General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Illegal Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 PM
LCW
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Illegal Exhaust!!

So last night i was out and about in my T/A just cruisin not getting on it to hard or anything. While i'm driving i see some kids shooting some fireworks. Turns out they shot a bottle rocket at my car, I turned around and stopped in the road to confront them about it and the kids ran off. The next thing i know two guys rush my car and start talking about how i was driving crazy around their kids. One of them was drunk and was trying to start a fight with my brother. As i was talking to the other guy i noticed the drunk guy had opened the door on my car. The guy i was talking to walked off by his mailbox and i guess he called the cops. I didn't notice a the guy having a phone, because i was to focused on the drunk guy. While i'm watching the situation with the drunk guy, ready to fight, i see lights out of the corner of my eye. The cop pulled up and got out of his car to settle the situation, and before i know it there were three more cop cars. The situation went from the guys trying to fight my brother and i to we are going to impound the car for illegal exhaust modification. The cops didn't even talk to the guys that tried to start a fight, they decided that my car was to loud and i should be arrested for it and the car be impounded.... I HATE cops!!! The cops thought i was on drugs and that i had been drinking. Passed the sobriety test and was released!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a bunch of douchebags. I'm glad it worked out for you friend.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should have gone back to the house later that night and fucked em up.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by puggerton03
you should have gone back to the house later that night and fucked em up.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

i'd just sucker punched the drunk dude for even touching my car.. and **** cops! nuthin but worthless sacks of **** got nuthin better to do besides harrass ppl bout stupid **** like this..
Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Cops in OK care about exhaust mods? That must suck.....
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlacKBirD25
i'd just sucker punched the drunk dude for even touching my car.. and **** cops! nuthin but worthless sacks of **** got nuthin better to do besides harrass ppl bout stupid **** like this..
Till the day you need them..... You do realize most are only trying to do their job right? Like crooked mechanics, you also run across the occasional know it all officer, but its not the norm.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Cops in OK care about exhaust mods? That must suck.....
Cop's in ok arent bad, if you know them personally. But alot of the time the only way a town get's any revenue is by traffic tickets, alota small towns here that just look for a reason.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most cops are cops because they gotta a small dick and gotta **** somebody because they can......
Old 07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
LCW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by velox65
Cop's in ok arent bad, if you know them personally. But alot of the time the only way a town get's any revenue is by traffic tickets, alota small towns here that just look for a reason.
Well out of the four i knew 2 of them really good.... and up here in the panhandle we are gettin more younger cops and they are dicks...
Old 07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
LCW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
What a bunch of douchebags. I'm glad it worked out for you friend.
Yeah man me too....
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Launching!

I never had a problem with cops with my exhaust being too loud (torquer v3 w/pacesetter longtubes, trueduals with dynomax bullets dumped before the rear axle. Oh, and a 4000 stall so I wasn't exactly at a low rpm when taking off...)

Maybe you just ran into one of the ******** cops. Most of them around here are pretty cool.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

These things **** me off. Illegal exhaust while Harleys are flying around town creating 3X the noise.

Last edited by Joshu; 07-05-2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: What's the plural form of Harley?
Old 07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

you do occasionally run in to an *******, nothing you can do.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
The cops didn't even talk to the guys that tried to start a fight, they decided that my car was to loud and i should be arrested for it and the car be impounded....
That is extreme. Nobody should ever be arrested or have their car impounded because of exhaust volume.

However, with the following mods in your sig:

Custom Grind 238/244 .600/.607 113LSA, Pacesetter LT's, 3inch X-Pipe, 3inch Bullets Dumped
I could see why you might get a ticket for noise if the cops had nothing better to do. Cam, headers and dumps is gonna be pretty loud in an area without much activity or traffic noise.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

that sucks dude ive had something like that happen to me and my buddy he was driving his crx (yea yea i know) and it was decently loud and he drove it down a street where he lives and he only mashed it once and that was way before we even got by there house and when we turned around to go back to his house some stupid kid probaly 15 threw a huge board in front of his car to stop us and yell at us for driving to "fast" and his whole drunk family was out there trying to fight us. -_- and then they called the cops on us for doing nothing. stupid people shouldnt breed would be the lesson in this case.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 PM
LCW
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by elias_799
you do occasionally run in to an *******, nothing you can do.
Yeah you do and i'm lucky in my case that i knew two of them and they helped out my situation.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
That is extreme. Nobody should ever be arrested or have their car impounded because of exhaust volume.

However, with the following mods in your sig:

I could see why you might get a ticket for noise if the cops had nothing better to do. Cam, headers and dumps is gonna be pretty loud in an area without much activity or traffic noise.
Yeah they thought i didn't have mufflers.... One of them was cool tho and said that my car is bad ***.

Originally Posted by desalator089
that sucks dude ive had something like that happen to me and my buddy he was driving his crx (yea yea i know) and it was decently loud and he drove it down a street where he lives and he only mashed it once and that was way before we even got by there house and when we turned around to go back to his house some stupid kid probaly 15 threw a huge board in front of his car to stop us and yell at us for driving to "fast" and his whole drunk family was out there trying to fight us. -_- and then they called the cops on us for doing nothing. stupid people shouldnt breed would be the lesson in this case.
I was lets say a good 150 feet from this guys house and when i was pulling out and i didn't get past 2750 on the tach.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Cops are just low paid, unintelligent, pieces of **** who release their anger of being sexually abused during childhood by abusing their power and being ********.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's oklahoma for you, that's why I stay out of that state !!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel for ya man! looks like trouble found you and it all turned on ya! little bastards!!!