General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

01 WS6 Doesnt turn over?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 01 WS6 Doesnt turn over?

So my brother was heading home from berkley yesterday and isnt sure what caused it to start, but as he was entering the freeway on a loop (probly a little faster than he should have been) ends up fishtailing back and forth. Ends up hitting the wall with the left rear quarter panel hard, spins around up a small curb, Thankfully that wall was there or he would have been into about 4 lanes of some pretty good traffic.
The front of the car is 100% fine, the back is smashed bad, however the car wont turn over. Is ther like a fuel cutoff or something?
Any ideas would be a great help. Its at the body shop waiting for the inevitable totalled out call of the insurance, but if they do that he wants to buy it back to part it out. The car was running fine no problems before this.
Thanks for any help.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

I think there should be a mental evaluation on peple before they buy fbodies. The impact on the rear may have caused the pump it self to fail, or destroyed contacts.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:20 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Eh, these cars were meant to live fast and die hard. And if people could be made to be wiser with these things then we'd be in a completely different world.

Why do you want it to turn over? It's wrecked. Like 'US said, the impact probably destroyed wiring or the pump itself...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Well if it gets totalled out, and bought back we want to show people that it runs and has no issues. The estimate on it was 84xx.xx, so its not looking good.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 00BlueTA
Well if it gets totalled out, and bought back we want to show people that it runs and has no issues. The estimate on it was 84xx.xx, so its not looking good.
People aren't going to care, they'll see rear hit with decent miles and be just as interested assuming it has decent miles. If 90k+ it then really doesn't matter.

Before you sell it, I'd swap his intake for the one on your 00 unless you've already upgraded to an LS6 intake.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let me know if you want to sell the hood.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
12 Second Club

I am not 100% sure but I think its near 75k miles. Thats how it looks right now.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:08 AM
On The Tree

Pickup tube might have gotten shoved into the tank and disloged something if it's just the lack of it getting fuel.

"Wont turn over" means it won't crank period. Is the car cranking and just not starting? You could destroy a battery in an accident quite quickly causing a no start. Id go over the basics.

That said, I'd get on on a rack and have the quarter reskinned. Doesn't look all THAT horrid considering.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Can you pull the tank? Get under there and look to see if any fuel lines have been pinched. I agree with RSbeast, it's probably lack of fuel that's preventing it the engine firing up.

I'm assuming it will crank, meaning the starter still works, correct?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by demonpixel
Can you pull the tank? Get under there and look to see if any fuel lines have been pinched. I agree with RSbeast, it's probably lack of fuel that's preventing it the engine firing up.

I'm assuming it will crank, meaning the starter still works, correct?

+1

Originally Posted by RSbeast
Pickup tube might have gotten shoved into the tank and disloged something if it's just the lack of it getting fuel.

"Wont turn over" means it won't crank period. Is the car cranking and just not starting? You could destroy a battery in an accident quite quickly causing a no start. Id go over the basics.

That said, I'd get on on a rack and have the quarter reskinned. Doesn't look all THAT horrid considering.

+1

Your damage is right where all the fuel components are leading into the gas tank. There is also terminal block and wiring harness in the same area, on that side, underneath the car behind that rear corner panel.

The car looks fixable in the pictures.

If your insurance company decides to total the car, you can buy it back and do some of the repair yourself and have a body shop do the rear corner panel. ( That's if you mechanically inclined. )

Over the years I've seen some good sales for body parts in the Classified section here on LS1Tech.

Just some suggestions.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah it will crank the motor tries but doesnt 100% start. Its at the body shop waiting on the insurance to say yes or no. After that depending on the outcome is if I'll be under it or maybe they will fix it.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I'll be sure to let you know the outcome, if it gets repaired I'll post the after shots. Its at one of the best body shops around.