or saleen to a v6..
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:41 AM
Launching!

this thread just went to **** quick. the OP is trying to find a c5z for >25k and then of course you get some dumbass coming in here talking about his friends cobra making 1100rwtq. random **** response.

OP is trying to find a bang for the buck well rounded car. and the current state of c5's resale your NOT going to beat a c5z. handles amazing stock and is damn quick and lsX parts are getting cheaper by the day.

end of story.

oh by the way, my cousin has a alky BBC with a 101mm. try and do that on the cobra engine and that bitch will BLOW UP. what a PIECE OF ****!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
this thread just went to **** quick. the OP is trying to find a c5z for >25k and then of course you get some dumbass coming in here talking about his friends cobra making 1100rwtq. random **** response.

OP is trying to find a bang for the buck well rounded car. and the current state of c5's resale your NOT going to beat a c5z. handles amazing stock and is damn quick and lsX parts are getting cheaper by the day.

end of story.

oh by the way, my cousin has a alky BBC with a 101mm. try and do that on the cobra engine and that bitch will BLOW UP. what a PIECE OF ****!!!!!!

people always talk about cobras being able to handle a lot of power... the one thing that always goes BEFORE anything, isnt forged on a cobra... PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!
i had a buddy get a cobra.. he had the money or a 20k and under car..
he got it because it can handle 1000rwhp...
he said it was a killer deal because it had a new engine put in it that had half the miles...
one of my buddies said "wait, why is there a new engine?"
the cobra owner replies "the last one blew up.. he was pushing around 10 pounds of boost"
we all wondered why if cobras can handle 1000rwhp why they blow up at 450?????

btw.. one more thing i find funny.. i was looking at a 9 procharged ss..
ONLY mods were LT's lid BBK TB tune and a procharger @ 4lbs...
my buddies cobra is making 10lbs or so and has full exhaust intake tune and a few other things..

the car that is NOT built for boost is putting down 430rwhp.. my buddies is putting down 425rwhp.. sounds pitiful to me.. double the boost with more mods and less horsepower on a car meant to be boosted..

cobras are NOT all people crack them up to be..
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:04 AM
Launching!

but dude, 1132rwtq STOCK. the lsx would BLOW UP.
can you read?

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
but dude, 1132rwtq STOCK. the lsx would BLOW UP.
can you read?

my bad....

ill go watch some youtube vids and re-edumacate myself...,
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

they wont hit 500rwhp with an untouched blower... period.
those mods wouldnt make 450...

Dude I am not a Mustang fan whatsoever but you gotta face reality man. a 500rwhp 03/04 Cobra is very very very easy to achieve. No ported blower needed.
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Dude I am not a Mustang fan whatsoever but you gotta face reality man. a 500rwhp 03/04 Cobra is very very very easy to achieve. No ported blower needed.
lmfao... 500rwhp without a ported blower...

go make a thread on svtperformance called...
"Can i hit 500rwhp on my UNTOUCHED blower with my 03-04 cobra"

they theirself will tell you there has only been (IIRC) 1 person do it..

to hit 500rwhp you have to port your blower...

i have faced reality.. and done my research.. maybe you should too?
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...do=view&id=742

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...o=view&id=3078

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/v...o=view&id=3563
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would take the z06 my buddy has a 02 full exhaust tune and a 100 that runs like 11'3s all day in crappy *** weather and with like a 199 something 60 cobras are bad *** too its a hard choice

Quick Reply: C5 ZO6 Best Value?