General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1TECH help me decide!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation LS1TECH help me decide!!!

Well guys, after a year and couple months, im accually contemplating selling my baby. My wife and I are going to have a baby real soon(in a couple days) and she hasnt been working so times are a little ruff. We have another car we're paying on too, which is the 08' Impala. We need that car to get the kid around and what not. I got a possible 10K offer on my car, which I owe ruffly 9800 on.

My question is, should I stick it out until the wife goes back to work, or sell my car? Any input would be great. Give it to me straight!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

miles?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

62K miles
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

10k sounds like a good offer to me let it go.theres always another camaro for sale.jmo
Old 10-15-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Family > Toys. dont get me wrong, if its not a drastic situation, i'm all about keeping my toys. But when it comes to your wife and child, you can always find another toy later on when you will actually enjoy it and not fell guilty for "taking away from your family".
Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well depending on your financial situation, if you guys can be okay with the camaro and impala car payments then i would try to stick it out. but like already said, you can always find another fbody.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

First off, that's a good offer on your car. If it's clean, you should keep it, if not, there is always another one you can pick up.

Second off, why do you need a 2008 Impala. Get rid of that thing and buy an older 4 door grand prix or something. Especially since she isn't working...why though? Can't find a job I hope, if not, you definitely don't need that car. So get a grand prix; you can pick one up for a few grand and it's an excellent car. I know, i know, women think they need to have a nice new car or an SUV, screw that ****, you wear the ******* pants, get something you can afford. Like she gives a **** about cars or knows anything about them (idk, i am just speculating) and get something practical you can afford.

Or hell, sell both cars and get two grand prixs till you can afford toys.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Default it's your call...

as to how difficult hanging on to the car would be. If you're going to have to skimp to keep it, don't hesitate: sell it- wife and baby are going to take more time and cash than you expect, and now's no time for skimping.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

Sell it
Old 10-15-2009, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.... We're not skimping bad right now its tight but we're still paying everything, its more thinking ahead kinda thing... We have enough money to get by and be confortable right now. But, im thinking down the road, the impala is a good car and we just refinanced it so its affortable and so is the camaro.

Im just thinking I should be gone of the toys before the kid comes. But, I dont want to get rid of it! It is a very clean car just needs tires! lol Ive always had some kind of camaro. Plus, my wife is going back to work in December. So, I dont know its a hard decision....
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

She gets a brand new car and you sell yours. Hell no. You sell yours she has to sell hers too and get something older. Fair is fair.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
She gets a brand new car and you sell yours. Hell no. You sell yours she has to sell hers too and get something older. Fair is fair.
She isnt making me sell it or hinting it. She accually really likes the camaro. She said its my decision.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

Well, it is tough. Life is life, when you have to let something go - Do it, it is what it is.

I am in a mind set of never having payment on a vehicle. I have had too many cars to list, working my way up from a total **** box. To buying both my IS300 and Camaro cash.

The only reason why I do this is because of life. **** happens, I will always have my cars. No repo man at my door step.

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

1. As said thats a good offer on your Z28

2. Guys, he can't sell that Impala, if he just refinanced it I gaurantee he's upside down in it meaning he owes way more than it's worth. No, offense to the thread starter as 80% of America owes more on their cars than they are worth.

3. Most imporant question that has yet to be asked; if you sell your car, your family is now a one car family. Are you ok with that? Or do you plan to take that $200 profit and get another loan on something else? If you're just going to go get another loan on another car don't waste your time selling it as debt is debt and your Camaro (if kept nice) will depreciate less than another newer regular car or SUV.

My advice and an easy way to "get rich" is to not have car payments. If you can't pay cash for it, you don't need it.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

If it were me I'd sell the '08 Impala before I sold the Camaro. Why have all that money tied up in it when you could just buy an older car with cash that does the daily driver duties just as well? That way you get rid of a payment, keep your toy, and still have reliable daily transportation. That Impala is just eating your investment anyway, it'll depreciate like crazy and get torn up over time. Sure the Camaro will depreciate too, but much slower, and at least you get a lot of enjoyment from it.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy choice. Sell the car.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Hard to tell from just what you posted. There are so many ways you can save money each month and probably dont realize it. Every little bit adds up. Cooking instead of eating out, renting instead of going to movie, carpooling, cable/internet packages to name a few. Babies are SO expensive. Usually newborns will have to see the doc every week or two for a couple of months. Not sure if you have a co pay or what kind of deductibles or coverage you have but think about it. Thank god im military!! Have you seen how much formula is? Diapers? Daycare is outrageous for newborns. IMO it would be best for you wife to just stay at home with the baby for a few months to avoid the cost.

Just my advice and experience with my little girl. They are expensive but worth every penny. There is no greater feeling than holding your baby for the first time. Told everyone I wouldn't but I cried when my daughter was born. It was just overwhelming. If I had to sell my harley and camaro for her I would. It would suck but I would live....
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Unlike most other people in the thread, I see that you have a truck that you DD, and the Impala for the wife and kid. If things are tight, sell the camaro. You have a chance to sell it and not be upside down on it. That should free up a little cash each month to make things easier. If someone would give me 10k for my TA today, it would be sold in a heartbeat, and I am not even tight on cash.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackonBlackTA
Unlike most other people in the thread, I see that you have a truck that you DD, and the Impala for the wife and kid. If things are tight, sell the camaro. You have a chance to sell it and not be upside down on it. That should free up a little cash each month to make things easier. If someone would give me 10k for my TA today, it would be sold in a heartbeat, and I am not even tight on cash.
same here... 10k and it would be gone before they could change their mind. Though I would probably turn around and get another z/28 for about 6-7.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 406malibu
same here... 10k and it would be gone before they could change their mind. Though I would probably turn around and get another z/28 for about 6-7.
Same... lol. I think it is my love/hate relationship with my black car.