General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

look im a ford boy. but i need a car that has luxury and performance.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ohio96ss
You had better rethink the cts-v.They have alot more problems than the rear axels.The cts and cts-v platform from 03-07 are riddled with problems.Just do some searching on line and you will see what I am talking about.I have heard the 08-09 have been upgraded but I still would pass.I have an 04 that I got new and it is nothing but junk.The car lots around here are loaded with used ones and are selling for rock bottom prices and have no takers.They do not hold there value. They have put two rear axels under mine,both front hubs the transmissiom and the rear bearings have been replaced.I thought I got a lemon but have found alot of people with the same problems as me.
a t-56 can easily handle 400 lb-ft. no 5k neutral drops. drive it like i want it to last. simple

the way i intend to drive it will hardly test its mettle. the only issue i see consistently is the rear end failures 04-05. besides the 06-07 is rated a few MPG higher. it does matter. i dont **** my money away(besides allinomy).

the supercharged cars are definitely tempting(xlr-v, sts-v, cts-v(09-10)), but it again gets outside of why im buying it. i need to settle down a bit. i run 150-170 mph on a regular basis in my current car.i have never run it to max speed. the tach was climbing rapidly at a calculated 170. im asking for it. and its time to wise up.

an ls-2 stock is plenty. and the car will not get beat on.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mpg is basically exact same throughout 04-07 fyi
Old 12-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with checking in on a g8. A friend of mine has a procharged GT that dynoes around 500hp. Plus they look pretty beast. On the zeta platform too.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

luxury man. and support. the G8 will lose support after pontiac is gone a while. not really going to buy a car from a dead car company.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
Its too bad you dont like BMWs my mom just got a 2010 M5.., That is one of the sweetest cars I have ever driven... 4 Doors, plenty of room, 507 HP V10, 7 speed...

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...gine_data.html

haha yeah for $90k you can have a 2010 M5

Originally Posted by ohio96ss
I was talking about the cts platform from of those years,they made no cts-v's in o8 because of all the problems with them and needed to upgrade them to get them to last longer than 50,000 miles.The cts v6 will not last with the stock drive train so theres no hope for the v. Just look in the cts section on this site and that should tell you something.
haha dude if you don't know what you're talking about, stop typing. whats the point of posting here if you're just going to talk out of your ***?

Originally Posted by assasinator
the supercharged cars are definitely tempting(xlr-v, sts-v, cts-v(09-10)), but it again gets outside of why im buying it. i need to settle down a bit. i run 150-170 mph on a regular basis in my current car.i have never run it to max speed. the tach was climbing rapidly at a calculated 170. im asking for it. and its time to wise up.

an ls-2 stock is plenty. and the car will not get beat on.
Even in stock form the V is a perfect daily driver. You'll love it.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive been defending the V the whole time but people are just hard headed.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
ive been defending the V the whole time but people are just hard headed.
I love the V and was really close to getting it. If it wasn't for the fact that the shifter was f'd up and the dealer was a completely useless twit, I'd probably be in that car right now. It left such a sour taste in my mouth, but gave up looking around. Pretty stupid reason to give up on a car, but the situation wasn't winning me over
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want luxury and you are thinking GTO? haaaa Not even close to luxury.
Try CTS-V, STS-V (unless you want an LS motor)

Maybe look at an import... Thats what i did, and willizm did also i believe...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
I love the V and was really close to getting it. If it wasn't for the fact that the shifter was f'd up and the dealer was a completely useless twit, I'd probably be in that car right now. It left such a sour taste in my mouth, but gave up looking around. Pretty stupid reason to give up on a car, but the situation wasn't winning me over
That sucks. Those 335s are pretty sick though.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that stinking rear end just about has me talked out of the cts-v. i feel confident i could reiforce it, but i ask myself. "why do i need to fix a defect". i really want to get in it a drive. i already have a car to mess with. i need on to just drive. makes an easy decision difficult.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

^my look at it also was why not try something different from the T/A for me. Figure the i-6TT is a great platform to mod and learn about. Getting 400+whp is very easy with a tune and a couple bolt-ons. If you have your fun car why not try something different from a RWD v8 formula. Hell if you want to stay domestic the SHO AWD is a pretty cool platform that I think will have a great aftermarket, plus it's a ford so it will be a bit familiar to you at least.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the issue with the ford sho isnt the ability to produce rediculous hp from it. it already runs 12.75 with ONLY a tune. its the weight, and the engine internals that limit it. 4200 lbs is heavy. nobody knows the limits of the rids/pistons. they are the same cracked metal/hyper-pathetic combo ford has been using all along. the GT500 shows how strong a powedered rod CAN be, but nobody knows for sure about the SHO rods. 365hp is not really very much power. and they are tuned just past 400hp. the tubos are common garrett BB chra's, but adding larger turbos may only blow it. and that motor is not cheap.

i have looked into the 335i. IMO the tuning is risky when pushed. the falmefront travel speed is an important factor when tuning a DI turbo. just forcing the A/F to 11.9 is not really an answer to the extreme compression for a turbo. it doesnt address flame speed. i agree that durability is traded for power. now, if a fellow dropped the C/R to 9.0 to 1 and really went for it i'd be more inclined to pursue it. as the 335i is now the power limits are just too low. tuning your 335i to 430rwhp is asking to buy another one soon. IMO.

and.... why buy a 335i if i was going that direction and pass up the 55 series merc? its relatively light 3560(c55) and has 362hp. more to work with really. or an e55? used of course.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

^first off, BMW's aren't reliable in stock form anyway. There are many that are running 400+whp since 2007 without issue. There are many that bought a brand new 335i and have needed warranty work on it while being completely stock. Just google HPFP and you will probably see a bunch of bmw forum topics pop up. I still love the car, but I'm not keeping it passed 50K miles anyway so longevity is not too important for me. Honestly, that is how a lot of 335i owners feel anyway. i wouldn't say that the tuning is risky. What is risky is owning a bmw outside of warranty. Now that is risky

Quick Reply: look im a ford boy. but i need a car that has luxury and performance.