General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Illegal Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there was no damage to the car i'd leave well enough alone and skip a confrontation. Especially during a time when alcoholic consumption is at a peak, especially in Oklahoma, and especially in rural Oklahoma.

Did you get a ticket? Or did they just give you hell about the exhaust? Chances are they were just trying to see if you were driving under the influence. Glad to see nothing too serious transpired. Should have gotten the drunk guys for public intox , and left you alone. Chances are they have dumped cars or obnoxious motorcycles at home.

Last edited by lov2xlr8; 07-05-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah small town cops suck because they have absolutly nothing to do. You go to any decently sized city and you will have to be acting like a real jackass to get hassled by the fuzz. I had a H/C TA with dual cutouts ans a 3600 stall and never got bothered by the cops for a loud exhaust.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Joshu
These things **** me off. Illegal exhaust while Harleys are flying around town creating 3X the noise.

Yeah no **** man .... Tell me about it.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it funny that under the first page is a "Law enforcement degrees" advertisement
Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

I don't know the cops up here in Michigan seem to be pretty cool about stuff. A lot of cars around here are loud and they don't usually bother us unless you are speeding. There's even a specific drag racing spot in port Huron that they know about but do nothing about.

My uncle is a cop, and he likes the sound of LTs and and a cam just as much as the rest of us. And he's a leutenant lol.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshu
These things **** me off. Illegal exhaust while Harleys are flying around town creating 3X the noise.
Originally Posted by 1badWS6
Yeah no **** man .... Tell me about it.
Same thing I was going to say..

Some of them bikes are louder than my Car with the dump open..mines a 402(soon to me a 408) LQ4/L92 with a 243/247, .621/612 Cam..Pacesetter LT's 3" y'd into a 4" then dumped. That's not exactly quiet and a couple of them bikes are louder than that..
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
LCW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
Same thing I was going to say..

Some of them bikes are louder than my Car with the dump open..mines a 402(soon to me a 408) LQ4/L92 with a 243/247, .621/612 Cam..Pacesetter LT's 3" y'd into a 4" then dumped. That's not exactly quiet and a couple of them bikes are louder than that..
Yeah there are actually a couple guys with harleys that live by the guy and the hot rod all the time.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
LCW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lov2xlr8
If there was no damage to the car i'd leave well enough alone and skip a confrontation. Especially during a time when alcoholic consumption is at a peak, especially in Oklahoma, and especially in rural Oklahoma.

Did you get a ticket? Or did they just give you hell about the exhaust? Chances are they were just trying to see if you were driving under the influence. Glad to see nothing too serious transpired. Should have gotten the drunk guys for public intox , and left you alone. Chances are they have dumped cars or obnoxious motorcycles at home.
No ticket. They gave me 2 sobriety tests too. They said my eyes were all messed up and they thought i was on drugs. I hadn't been drinkin or anything that day, so they let me off. I think my eyes might have been acting up from all of the adrenaline i had when those guy rushed the car and wanted to fight. As soon as the cops arrived the guys went back over by their house and the cops never said anything to them.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Yea ive never understood why cops dont **** with harley's but im glad they dont since I dont need anymore tickets My bike is louder than my car ever thought of being and thats with 6" baffles.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
I think my eyes might have been acting up from all of the adrenaline i had when those guy rushed the car and wanted to fight. As soon as the cops arrived the guys went back over by their house and the cops never said anything to them.
Next time they come over give em some rock salt..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

cops dont mess with bikes mostly because loud pipes will save there life one day. cops are not underpaid by any stretch of the imagination. my mother inlaw makes well over 100grand a year at a desk job in bay area, cali. if i ever become a cop ima pull over every f-body i can for any reason so i can check out what kinda mods they run haha. ill give every import a ticket for being retarded in public.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by greezy
cops are not underpaid by any stretch of the imagination..
Clearly, you don't know too many cops. Just like teachers, they're grossly underpaid for what they do. In my humble opinion, of course...
Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by csxfbird
Clearly, you don't know too many cops. Just like teachers, they're grossly underpaid for what they do. In my humble opinion, of course...
Yep! Same with the military.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

i was running straight headers through the cutouts on my lt4 car in tulsa got pulled over. Long story short he asked if i had a muffler on the car i said yes i just hit something and put a whole in it he bought it just gave me warning.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Launching!

cops are not underpaid by any stretch of the imagination.
Yes, Generally they are. Do some research and check the facts. A cop making $100,000 at a desk job ??? Either shes 65 and has been a cop since she was 25 or shes doing a lot more than paperwork.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jcobra99
Cops are just low paid, unintelligent, pieces of **** who release their anger of being sexually abused during childhood by abusing their power and being ********.
wow.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Yes, Generally they are. Do some research and check the facts. A cop making $100,000 at a desk job ??? Either shes 65 and has been a cop since she was 25 or shes doing a lot more than paperwork.
^^^yep. my family has anywhere from lieutenant to even a chief and I guarantee that 100k was never made in one year!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Launching!

if i ever become a cop ima pull over every f-body i can for any reason so i can check out what kinda mods they run haha.
ill give every import a ticket for being retarded in public.
you're gonna be really busy
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Most cops are cops because they gotta a small dick and gotta **** somebody because they can......
Cops are just low paid, unintelligent, pieces of **** who release their anger of being sexually abused during childhood by abusing their power and being ********.
thanks for the insults i appreciate them.

i think its pretty funny how much some of you guys hate cops and bash us. most of us are like you guys and would never know we were cops unless you saw us in uniform or told us. its a thankless job that carries a ton of risk for us for and most of us get crap pay. i cant speak for every officer out there but i got into law enforcement to help people. do i occasionally have to bust someones ***** that i dont want to yes but becuase its my job. If people followed the law i wouldn't have to stop them in the first place. you want to run loud exhaust go for it but dont cry when your pulled over thats the risk you take.

Originally Posted by nick1ta
^^^yep. my family has anywhere from lieutenant to even a chief and I guarantee that 100k was never made in one year!!!
the pay is very wide ranging from what i have seen.from a starting pay of 31k to a top out of 90k with out overtime for a patrol officer. it really all depends on where you work. small town enforcement usually tops out in the 55k range where as state troopers do about from 65-80k a year top out from what i have seen. the top out for NYS state troopers right now is 75k if you add in overtime you could easily make over 100k a year and alot of police in NYS do. the starting salary for a Sargent in the NYS police is 80k i believe. i read NYC police department is topping out at 90k right now. on the other hand i see a lot of the local pds by where i live are starting off at around 31k and toping out at around 55k a year.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if these kids realize most officers are car guys themselves. Might not be into LS1's, but a lot of them have muscle cars in their garages or on their mind. I learned long ago that if you respect them, they will respect you. I was hauled away for "street racing" when I didn't commit the crime.... that time.... but since then I've calmed down and realized it might of saved my life.