General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Get rid of my modded lt1 a4 for an ls1 and m6? Or build up my lt1?? Help/ advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would say sell yours and get an ls1 6speed trans am...best decision i ever made
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferg95 T/A
Ok I really dont think that you know what in the hell that you are talking about. I am buying it from a member of this forum. And no....its not a piece of ****...last time I checked it wasn't absolutely necessary to tune for a 100 shot...its a wet kit...and the only thing that it means with the 4:10's is that the odometer and speedometer is not correct. So whats the huge deal...I will give my address and you start making out the check!
No no. I'll send you cash sir by the end of the summer if it hasn't blown anything on the engine, the clutch, or the rear end

Lets stay in touch!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
No no. I'll send you cash sir by the end of the summer if it hasn't blown anything on the engine, the clutch, or the rear end

Lets stay in touch!

I'll will keep tabs on that Z28. I am Ferg95 T/A brother. I don't think there will be any issues with that car he is buying. It has a 100 shot run through it w/ correct plugs and window switch. Ferg is correct that on a 100 shot w/ stock tune that a 100 shot is perfectly fine. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. You better keep your checking account up. If you need proof at the end of the summer we can get it.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well speaking from experience this is what I can tell you. I use to have a 94 Z that was a full bolt on hotcam auto car that I was absoluetly in love with. I thought it was king of the hill. I always wanted a 6spd car too and one day I decided to start the search...after 2 years I found a bone stock 99 T/A 6spd car that was nbm with two white stripes. Leather, ttops. It was perfect. I paid 5500 for it. The sad part was that it took me 3 months to sell my camaro which was in damn near new condition and all I could scrap up for a full bolt on, brand new engine and transmission car with a cam and all the goodies was 3500 bucks. Was a bummer but bafter one full throttle run up the onramp on the way home in my new ta....icould give a **** less. Its more fun to drive everytime I hit the gas.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Lets stay in touch!
That sounds like a deal...It only has a lid,stock slp loudmouth exhaust,and a 100 shot that has seen less than 2 bottles...so are u saying that every LS1 that has seen a "small" shot of nitrous with 4:10 gears is a peice of crap...I know that you are probably jealous because I am getting a good deal and you didn't get such a good deal when you bought your car...But ok I will keep in touch and let you know of ANY problems that I probably WONT have...and I forgot to tell you that I may drive it 50 miles a week...and the reason that it is so cheap is because it has a small clear coat issue...but I am not worried about that
Old 03-20-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 163 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I'll will keep tabs on that Z28. I am Ferg95 T/A brother. I don't think there will be any issues with that car he is buying. It has a 100 shot run through it w/ correct plugs and window switch. Ferg is correct that on a 100 shot w/ stock tune that a 100 shot is perfectly fine. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. You better keep your checking account up. If you need proof at the end of the summer we can get it.
hehe. keep my checking account up to date, its 50 bucks. I **** 50 bucks daily in THC alone.

But its good to hear theres only 2 bottles through it, I assumed to quickly that it was 150 shot and had seen many bottles. But sounds like you did it right and I might be out alittle loot. My hats off to you both on a good deal
Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

hehe. keep my checking account up to date, its 50 bucks. I **** 50 bucks daily in THC alone.

But its good to hear theres only 2 bottles through it, I assumed to quickly that it was 150 shot and had seen many bottles. But sounds like you did it right and I might be out alittle loot. My hats off to you both on a good deal
Thanks...I will keep updates on the car...I am pretty sure that it will last for a long time...I am not rough on cars at all
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

keep the lt1 and build a 383
Old 03-20-2010, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can find used LS1/T56 combos on Ebay for a couple grand. I know 3 people personally that stuck LS1s in LT1 cars.