General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Small cam or stall untuned?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
That comes off kind of condescending, but I've never seen anything come out of that shop that really blew me away with impressiveness. People act like there **** is gold if it goes to RPM (espcially on HPJ), but they're just a shop that does what the customer asks and doesn't **** cars up like other shops.
Thanks for the compliments
Old 09-29-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That comes off kind of condescending, but I've never seen anything come out of that shop that really blew me away with impressiveness. People act like there **** is gold if it goes to RPM (espcially on HPJ), but they're just a shop that does what the customer asks and doesn't **** cars up like other shops.

I plan on being at Draggin Rights. Maybe it will be some good weather so I can move up a few more places on the SI list.

Yea JC, I guess you see 8.11 170mph f-bodys and full weight TBSS's running 9.0's everyday

SEE BELOW.......

Virgina Motorsports Park 8-08-09

275 Drag Radial Class

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1ST RD Eliminations

Jon Rittenhouse had first rd bye but broke and was unable to make it for the call to the lanes.

Wayne Gopshes 5.47/129 over Bobby Flippen 5.81/130 - Bobby cuts a good light but is unable to stay out front when the tires broke loose and Wayne runs a solid pass.

Martin *** 5.28/134 over Craig Bunn 5.82/119 - Craig goes .068 on the tree but the LS Powered RPM Motorsports Camaro runs hard and takes the win

Dale Handy 5.50/133 over Dan Whetstine 5.59/125 - Dan really steps up from his qualifying numbers but it's not enough to keep "The Moneypit" from taking the win.

Keith McLaughlin 5.46/131 over Jon Oliver 6.00/117 - Jon almost catches a break when Keith is a little sleepy on the tree but can't hold on as Keith run him down for the win.

Shelly Smith 5.36/134 over Clinton Smith 6.84/104 - In a battle of Smiths it's Shelly's Nitrous Powered Mustang taking the win over the Turbo Mustang of Clinton.

__________________________________________________ _______________

2nd RD Eliminations

Shelly Smith 5.37/135 over Kieth Mclaughlin 5.47/132

Martin *** 5.27/134 over Dale Handy *broke*

Wayne Gopshes 5.44/129 BYE RUN

Semi-Final Rd

Shelly Smith 5.37/135 vs Wayne Gopshes 5.52/127 - Shelly turns in another 5.3X pass to take the win over Wayne when he slows after a tuning change doesn't work out.

Martin *** 5.26/133 BYE RUN - Martin runs it out the back taking lane choice going into the finals.

Final Rd

Martin *** run the quickest pass of the day with a 5.23/134 over Shelly Smith 5.30/136
Congrats to Martin and RPM Motorsports on the win and Shelly on the r/u!

Yea not really impressive LMAO On 429ci and NO2

Last edited by SOMbitch; 09-29-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Yea JC, I guess you see 8.11 170mph f-bodys and full weight TBSS's running 9.0's everyday

SEE BELOW.......
I know what those cars are doing. I was at Rockingham when they went 8.11. And I'm pretty sure that's not a full weight TBSS.

I won't argue that those aren't fast, but I'm talking about the everyday stuff. Not all out drag **** with tons of money in it.

They do good work and have a loyal following, but that's no reason to talk down to me because I do my own stuff. The faster cars are guys who run shops or do their own work, not ones who pay someone else to work on their ****. Not saying that everyone who works on their own cars is going to run better, that's not he case at all.

RPM keeps the customer happy and that's good business sense. It's their nutting hugging fan boys that irritate me. You act like one yourself and you're not even from around here.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

First off sorry if I came off as talking down to you

Second I am nobodys But I like a badass car whether it be Ford, Mopar, Honda and I could give a rats *** who built it etc....

According to their website (I just checked it out) the TBSS is a 4650lb 1200hp LSX block All Pro head car. I have not seen it since the LS2 came out of it when it ran low 10's IIRC so all I know is what is on the website... BUT STILL DAMN IMPRESSIVE FOR 4650LB CAR YOU MUST ADMIT

Your original post NEVER SAID "NOT ALL OUT **** WITH TONS OF MONEY INTO IT" and THATS WHAT I WAS CLARIFYING. They are quite capable of putting out IMPRESSIVE STUFF IF THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE ASKED TO DO.....

This quote "RPM keeps the customer happy and that's good business sense" and this quote "but they're just a shop that does what the customer asks and doesn't **** cars up like other shops." kinda sounds like an endorsement for them and I am sure they appreciate it

BTW you have a DAMN good running car Congrats

Last edited by SOMbitch; 09-29-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
First off sorry if I came off as talking down to you

Second I am nobodys But I like a badass car whether it be Ford, Mopar, Honda and I could give a rats *** who built it etc....

According to their website (I just checked it out) the TBSS is a 4650lb 1200hp LSX block All Pro head car. I have not seen it since the LS2 came out of it when it ran low 10's IIRC so all I know is what is on the website... BUT STILL DAMN IMPRESSIVE FOR 4650LB CAR YOU MUST ADMIT

Your original post NEVER SAID "NOT ALL OUT **** WITH TONS OF MONEY INTO IT" and THATS WHAT I WAS CLARIFYING. They are quite capable of putting out IMPRESSIVE STUFF IF THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE ASKED TO DO.....

This quote "RPM keeps the customer happy and that's good business sense" and this quote "but they're just a shop that does what the customer asks and doesn't **** cars up like other shops." kinda sounds like an endorsement for them and I am sure they appreciate it

BTW you have a DAMN good running car Congrats
I was referring to NC98Z and the nut huggers from horsepowerjunkies.com. That believe they are invincible because they go to RPM. I mean RPM has the fastest nitrous car, so everything that goes there will also be the fastest something, right?

They do what the customer asks. Most of the time the customer doesn't know. Believe me I know one of the biggest RPM groupies there is. He doesn't know anything, but has a fast car (not full potential, but fast enough to make everyone that doesn't know think it is).

I'm not gonna talk too much **** because I only know what I know and that might not be anything. And the fact that I'll have all kind of heads, cam, and/or nitrous cars trying to race me to prove that there RPM-worked-on is faster. Which is dumb.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was referring to NC98Z and the nut huggers from horsepowerjunkies.com. That believe they are invincible because they go to RPM. I mean RPM has the fastest nitrous car, so everything that goes there will also be the fastest something, right?

They do what the customer asks. Most of the time the customer doesn't know. Believe me I know one of the biggest RPM groupies there is. He doesn't know anything, but has a fast car (not full potential, but fast enough to make everyone that doesn't know think it is).

I'm not gonna talk too much **** because I only know what I know and that might not be anything. And the fact that I'll have all kind of heads, cam, and/or nitrous cars trying to race me to prove that there RPM-worked-on is faster. Which is dumb.

It's all good man and I wasn't trying to start anything. I just know they can put together an IMPRESSIVE car when asked and that was my ONLY POINT...And nutswingers get on my nerves too (there are some big ones on this board I won't name) so I know how you feel. Maybe our paths will cross sometime I am sure we would enjoy a good BS session!!

Quick Reply: Small cam or stall untuned?