General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car Shipping Companies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shipping Companies?

I need help... Fast!

Anyone have any personal experience with car shipping companies, or know anybody who has had experience?

I am going to have a car shipped up to NY from MS and need to know of a good, reliable, and relatively good priced car shipping company.

Please help! Thanks

By the way, this is for Gh0sts GTO
Old 08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Dependable Auto Shippers did a great job for me twice....once to Nebraska with an MCSS and the other one to NY [Chevelle laguna]. Both times it was under $650 terminal to terminal.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

I have used greg almond to ship my viper. It wasnt the cheapest in the world but it came unharmed and pretty quick.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Das ftw!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just used FedEx to ship my SS about 6 months ago. They were the best priced fully enclosed carrier I could find. The truck that picked my car up had a Lambo, Ferrari, and two Porsches in it. Needless to say, I felt very safe.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had bad luck with shippers. It was with a Military Shipping Center though from Baltimore to Kodiak Alaska. They somehow blew the slave cylinder out on my 99 TA. I brought up that someone was definitely beating on my car in order to break something like that, needless to say they didn't like it when I said that at all and got up in arms about it. They claimed normal wear and tear on the car since I couldn't prove that I have just replaced it a year and a half ago. Basicly meaning that I have to fix it myself If you happen to have HP Tuners for it, put a 2000rpm rev limit on it. I'm going to next time when I leave where I am now.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DVS99TRANS
I have had bad luck with shippers. It was with a Military Shipping Center though from Baltimore to Kodiak Alaska. They somehow blew the slave cylinder out on my 99 TA. I brought up that someone was definitely beating on my car in order to break something like that, needless to say they didn't like it when I said that at all and got up in arms about it. They claimed normal wear and tear on the car since I couldn't prove that I have just replaced it a year and a half ago. Basicly meaning that I have to fix it myself If you happen to have HP Tuners for it, put a 2000rpm rev limit on it. I'm going to next time when I leave where I am now.
I would have not paid if I recieved my car like that. How did they pick the car up?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by 91RS383
I just used FedEx to ship my SS about 6 months ago. They were the best priced fully enclosed carrier I could find. The truck that picked my car up had a Lambo, Ferrari, and two Porsches in it. Needless to say, I felt very safe.
Yes, very good experience with my neighbor's Triumph TR6. Lots of good company on board (Lotus, BMW). Also good luck in the recent past with Horseless Carriage, and Plycon (had a Maybach in there). All excellent and not horribly expensive for enclosed transport.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Teching In

I do auto transport for a living. Make sure when you choose a transport company, your car will be transported by one of their trucks (their name on the side). Many companies including DAS will broker the transport to other companies if they don't run that particular route. I do it all the time. Make sure you and they do a thorough inspection at pick up with mileage noted. When you receive the car, check it out thoroughly before signing the paper work. Once you sign and you find damage, they have no responsibility. PM me if you have more questions.

Quick Reply: Car Shipping Companies?