General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Firebird/Trans AM owners only need enter.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird/Trans AM owners only need enter.

Is it common practice when driving your 98-02 LS1 pontaic that owners wave to each other? Passed a pewter WS6 today on the way home from work today. Driver was kind enough to give me a thumbs up...didnt expect it?

Gave him a wave back. How cool is that? Maybe, because Fbodies are non-existent around here.

Wave to your fellow TA/firebird drivers.

I always wave to fellow motorcycle riders around here, but this was way cool and unexpected.

Camaros are all too common around here, so dont expect a wave from me!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wave at almost everyone. But if it's a nice ride, I like to give the driver a thumbs-up or the "Peace" sign. I guess I do it to show respect from one car-guy to another.

I know what you mean when you get a wave or thumbs-up when you aren't expecting it. Kinda makes owning the car you have that much more worth it.

Good stuff, huh.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

This is not a '98-02 LS1 Pontiac exclusive.

Rarely did my WS6 ever get noticed. Same with my Z28s. On the other hand, all of us "old car" people give a thumbs up regardless of make/model. Any time I have the Nova out, I'll usually see an on-coming old car driver's thumb out the window before I can even tell what kind of car it is.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really only wave/peace sign the ones i know. out of town i'll do it if the cars super nice
Old 04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I give a head nod. Seems a lot of F-body owners either don't pay attention to my car, nothing special about so no real reason too, or i get a dirty look from them.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, mostly I don't really get any attention from other F-Body owners. I've waved in the past, and mostly gotten strange looks in return. I don't bother any more.

There was one occasion a few months ago when it was unseasonably warm, so I took the Bird out. I was on the highway when I see a white WS6 overtaking me in the fast lane. As I'm looking over to check out the car, I see the driver (a guy in his 50's) looking over and giving me a big thumbs up. I thought that was pretty cool.

It's the same thing when I'm driving my Jeep. There's the whole "Jeep wave" thing, but most Jeep drivers these days are cluesless. Even ones driving modded Jeeps. I was in mine and waved at a girl driving a lifted Cherokee today, she just gave me a look.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

An older model trans am waved at me once. I thought it was cool! So did a vette
Old 04-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Teching In

I tend to give thumbs up to T/a's in my area, which i am starting to see more and more.

Funny enough, around were i live, i usually get the young hispanics in Mustangs and Civics adriving up to me at a light, asking me what kind of car it is or if its a real Trans Am, when i explain and ask if they want to race...they say no lol
Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Im too sexy to wave.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

I wave and the response is about 50-50. Sometimes the other T/A is being driven so hard that the driver doesn't even see me. I have also had from Mustang owners. The biggest mistake is waving at a T/A when you are not driving your own at the time. They think you are
Old 04-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually get noticed quite a bit in the T/A. Dont have alot of people waving, but people looking. In traffic, when coming to a red light, if I'm the first car in line, fast or slow lane, people usually line up behind me. Guess they figure I'll be the first up to speed.

On another note, I picked up a 94 LeSabre for a DD last week and the wife was following me home in the T/A. Looking the rear view mirror, these cars a quite intimidating.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

90% of the time they don't bother to wave back so I don't initiate a wave anymore.

It's funny though when I lived out in the country all us redneck deerhunters with jacked up 4X4's waved whether we were Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyata etc...... Now that I am a city redneck no waves in the truck.....
Old 04-03-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chaman
Im too ghey to wave.
Fixed..
Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
90% of the time they don't bother to wave back so I don't initiate a wave anymore.

It's funny though when I lived out in the country all us redneck deerhunters with jacked up 4X4's waved whether we were Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyata etc...... Now that I am a city redneck no waves in the truck.....

I used to wave but no one ever waves back
Old 04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SOMbitch

I've noticed the same thing. Maybe it's the busier and heavy traffic? Either way, when I'm in or near my home town, a wave takes place. When I'm in the thick suburbs visiting my sweetheart, one hand stays on the wheel, the other on the shifter b/c I have learned peopled don't wave back there.

I did wave at a Toyota truck one time, but the guy couldn't see me I guess. Looked like he was having problems braking - luckily for him the floor board had rusted out, which allowed him Fred Flintstone it!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Fbodys, Mustangs, and others always rev thier **** at me, thats cool!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
This is not a '98-02 LS1 Pontiac exclusive.

Rarely did my WS6 ever get noticed. Same with my Z28s. On the other hand, all of us "old car" people give a thumbs up regardless of make/model. Any time I have the Nova out, I'll usually see an on-coming old car driver's thumb out the window before I can even tell what kind of car it is.
Yup, in an old car EVERYONE waves. Well, except the old 66 Mustang douches who think they are hot **** lol.. I was cruising around in the 80 T/A one day when it was still in primer and a bunch of people in a Chevelle were revving at me lol.. Dropped the hammer around the turn for them. But then the guy in the 66 Mustang acted like I was never even there.

With the newer cars it's hit or miss. I have had the **** scared out of me a few times when people revv, mostly sport bikes, damn things are loud.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i noticed in my dads jeep that its really just the older jeeps that notice like the cj and yj and scramblers and sometimes heavy modded 4 doors.

in my 78 formy EVERYBODY used to wave and stare and stuff it was kool! then again it was the only one like it on the island.

then i got my ws6 and like no one waves!!! just a vette guy i see all the time and a ws6 to
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to.. I stopped because people just look at me weird.. O well, **** em.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

No...