General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Beware of sellers in this forum! Wile9coyote

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of sellers in this forum! Wile9coyote

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum but I am a long time member of the Corvette Forum. I have been looking for an LS1 engine and tranny to put in a 73 vette. I made a deal with Wile9coyote for a package. I made offer, he made counter offer, we agreed on Monday. I have sent my son with the money today, Friday, to Austin tx. to pick it up. At 9 tonight I get the message that my seller has gotten a better offer on this sold unit. He has backed out. How do I register this as a totally negative response on Steve Townes? Lets keep this honest. Thanks
Old 10-31-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dfolse62
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum but I am a long time member of the Corvette Forum. I have been looking for an LS1 engine and tranny to put in a 73 vette. I made a deal with Wile9coyote for a package. I made offer, he made counter offer, we agreed on Monday. I have sent my son with the money today, Friday, to Austin tx. to pick it up. At 9 tonight I get the message that my seller has gotten a better offer on this sold unit. He has backed out. How do I register this as a totally negative response on Steve Townes? Lets keep this honest. Thanks
No transaction occurred, therefore you can't leave negative feedback. A seller can sell whatever they want, to whoever they want, whenever they want.. And the exact opposite.

I know it would **** me off, but thats how they handle things like this from what I have seen.

You made the thread, hopefully some people will see it. But from my experience, if you leave a negative rating he will probably just get a mod to remove it since no transaction went through.

Sorry for your lost time though, has to suck!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's bullshit. Like Lemons said, theres really nothing you can do since no transaction was made though.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

lemons is right. I would at least tell him he is a **********. That will make you feel better
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that....I have bought several parts on this board and have never had a problem. I hope you find a motor for your vett.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm him a link to this thread and ill tell him hes a ********** myself, thats bs. it would be different if you hadnt sent your son to actually complete the deal, like it was just talk and he changed his mind, but not since you and your protege took time and money and actully drove etc.

we should just go kick his *** and be done with it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,512 Likes on 1,087 Posts

All transactions through this site are at the sole risk of the individual parties involved. LS1Tech, and its staff, assmues no responsibility or liability for these transactions.

Having said that, it does not seem that any transaction took place here. What does seem to have happened is that you've encountered a dishonorable seller. Sadly, this happens. Hopefully, the same will happen to him some day; usually what goes around comes around.

In the mean time, there is really nothing you can do, unless of course you have already given him some sort of money that was not refunded. In that case I'd suggest you contact local authorities.