General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Car shipping company? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car shipping company? Need help

Hello Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right section but I"m hoping someone can help me. Does anyone know of a good car shipping company that has a good track record of being on time to pick the vehicle up? I"m flying down to Texas Sunday to pick up a truck and have it shipped back to Michigan. Well, of course the shipping company I was going to use has now "determined that it will cost another $125 to guarantee the truck to be picked up by Tuesday at the latest", (the day I am flying back). They said that if I want to pay $125 less they cannot guarantee picking it up between Sunday and Tuesday.

However, they certainly COULD before they took my deposit. I understand things come up but when I give them advance notice and they initially say Sunday is no problem and now they can't even guarantee even Tuesday, it is quite frustrating. I just want a company who will be there when we agree or at least close to it. So, I am all ears to any good advice?? Anyone on this forum in the truck shipping business? haha. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it a near a major city in Texas? Most of the shipping companies I looked at had terminals at some major locations. That way you could buy the vehicle, drive it and drop it off, and then the contracted driver will pick it up as soon as they can getting it on its way to you.

I trusted my seller to handle the pick up of my new TA a few days after we exchanged funds. Not ideal, but I trusted him enough to buy a heavily modded car. Everything turned out fine btw.