General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shop putting in tranny accidently broke piece of block off, opinions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly getting the trans seperated from the block can be a huge problem. Looks like they tried to rush it and simply broke the block. IMO they should do a good responsible job as if it was their own car.....will they? I really think it comes down to the shops experience dealing with customers. Most just get "insulated" from complaints and go to their excuse book every time there is a problem.

Example: I took the ta in for a simple trans repair, should have been a 500 dollar bill at most. Trusted "CHRISTAIN" shop, the guy 1st of all ripped me off for over 5k till it was done and 2nd ruined the engine! I lost out completely and never recovered anything.....

stick that in your sandwich and eat it!

Then try to find ANOTHER shop to pick up the pieces and fix the mess. The shop may have screwed me out of 5k BUTT i'm the ******* that kept going back there. If you stuck yer dick in something and it hurt would you stick it in again? HELL NO...same with your car, If they can't do it right and pull the trans out without breaking off THE FREAKING BLOCK. DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THEY WILL take the time to put THAT CAR in the condition it was in before they worked on it?

I hope you are prepared for what is coming, Good Luck

pssst if that was my car it would get towed home until i got paid for the damage then it would get towed to a better shop<if thats possible in our messed up world.

Last edited by 99RTA; 09-28-2009 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
It looks like the dowel pin was stuck. The dowel pins almost always get stuck on these cars, which is a pain. But you have to try to get the engine/trans level to relive pressure off those dowels and then slowly pry off the transmission.
A Dowell Pin wont hold that much weight..it will break loose and the Tranny will slide off once you start messing with it..it has no way to hold it there like a Bolt does. That and I agree with that it's been off before.

From what I can tell if you rotate that piece of Aluminum and make the flat part down that is where the Starter bolts up to. They got the Bolt for the Tranny Dip Stick Tube and forgot about the one right below it, and then wrestled it off and broke the Block.

I'd get the car out of that shop to start with..before they tamper the evidence.