General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just bought a S.O.M Z28 with 13k miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009 | 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

The salesmen are full of ****, why would the OP lie? I got my SOM Z28 for $9600 and the guy was asking $14k for it!!! with 48k.
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

dealerships likely arent going to tell you if they sold something really cheap or not, looks bad for their bargain skills...but i could be wrong...
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well either way, its a nice ride........so congrats OP for getting it at whatever price.
Old 11-23-2009 | 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car. That's the same car color I want right now. Good buy on the car.
Old 11-23-2009 | 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TWS
Yeah. I looked it up, both NADA and Kelley, while negotiating with them They wanted well above retail for it, but would barely budge off the $14,900 asking price. When I saw this thread, I could hardly believe that they hacked $4K off the price a week after I spoke with them. Now, after speaking again with the dealership, I don't believe it.
I had been working this same dealership on this EXACT car for a month with no luck. My friend was interested and had me working the deal since I used to sell cars for a living. This dealership was EXTREMELY proud of this car and would not move off $13,800.
Old 11-23-2009 | 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Uh O. Are we up to 2 naysayers? Its not looking good for the OP
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

come guys i was impressed, now im not liking the car so muchh.. nooottt
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:11 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69camaross
I had been working this same dealership on this EXACT car for a month with no luck. My friend was interested and had me working the deal since I used to sell cars for a living. This dealership was EXTREMELY proud of this car and would not move off $13,800.

yep yep. One reason I believe the dealership when they say the OP is lying is because it makes no sense for them to sell it to him at that price. They had a standing offer from me for more than that. They had my phone # and email and would have to be very stupid to sell the car lower without giving me a call.
Old 11-24-2009 | 10:16 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
The salesmen are full of ****, why would the OP lie? I got my SOM Z28 for $9600 and the guy was asking $14k for it!!! with 48k.
Salesmen are full of ****, just not in this case. I also bet your logic above is flawed because I am confident you are talking about a private party that sold you your car. Apples and oranges bro. Private individuals get a hell of a lot more desperate for cash. Dealerships won't drop a price like your seller did. They would rather take it back to the auction. To them it's just business. They are not going to survive or starve based on one single car like a desperate private seller. Looks like you got a nice car for a killer price, but I bet you bought it from a private seller.
Old 11-24-2009 | 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Damn this thread went down the toilet!
Old 11-24-2009 | 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TWS
Salesmen are full of ****, just not in this case. I also bet your logic above is flawed because I am confident you are talking about a private party that sold you your car. Apples and oranges bro. Private individuals get a hell of a lot more desperate for cash. Dealerships won't drop a price like your seller did. They would rather take it back to the auction. To them it's just business. They are not going to survive or starve based on one single car like a desperate private seller. Looks like you got a nice car for a killer price, but I bet you bought it from a private seller.
I couldnt agree more but where is the OP for an explanation??
Old 11-24-2009 | 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

I questioned the legitimacy of the deal on the first page as well. I was thinking originally about a flawed title. This wasn't a car with 40k miles, but basically a NEW car (from a dealer yet) with crazy low miles. Perhaps the OP used a trade-in and then used that price??? I don't know because I wasn't there but many people like to boast and whatever floats their boat, then fine. If a deal sounds to good to be true........
Old 11-25-2009 | 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

heres a quote for u, money talks and bs walks. my total with tags, doc fee, license and all that crap was a far cry from 14900 or 13800. and im not a liar, my investment in this car is what i said. if u must know, 700 of it was donated by the 120 who i outlasted in the lsx shootout in my white car. so my out of pocket was around 11. so i owe those racers a thanks
Old 11-25-2009 | 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I questioned the legitimacy of the deal on the first page as well. I was thinking originally about a flawed title. This wasn't a car with 40k miles, but basically a NEW car (from a dealer yet) with crazy low miles. Perhaps the OP used a trade-in and then used that price??? I don't know because I wasn't there but many people like to boast and whatever floats their boat, then fine. If a deal sounds to good to be true........
great job. i dont count the money from the shootout, but i know i didnt give 14900 or 13800 . its mine, and its what i always wanted, botom line.
Old 11-25-2009 | 09:45 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

It's a nice car, a really nice car. That's why myself and a couple other board members were interested in it. Congrats on owning it. However, why do you have to lie about the price? Trying to sound like a big shot that can wheel and deal and steal cars from dealers??? I don't get it.

Originally Posted by walker94z28
i dont count the money from the shootout,
OK, now that's a start. Admitting one part of the lie. Regardless of where the money came from, you don't deduct it and claim the price was lower.

You need to keep going and tell more of the truth. You are still lying. You are from Jackson, TN. It ain't in your profile... so guess how I know that? Just got off the phone with the dealer and guess what, new day and they say you are still a liar. Don't worry, they didn't give me any privacy act information... but they did tell me what the car sold for... and even after admitting one lie, you are still far from admitting the truth.

I guess you thought you could get away with this claim? The world is a small place now due to the Internet. It never occurred to you that some other LS1tech members could have been negotiating over the same car?
Old 11-25-2009 | 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
It's a nice car, a really nice car. That's why myself and a couple other board members were interested in it. Congrats on owning it. However, why do you have to lie about the price? Trying to sound like a big shot that can wheel and deal and steal cars from dealers??? I don't get it.

OK, now that's a start. Admitting one part of the lie. Regardless of where the money came from, you don't deduct it and claim the price was lower.

You need to keep going and tell more of the truth. You are still lying. You are from Jackson, TN. It ain't in your profile... so guess how I know that? Just got off the phone with the dealer and guess what, new day and they say you are still a liar. Don't worry, they didn't give me any privacy act information... but they did tell me what the car sold for... and even after admitting one lie, you are still far from admitting the truth.

I guess you thought you could get away with this claim? The world is a small place now due to the Internet. It never occurred to you that some other LS1tech members could have been negotiating over the same car?
Your a ****** tool bag with a yard full of slow OVERPAID **** ! ! ! So dont take it out on me . And your right, hell I gave 26,456.47for the car and dont forget the .47 cents either, there does that make your ***** wet ???? Go out in your overpaid garage and **** off on your slow *** cars and dont worry about me and my financial situation. Just cause you and your interned budies couldnt get a budge doesnt mean they wouldnt. And, I just called the dealer and talked to the Scott in the buisness office who finalized the deal and told him 2 things, 1. no one from tx should be knowing whether they gave it to me or i paid 759,000 and he asured me that no one knows my business, 2 Keep calling, if they do tell you the next call will be from my lawyer. After a lengthy conversation he asured me that YOU were the liar who just happened to know someone there but no truth to any of the **** you say. And Im NOT from Jackson.

They dont want to tell you that they came down, since they wouldnt for you and your online budies ! ! ! duh

Last edited by walker94z28; 11-25-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-25-2009 | 11:02 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by walker94z28
Your a ****** tool bag with a yard full of slow OVERPAID **** ! ! ! So dont take it out on me . And your right, hell I gave 26,456.47for the car and dont forget the .47 cents either, there does that make your ***** wet ???? Go out in your overpaid garage and **** off on your slow *** cars and dont worry about me and my financial situation. Just cause you and your interned budies couldnt get a budge doesnt mean they wouldnt. And, I just called the dealer and talked to the Scott in the buisness office who finalized the deal and told him 2 things, 1. no one from tx should be knowing whether they gave it to me or i paid 759,000 and he asured me that no one knows my business, 2 Keep calling, if they do tell you the next call will be from my lawyer. After a lengthy conversation he asured me that YOU were the liar who just happened to know someone there but no truth to any of the **** you say. And Im NOT from Jackson.

They dont want to tell you that they came down, since they wouldnt for you and your online budies ! ! ! duh
You are a real class act. Gives you even more credibility on this board and in this thread. The **** poor spelling and punctuation help too.

I caught you lying your *** off and it made you mad. Boo hoo. Why is there so much anger in your post? Because you got caught.

What is your lawyer's number? Does he exist? At this point if you said the sky is blue, I'd walk outside to double check. I'm more than done calling. All it took was one call when the right person was in. I was also done posting until you came back with this gem of a response. You've been caught dead to rights and I didn't need to say anymore until I saw this Pulitzer prize worthy material that is supposed to be some kind of comeback.

BTW, "someone" in TN described you as not looking like someone who was even on the Internet. They also said you pulled up with your grandmother - ????

Don't know about the second part, but they were partly right on the first. Someone who doesn't know how to act on the Internet is about right.
Old 11-25-2009 | 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
You are a real class act. Gives you even more credibility on this board and in this thread. The **** poor spelling and punctuation help too.

I caught you lying your *** off and it made you mad. Boo hoo. Why is there so much anger in your post? Because you got caught.

What is your lawyer's number? Does he exist? At this point if you said the sky is blue, I'd walk outside to double check. I'm more than done calling. All it took was one call when the right person was in. I was also done posting until you came back with this gem of a response. You've been caught dead to rights and I didn't need to say anymore until I saw this Pulitzer prize worthy material that is supposed to be some kind of comeback.

BTW, "someone" in TN described you as not looking like someone who was even on the Internet. They also said you pulled up with your grandmother - ????

Don't know about the second part, but they were partly right on the first. Someone who doesn't know how to act on the Internet is about right.
WOW, very impresive ! ! ! Now you and your informers can come line up and suck my dick ! ! ! Since you guys seem to want to know so much about me. Hell, I might even tell you exactly what town I live in for that one so you dont have to guess like you have about everything else.

I have the bill of sale, if you want to wager a few of them piles of **** in your yard we can ! ! ! End of discusion
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

dang!! congrats!!!
Old 11-26-2009 | 01:43 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

TWS. Let's be honest here. The dealer has certain legal obligations to their customers. There is no way in hell they told you what the OP paid for this car. And if they did give you a number, it's probably not correct, because they'd be opening themselves for legal action in not protecting their customer's private info.

So just give this up. Maybe the dude paid $10,900. Maybe he paid $20,900. Who cares. He bought the car, he closed on a deal, you didn't. End of story, and end of arguement.