General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

look im a ford boy. but i need a car that has luxury and performance.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
im good. not a Z06 expert by any means.

my car will not:
turn............no front sway bar...tiny front runners
stop.......... no ABS anymore and manual no boost brakes
turn easy.....no power steering
drive in the rain safely....super wides in a light car=white knuckle in the rain.

it only does one thing well. accelerate in a straight line.
C6Z with a driver drag radials and a tune will run 10s all day long at 130+mph... I would say that is decent for a car that performs better in every other category! "just saying"...
Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
im sure the BMWs mentioend above are slightly more expensive then the V he is looking at lol. Ad for the shifter, the stock one is sloppy but a few aftermarkert shifters are made and compliment the car nicely. I never have a problem with reverse, its a T56 so its not like its a flaw in the tranny on all V's, prolly just that one.
I hope that is the case and I really think it is. The dealer and that particular car left a bad taste in my mouth. The bimmer's are a little more and if you were to pick up an 07 335i they go for low to mid 30's and if it's out of warranty then you are probably going to have to allocate some funds to the eventual HPFP issue that will more then likely crap out. I wouldn't recommend a used bimmer. I got lucky, I found an 09 335xi demo that I got for 37K with only 7k miles on it. CTS-v is going to be 10K less providing it's an ls2.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone said a red CTS-V??

Idk where your located but here is one on craigslist Allentown, PA:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/1508745767.html
Old 12-13-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=SOMbitch;12606705]
Originally Posted by Juicy J
lol Absolutely do not buy an Fbody if you want any form of luxury. You will not find it. QUOTE]

Agreed they are only slightly better than a C4 vette in this aspect....Not that they aren't great fun....
I find my vette more confortable than an fbody
corners better but the susp is pretty stiff.

CTS-v is the best option if you want gm luxury muscle
Old 12-14-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

i dont want GM. it just happens that a CTS-v is a GM product.

luxury performance with good looks. plenty of interior space. modern styling. lots of reasons. but not because its GM.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i can see it now....the looks i would get from my family members showing up in a:

vette
porsche
xk8
older ferrari(mondial is my favorite)
two seat mercedes

they would be saying... "bill is in a midlife crisis". thats all i need. im so over the muscle car thing. nope i dont need that stigma.

mustangs
f-bodies..... im 44.

time to grow up. the stang will be my occasional toy. it is getting a 1000hp turbo motor. but i can see myself stopping driving it entirely once i get the CTS.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The idea of a mid-life crisis is ugly, for sure. But I think making a decision on what car to buy because you're worried about what people might think about you or your car is unjust. Good luck with whatever you get...
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

i can see it now....the looks i would get from my family members showing up in a:

vette
porsche
xk8
older ferrari(mondial is my favorite)
two seat mercedes

they would be saying... "bill is in a midlife crisis". thats all i need. im so over the muscle car thing. nope i dont need that stigma.

mustangs
f-bodies..... im 44.

time to grow up. the stang will be my occasional toy. it is getting a 1000hp turbo motor. but i can see myself stopping driving it entirely once i get the CTS.
I hope I never grow up. Muscle cars and sports cars are the lifeblood of many of us. My neighbor is over 70 years old and owns a 1970 Mach 1, a 1967 Mercury Cougar XR7 GT (pretty rare with the 390) and he loves to drive around in a basically perfect 1981 Datsun 280ZX. You are never too old for anything!! I am in your age group and have always owned muscle or sports cars. Never been a day without one and I hope to follow in my neighbor's shoes.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:38 AM
9 Second Club

Good thing for me is that no one would ever be able to say I'm going through a midlife crisis as I've always been into performance cars. I'm only 29 btw so if I get a 911, gt-r, zr-1, or whatever in the next couple years it would be natural and wouldn't surprise my family
Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Teching In

You had better rethink the cts-v.They have alot more problems than the rear axels.The cts and cts-v platform from 03-07 are riddled with problems.Just do some searching on line and you will see what I am talking about.I have heard the 08-09 have been upgraded but I still would pass.I have an 04 that I got new and it is nothing but junk.The car lots around here are loaded with used ones and are selling for rock bottom prices and have no takers.They do not hold there value. They have put two rear axels under mine,both front hubs the transmissiom and the rear bearings have been replaced.I thought I got a lemon but have found alot of people with the same problems as me.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohio96ss
You had better rethink the cts-v.They have alot more problems than the rear axels.The cts and cts-v platform from 03-07 are riddled with problems.Just do some searching on line and you will see what I am talking about.I have heard the 08-09 have been upgraded but I still would pass.I have an 04 that I got new and it is nothing but junk.The car lots around here are loaded with used ones and are selling for rock bottom prices and have no takers.They do not hold there value. They have put two rear axels under mine,both front hubs the transmissiom and the rear bearings have been replaced.I thought I got a lemon but have found alot of people with the same problems as me.
Yea id listen to this dumb***......if you knew what the hell you were talking about you would know there was NO CTS-V MADE IN 2008! And yes in 2009 it was upgraded, actually completely redesigned and reengineered but also cost 60k, and it is arguably one of the best GM prodcuts ever made and might sound weird but has been compared to the new ZR1. Not saying it is as nice but tune and tires in the 11s. So Upgraded isnt exactly the word I would put to describe the change from first gen to second gen.

Maybe you see regular CTS's at dealerships but i guarntee you dont see V's loaded onto the lots at rock bottom prices. And how many cars are you seeing actually holding there value? I mean if you compare it to an all original 1969 Chevelle 396 SS you might be right but jesus STFU our economy is horrible and people are having a hard time selling anything let alone a car(the worst investment you can make).
Old 12-15-2009, 07:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Since you're a ford guy, maybe a new Ford Tarus SHO?
This car is bad-assed.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

i can see it now....the looks i would get from my family members showing up i

mustangs
f-bodies..... im 44.

I am 36 and I am just getting into it
Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Yea id listen to this dumb***......if you knew what the hell you were talking about you would know there was NO CTS-V MADE IN 2008! And yes in 2009 it was upgraded, actually completely redesigned and reengineered but also cost 60k, and it is arguably one of the best GM prodcuts ever made and might sound weird but has been compared to the new ZR1. Not saying it is as nice but tune and tires in the 11s. So Upgraded isnt exactly the word I would put to describe the change from first gen to second gen.

Maybe you see regular CTS's at dealerships but i guarntee you dont see V's loaded onto the lots at rock bottom prices. And how many cars are you seeing actually holding there value? I mean if you compare it to an all original 1969 Chevelle 396 SS you might be right but jesus STFU our economy is horrible and people are having a hard time selling anything let alone a car(the worst investment you can make).
I was talking about the cts platform from of those years,they made no cts-v's in o8 because of all the problems with them and needed to upgrade them to get them to last longer than 50,000 miles.The cts v6 will not last with the stock drive train so theres no hope for the v. Just look in the cts section on this site and that should tell you something.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ke^in
This car is bad-assed.
They are cool cars, but I don't think they are priced very competitively.

I don't get why people buy cars just because its a Ford, or Chevy or whatever. Thats quite childish in my opinion. People should really look at what class of car they want, and then look at who makes the better car for that class.

That sounds like what the OP is doing. Outside of the SHO, Ford doesn't make anything the OP is looking for.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

I was talking about the cts platform from of those years,they made no cts-v's in o8 because of all the problems with them and needed to upgrade them to get them to last longer than 50,000 miles.The cts v6 will not last with the stock drive train so theres no hope for the v. Just look in the cts section on this site and that should tell you something.
I have driven a stock '05 CTS with the 3.6l V6 at 80 000 miles with ZERO problems...it's still my friend's daily driver. Made me wish I had bought one instead of leasing a Cobalt SS/SC! He now owns that CTS, an 06 SRX V8 AWD, and an 06 STS-V.

I like both the STS and CTS V series sedans. Great cars, and I may own one someday as well.

New Taurus SHO vs CTS-V??

I would take the V over an SHO, especially considering the luxury aspect. I am pretty sure an 06 V will also outperform the SHO in almost every aspect, but it may come down to which is more suited for the individual.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know Pontiac is a dead brand, but there's still some G8's out there on the lots and they are giving VERY good deals on them.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you serious? Really are you serious? You do realize that the drivetrain in a V is completely different right? LS6 or LS2,and T56 with an 8.8 IRS and 3.73 gears............So i guess there is no hope for c5 Zo6 or any car every built with an LS2(vette, TBSS etc) Obviously i own a V and am in the CTS Section everyday so I know every in and out of the car. Im sure there was a different reason they didnt make a V in 08, and if it was suck a POS, then why did they build the EXACT same car except motors from 04, 05, 06, and 07, look at them inside and out and tell me the difference between an 04-05 and 06-07 besides the motor, and guess what you would have no clue at all unless you ahppened to notice the only real difference(radio buttons on the steering wheel) so please dont talk **** if you dont know ****....and you DONT KNOW ****.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the SHO is a decent car. it does look great BTW. and there are fellows running 12.70's with only a tune. but i want a luxury car. a taurus is hardly that.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club

^Honestly, my sister bought a nicely loaded ford fusion and it was about as luxury as my infiniti or bmw. Just because it doesn't have a luxury brand name doesn't mean it lacks luxury. That is unless you need to have a luxury brand name

Quick Reply: look im a ford boy. but i need a car that has luxury and performance.