General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My car is nothing but problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This kind of stuff happens man. I know exactly where you are coming from. It has happened to me with every mod ive done and it sucks and you think your done with anything that has to do with a car. Then things go right for a little bit and thats what keeps me in it. Just to hear the car and drive it in perfect shape and not worry about anything.

My friend had started a foxbody project build. Turbo'd 331. He had everything except the rearend he needed and the suspension. He was about 25k into the build. Then the economy went to ****. He had no choice but to sell his project. He sold everything for $10k.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to work on my car with friends, and in turn work on their cars with them. My second car (1996 Caprice police package car)...it seemed like every bolt was always stuck, I always would make a dumb mistake and damage something...their cars (both caprices, one with a 94 and one with a 96 Caprice just like my car)...everything always seemed to work...it was just that my car was a northern car it's whole life, and theirs were not...so it sucked.

It won't last forever...I still help friends work on their stuff, and I prefer to work on my own stuff by myself...but my Camaro has been nothing short of great to me...everything I've touched on it has gone very smoothly...maybe it's partly due to my experience now (it's been over 10 years since I first started working on the Caprice)...but I think I also have more patience now...and I'm more aware of how to position myself so I don't bash my knuckles fighting a difficult bolt, and I've learned to research what I'm doing much more in advance of doing it so I know what obstacles to expect and what the common difficulties are.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
I used to work on my car with friends, and in turn work on their cars with them. My second car (1996 Caprice police package car)...it seemed like every bolt was always stuck, I always would make a dumb mistake and damage something...their cars (both caprices, one with a 94 and one with a 96 Caprice just like my car)...everything always seemed to work...it was just that my car was a northern car it's whole life, and theirs were not...so it sucked.

It won't last forever...I still help friends work on their stuff, and I prefer to work on my own stuff by myself...but my Camaro has been nothing short of great to me...everything I've touched on it has gone very smoothly...maybe it's partly due to my experience now (it's been over 10 years since I first started working on the Caprice)...but I think I also have more patience now...and I'm more aware of how to position myself so I don't bash my knuckles fighting a difficult bolt, and I've learned to research what I'm doing much more in advance of doing it so I know what obstacles to expect and what the common difficulties are.

Exactly it seems like everyone elses car just goes so much smoother. Maybe its just in my mind though.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been my experience that my mood is better while working on others' vehicles maybe because I had good company or was more cautious. Bad mood means impatience, inattentiveness and failure to think things over. When you work on your own car take your time, love on it a little and treat her like she's made of gold. Works on the wife anyway.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Teching In

I love this thread. I now know I'm not alone. Good luck with your car.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always find the jobs that I think are gonna be a MAJOR pita actually go smooth, and rediculously easy jobs(ie removing camaro frt headlights) are a kick to the nuts....at least it makes doing ithe same job in the future a lil easier.....
Old 01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
90% of all the projects I've ever done on any one of my cars have had unplanned snags that never should have happened, led to other problems, or just plain ended up being a lot harder and more complicated than I counted on.

Sometimes I think this hobby sucks.
But I always seem to come back for more.