General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what do i need to look out for in my search for the right fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted LS1 m6

Found a 2000 Trans am Ws6 m6 37,000 it has brand new tires,brakes,rotors,BBK SSI intake manifold,BBK TB ,SLP Long Tube,SLP Y-Pipe SLP 1 Loud Mouth Cat back,SLP intake the dealership Wants 14,000 is it a good deal
Old 09-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Teching In

well havent been on in a while. bit of an update.

gave up on an fbody for a while. then started thinking about a newer sti from a dealership. but thats not an option quite yet.

but today, while helping a friend get a pool table from his aunts house with the truck, i see a beautiful stock red z28 sitting in the garage. i tell the guy he has a good lookin car. and he says yeah? its for sale. i ask how much. he told me 7k. my jaw dropped. looked the car over. its an a4. oh well. its in great condition. and has 80k miles.

going to the bank on monday to see if its possible. and if so, i will be buying it. then demodding the truck and selling it.

really hoping this works out!
its on a bit of a time frame too. the people are selling everything becuase they are military, and getting stationed in japan. they need everything one by the end of this month. so i will be finding out about this asap. seems like a great deal.

and one more plus about it, its been driven by a filipino lady since it was new. her man bought it for her. we all know how they drive. nice and slow!

Last edited by Tys 4x4; 09-12-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1SS2001
Found a 2000 Trans am Ws6 m6 37,000 it has brand new tires,brakes,rotors,BBK SSI intake manifold,BBK TB ,SLP Long Tube,SLP Y-Pipe SLP 1 Loud Mouth Cat back,SLP intake the dealership Wants 14,000 is it a good deal
sounds like an ok deal. try to knock them down a bit, remind them its a 10 year old car.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Teching In

what do you guys think? 7k for an 02 with 80k miles sound good? cloth interior. a4. inside and out is perfect
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tys 4x4
what do you guys think? 7k for an 02 with 80k miles sound good? cloth interior. a4. inside and out is perfect
That doesnt sound bad at all.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

sounds like a pretty good deal, if i were you though i would show up at his house with 6k cash in hand and see if he bites. since hes on a timeframe with the move im almost positive hed take it. if he doesnt bite tell him to think it over and call you if he changes his mind. give it a day or two to sink in and if he doesnt call back then show up the 7k.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Teching In

that sounds like a good plan. just gotta wait till monday and see if the bank will give me the money.

if not, my other friend is selling a 98 t/a. still haven't looked at it. it has high miles. but he claims its in great condition. so we shall see. i cant stand having this turd of a truck anymore. its great offroad. but i never go wheelin anymore. so its pretty pointless. and its almost time to buy tires. not about to spend almost a grand for that.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

that sounds like a good plan. just gotta wait till monday and see if the bank will give me the money.

if not, my other friend is selling a 98 t/a. still haven't looked at it. it has high miles. but he claims its in great condition. so we shall see. i cant stand having this turd of a truck anymore. its great offroad. but i never go wheelin anymore. so its pretty pointless. and its almost time to buy tires. not about to spend almost a grand for that.
i dont think youd have any problem getting that much approved for that car. its easily worth that but i dont know your credit. keep us updated, i want to see some pics too if you get it.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Teching In

I don't have credit really. Recently got my credit started. Just been doing small stuff with it.

But I drove the 98 ta today. And wow. It's a 98. 170k miles. Runs like a top. Pulls like a raped ape. Just has a rip in the leather. Stage 2 Hayes clutch. Kyb struts

High mileage... But it's been very well taken care of. Paint is literally flawless

and for 5k. Which I can do without a loan...
Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so here's one i've had my eyes on. in my eyes, its the perfect car. i STILL need to see it in person, but if the guy is telling the truth, then this is one fine car... basically it has all the options i want, the color i want, but the price is high. 15k. yeah right. but he said he'd accept reasonable cash offers. so we'll see...

and the window sticker for it

FROM THE CRAIGSLIST AD
You Must See this beautiful 2000 Pontiac Trans Am with WS6 Ram Air Package.
Rare, One-of-a-Kind Muscle Car, T-Top with Rear Spoiler. Southwest Car - Never Seen Snow.
Always Garaged, No Accidents, None Smoker, Interior Like New.
Must sell due to owner's physical limitations.
Original Owner Special Order Vehicle with Optional:
6-Speed Transmission
Hurst Shifter
Traction Control.
79,000 Miles,
Maintained in Excellent Condition:
Used Only Mobil 1 Oil Changed Every 3,000 Miles.
New Centerforce Fly Wheel, Clutch, and Pressure Plate;
New Throw Out & Pilot Bearings;
New Bilstein Springs & Shock Absorbers;
New Brake Pads & Brembo Rotors;
Goodrich T/A, Z Rated, Performance Radial Tires.

Maintenance Records Available.

A Steal at $15,000 <--lol

Comes With Personal Touch Extras From a Loving Owner:
Original Window Sticker
2000 Pontiac Firebird Boxed Promotion Package.
Includes Color Brochure and VHS Promotional Video.

just wow. if the bank likes what it sees, i can make him an offer. sell my truck to carmax hopefully, and i should be good to go...
one question on this car. i know its like 2 months old but why does it say on the window sticker that it has a 4 speed auto but everywhere else it says 6 speed manual?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

I don't have credit really. Recently got my credit started. Just been doing small stuff with it.

But I drove the 98 ta today. And wow. It's a 98. 170k miles. Runs like a top. Pulls like a raped ape. Just has a rip in the leather. Stage 2 Hayes clutch. Kyb struts

High mileage... But it's been very well taken care of. Paint is literally flawless

and for 5k. Which I can do without a loan...
I think i would find a way to get the other 2k for the 02 Z. Its a no brainer 02 with 70k for 7k or 98 ta with 170k for 5k. You could have sex with 20 fat chicks for 100 dollars a piece?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrob56
I think i would find a way to get the other 2k for the 02 Z. Its a no brainer 02 with 70k for 7k or 98 ta with 170k for 5k. You could have sex with 20 fat chicks for 100 dollars a piece?
could be a possibility. but don't let my gf find out

but idk. its daily driven. and gives him not a single problem. a lot of things have been replaced on it. and im sure some new internals might find their way into the motor...

idk its a really nice car. and 5k is very do-able. plus its a buddies brother. he'll let me make payments on it. which rules out the bank, which is a plus.