General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Am I the only person that waves to other LS1's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't usually. If something about the car caught my attention (ex. exhaust note, wheels, hood, etc.), I would probably would though.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ae13291
we all just rev at each other hear in california.
donno which town you're in but here in napa county if you rev you get challenged....yeah people don't really wave or nod in our town.... they just mug. on occasion you get the cool guy who will nod and such....
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just the occasional one finger salute
Old 09-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Unless I notice they have something done that shows they care I dont because a large number of the people driving f-bodies/vettes wouldnt know what any lsx motor was if you dropped one on top of em. Plus alot of em are a$$holes
Old 09-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwatson
Unless I notice they have something done that shows they care I dont because a large number of the people driving f-bodies/vettes wouldnt know what any lsx motor was if you dropped one on top of em. Plus alot of em are a$$holes
True. I wave/throw the dueces and they're just like "What the hell?

Usually you can tell if an oblivious person is driving it.

Because it's usually a V6, or it's an ugly color, it's poorly kept, or a woman is driving it.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr CHI
True. I wave/throw the dueces and they're just like "What the hell?

Usually you can tell if an oblivious person is driving it.

Because it's usually a V6, or it's an ugly color, it's poorly kept, or a woman is driving it.
lol, I waved at a woman in a silver 01-02 WS6 today and she just stared at me... she even had custom plates "FAST TA". Stupid skank
Old 09-09-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I wave or flip my headlights

Your just wanting to show off your HIDs! lmao
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 PM

I was passing this guy the other day who also had a firebird, he just revved his engine really hard to show me mine was inferior. I tried to wave and he wanted to be a jerk.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Only if in the TA.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

When I lived in Shreveport, everyone I waved at would wave back, be it in my TA or GTO. Here in Tampa, it seems like the F-body guys are too cool to wave back, but the GTO crowd waves back, or honks if I don't notice them in time.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sonicblue
kinda gay thread but does anyone else wave(like lifting 2 fingers off the steering wheel) to other LTx or LSx cars?? i thought since motorcycles and jeeps did I would too, but every other car in my town just look back at me like F-off and a vette actually flipped-me-off.. WTF is going on, maybe i just live in a town full of douche bags
i always wave. i've got to the point of screaming **** you *** at vette owners and hitting the switch and blowing them out of the water. i dunno what the hell most vette owners problems are... i worked for walgreens and actually had 2 different times of vette owners coming in w/ pictures for me to develop and me saying Oh, i have an chevy too, a camaro SS, only for them to stop talking to me like im in a mustang or some ****.

Its sad that i have more mustang friends than corvette friends... corvette is like the big brother of the camaro... lol.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Teching In

haha My friends and I were just talking about this the other day. Me and one of my friends drive a camaro and we do it all the time to others and we get **** for it all the time from the rest of the guys but they just dont understand i guess.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemean
i always wave. i've got to the point of screaming **** you *** at vette owners and hitting the switch and blowing them out of the water. i dunno what the hell most vette owners problems are... i worked for walgreens and actually had 2 different times of vette owners coming in w/ pictures for me to develop and me saying Oh, i have an chevy too, a camaro SS, only for them to stop talking to me like im in a mustang or some ****.

Its sad that i have more mustang friends than corvette friends... corvette is like the big brother of the camaro... lol.

Yea I did a 3 a.m. 150mph 2-3 mile run with a C5 vette around the beltline in Raleigh about a year ago. I never tried to pass him just stay on his bumper. After we slowed back down near the speed limit I tried to ease up to him to give a thumbs up but everytime I started a move he would hammer it and haul *** off. But that is the only vette out of dozens that would even play I'll give him that.....Usually those guys have a "I am better than you" attitude... They are a big reason I can't wait to get my stroked/nitroused motor done LOL......
Old 09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only fun I have had yet is with chevelle owners lol. I had one rev at me pulling out of the inspection station, man that was one bad *** chevelle. Had another guy wave as he was passing me.