General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need opinion and info

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need opinion and info

whats up fellas im going to try and make this short and sweet. i have the camaro in my sig but all the parts that are listed are not on it yet and i have a few other things too. the reason nothing is on is because of several surgeries that kicked my *** an havent been in good enough health to put everything on.

now heres the deal. im thinking about selling the car. the only thing that's actually done is a built t56 with tick performance package,tick master adj, pro 5.0, and a lid.

the reason i wanna sell the car is because i didn't think i was going to get that serious with the car and crave a lot of power(well i kinda did). i wanna buy a high mileage one and have a stroker or maybe an FI build. i would save a lot of money and get things rolling much faster.

so do i buy i high mileage but what year should i buy? i heard things like the 98's don't have as good of a pcm as other years. should i buy a v6 (but i have to buy a t56)? maybe pick something up in the classifieds thats done up with a build sheet,etc.. you get the point.

i was hoping you fellas would give me ideas and what to watch for in certain years basically the pcm everything else will be replaced.

this is not strictly a drag car i am building!!! a fun street car that i enjoy on good days and will take to the track often for fun and not trophy's ( low 10's). i just see doing this is going to save a lot of money going this route instead of replacing everything in a nice ss that i already have(loan) ya know...

ive already done extensive research on this forum since ive been on an pretty much know what i want so don't give me throw some afr's,tfs, or prc's,etc.. with a mild cam an make 450rwhp or whatever...im not chasing peak numbers!!!

im looking for a nice fun tourqey SOB! im really diggin an ls7 440 n/a, a 347 with a t76, or a 347 with a d1sc. sorry for the long post but im starting to get better and before i throw about 4k of **** on my car i would like opinions please... i was very detailed with yall so i can get definitive answers and not "what do you want" "what's your goal" "why are you set on those numbers" etc...opinion's and info please
Old 07-20-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are doing all that you will probably change out your pcm anyways, which is the only real difference with the 98s.

I have had much success with my 98 for the most part, nothing has gone wrong or broken because it was a 98. I also have not been limited or anything like that in modifying. Goodluck with the build.