General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need info and help.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info and help.......

ok so over the winter i put hooker long tube headers with the ory pipe on my 2000 WS6 and the first week i had the car out it ran with no problems then all of sudden the car started to act really werid. i mean by when i am at a stop light i can feel my motor having a radom misfire then when she gets to 210 deg she starts to bog and misfire really bad. the car is still on the factory tune and i am running no egr, no cats and i am not running the o2 sims in the car but i have the front o2 hooked up. the last thing is that i can hear my headers leaking a little bit.

any ideas and who ever lives close to me and they can come look at it i would buy the pizzia and beer.

thanks guys....
Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

where r u located?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

oh whoops im located in des plaines IL
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your headers leak it could be your o2 readings are off. When you say it does it at operating temp that is a big clue because that is when you PCM goes into open loop reading your o2's. A coolant temp sensor will also *** with stuff. Go get your codes read. Just because your SES light is not blinking doesn't mean you don't have codes pending......
Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Junkie

a SES light blinking will mean you are missing, if you get a SES light that stays on it means something else usually.

From the sound of it- it sounds like your o2's going bad. Did you put the extensions on the wires and if so how did you connect them, as I see the connection people use on these to be the main problem. you could also have a exhaust leak causing it to do the same.

Find someone local with HP tuners- and read your o2 readings. most likely the culprit
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
If your headers leak it could be your o2 readings are off. When you say it does it at operating temp that is a big clue because that is when you PCM goes into open loop reading your o2's. A coolant temp sensor will also *** with stuff. Go get your codes read. Just because your SES light is not blinking doesn't mean you don't have codes pending......
i had my codes read the only ones that came are the emission ones nothing comes up and my ses light does not blink it stays on all the time
Old 07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

ttt....
Old 07-22-2009, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Like they said, it sounds like a problem with your O2's. First thing you need to do is find your exhaust leak and fix it, if your headers have egr provisions make sure the block off plates are tight then make sure all your header bolts are tight and if if you havent found it at that point you may need to pull them and check the gaskets. If you're still having problems after that try to find someone to check your O2's if possible or just replace them.