General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Am I the only person that waves to other LS1's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tend to wave to any American car i pass. many wave back, its mainly corvette drivers that don't bother.

If i lived in America I would be waving all day. lol, I may only see a couple per month here, apart from car shows.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot of people who own corvettes are not car enthusiasts, but rather ****** that want to look good.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

around here, most LSX cars are driven by women or men who do not care about mdoding their car and so forth. i wave or give a small rev to people to see it they know what they are driving but usually it doesnt matter. its strange though, because so many people around ehre drive LSX vehicles, but i guess they only want it for the V8. F-body, GTO, TBSS, hell even that LS4 grand prix gxp is popluar, and especially corvette guys here just do not care. only time i see nicely modded cars are on nights of meets or car shows. oh well, ill still try.

Originally Posted by brians91formula
alot of people who own corvettes are not car enthusiasts, but rather ****** that want to look good.
agreed.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I get something back from about 50% of 'birds, and about 20% of camaros.
When I owned the corvettes I almost always got the wave, no matter how old the people were. And I drove those 'vettes at 16-18 yrs. old. Looking back, i'm impressed.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM

i wave at other corvettes...but ive never had an fbody wave at me...if they did id wave back cause otherwise id prolly feel like an Dbag hah
Old 08-24-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

New camaro owners are real dirt bags honestly so far. Only one of them gave me a flying thumbs up, and then revved which was cool I returned the favor.

Vettes never even bother to look.

Around here (KY), LSX's greet each other by revving lol.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wave at CAMAROS and BIRDS only.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

I always wave at other ltx/lsx powered cars
Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Staging Lane

parked next to a red SS the other day at the store.. and the lady happened to be coming out and saw me.. and said.. nice car, so i said, you too.

gave a thumbs up while on my bike to a '10 camaro ss, he rev'd it up a bit as he took his left. not sure if it was because of my thumbs up or if he was waiting for me to finish crossing the street though. heh.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

I agree on the '10 Camaro owners. These guys just bought the car cause its the "cool" new thing. No enthusiast or loyal chevy fans in anyone of em.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

i never get responses when i acknowledge other f-bodies...unless its a like a sixer revving his engine or something...then i just smile and go on about my business...i think many lsx owners just buy the car cuz they thought it was cool at the time and thats about it...unlike all the guys/gals on here who actually appreciate what they have
Old 08-26-2009, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

We just rev here
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I just got my camaro on Monday and when I was driving it home some guy in a ford GT revd his car and nodded his head so I did the same and right when I was almost home some guy in a yellow camaro gave me a thumbs up so I gave him one too.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

Seems like most of the Mustang guys wave to each other around where I live.

I can only think of one time that a F-body guy waved at me, it wasn't a wave but a thumbs up. That was when I had my 85 GT, and it wasn't unusal for other brand cars to nod or give it the thumbs up.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 AM
12 Second Club

I just pulled off the highway and came to a stop at a light where I was turning left. The intersection is a dual left turn with another light a few hundred feet more with a merge after. Okay, so I pull off and sitting at the light and this black dude in a Grand Prix decided he could take me(must have thought I was running a V6). Okay, light turns green and were even in the turn then I let him get 2 car lengths and then I slam it. You shoulda saw his face when I passed him.

I wave/***/whatever to any bird, camaro, stang, gto, and vette. But rarely get a response...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I usually wave or rev depending on what I'm doing, and I get the mixed results everyone has been talking about. Most 3rd and 4th gen owners are cool and will talk if there is time at a light. I dont bother with the 5th gen and vettes cause even if they are car guys they think they are better.

Me and my buddy were driving seperately one time (him in his Scion TC) and we were revving and just messing around and guy in a showroom 80s Iroc got pissed and cut him off and came to compliment my SS. It was cool that there was some comradere there and like this time a lot of F bodys dont try to race, only the ricers and mustangs with something to prove.

On another time I was at a mickey d's and this guy in a mustang gt had a bunch of people with him and one girl with him was checking out my car and told me how much she liked it. That was pretty funny, sorry mustang guy!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Most of the local F-body/Vette guys here hate me.. they have their own click where they suck each other off and I'm not all into that ****..

If I'm driving through a different area I usually have the dump open and it catches looks from just about every F-body guy I pass. I wave and they wave back.

I'm not biased..I'll wave at anyone that waves to me..I like cruisin around.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i try to wave... new camaro owners are douches V6 or V8. They must believe their **** dont stink because i have yet to meet one new camaro owner that doesnt think they are gods gift. Almost makes me not even like the new camaro because of the owners.

Almost everyone driving a bird will wave back. Most camaro owners will. Im selective with my waves though... if i can see the guy coming down the road thinks he is the ****, by the look on his face, or they have the i see you but dont want to look at you to acknowledge your there face, then i dont bother.

I dont wave at mustangs usually. They are mostly 2v gt's and they all think they're fast, but they never look over lol...
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_merv
Most of the local F-body/Vette guys here hate me.. they have their own click where they suck each other off and I'm not all into that ****..

If I'm driving through a different area I usually have the dump open and it catches looks from just about every F-body guy I pass. I wave and they wave back.

I'm not biased..I'll wave at anyone that waves to me..I like cruisin around.
Its clique! And everyone knows not to wave at you. You'd run them off the road or something

Everyone, except Merv gets a wave, or nod, or revs. Old muscle, new muscle. Anything that looks cool.

Its a respect thing. You have to give people props for having a nice car or truck
Old 08-28-2009, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy
Everyone, except Merv gets a wave, or nod, or revs. Old muscle, new muscle. Anything that looks cool.

Its a respect thing. You have to give people props for having a nice car or truck
So cause mine doesn't look good I get isolated huh.. What makes you think your **** doesn't stink? Must be the wing you have on your Car or the stock Timing Chain on that expensive LE Motor.

Quoted in bold is the perfect example demonstrating the mindset of the local Central Arkansas Car "enthusiests" I speak of. It's kinda similar to that Vette mindset that alot of you guys here talk about. It it's not "nice" or "new" then it's not ****.

It's funny Jason how you talk **** here just about everywhere I post my free opinion on something unrelated to you there sir, and then your mouth doesn't run in person..next time I see you I'll test that theory.

Last edited by the_merv; 08-28-2009 at 10:31 AM.