General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I got an offer last night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by eseibel67
Guy, you have $10,600 into it, and you are unhappy with a $400 profit?

This is a CAR. They lose value everytime you drive it or flip the page on the calender.

The goal should be to minimize the LOSS. If you make anything, take it.
But i dont need or have to sell the car. I would just let it go for the right price and $11K is not the right price.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Launching!

I must say I'm quite surprised with the responses i'm getting. I actually on posted this because i figured we would all get a laugh at the guy offering me less for having a M6 vs an A4!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sunset_Z28/RS
I must say I'm quite surprised with the responses i'm getting. I actually on posted this because i figured we would all get a laugh at the guy offering me less for having a M6 vs an A4!
I kinda figured that was the point you were trying to make cuz he got it backwards. When I get people asking me what I would take, I just tell them its not for sale. I just had a few guys offer me $7500 for my 99 GTP. I should sell it for that but I dont wanna.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Launching!

I thought that was the funny part, more money for an auto

Just sounds like he cant drive stick.

Originally Posted by sunset_Z28/RS
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, if someone offered me 400 over what I've spent on my car, I'd take it in a heartbeat. That means I'd have driven it for the past almost 3 years for free.

And it's funny what he said about the A4..... usually it's the M6 that demends the higher price.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Should have taken the offer. Even in a better economy you will not get that much for it. 60k is not exactly crazy low mileage and you don't have much done to it. But I mean if you don't want to sell it then don't take offers on it. What's the point?
Old 04-11-2010, 12:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

$11k is a very fair offer for that car. You might as well plan on never selling it then, because I don't see anybody paying more for that car.

Originally Posted by jakes4321
I thought that was the funny part, more money for an auto
I would pay more for an auto. Actually I wouldn't pay anything for an M6, because the whole M6 to A4 conversion is really more work than I'd want to do.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really think 11k was a hell of an offer for a 99. You say you have 10,600 in the car with mods, mods DO NOT add much value to a car, unless your mods are very, very extensive, and still you won't get your money back. Not even close. Your car being a bolt on car doesn't warrant marking up the price for most people.

I do think its funny he says an a4 is worth more than an m6. In reality, from the factory cars usually cost less for a standard trans vs. an automatic. Fbody's usually bring more money for an m6 just because so many people think they HAVE to have a stick in a fast car. I'd love an m6 personally, but i also love my a4 for what I paid for it.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

My buy out price is 16k. I bought it 2 years ago for 14,200 and put over 10k into it. I gotta find the right person to buy my car for 16k. 01' with 56k miles on it. This car is not my investment. It's my FUN weekend car. Some people spend money to go on vacation... I spend mine on car parts. They enjoy their money for a week. I have my parts for life!

I understand why you brushed the 11k away. Only take what you want for it. Not a cent less.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

I understand why you did not sale. However my car set on the lot for 3 months until i bought it. The sales guys say he had tons of people look at it but everyone wanted auto go figure it being a m6 is why i got it. I guess it just is right person for right car brings the right amount of money. BTW i got mine for 8000 with 54k on it one owner new rearend befor i took it from the lot.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year a guy offered to flat out trade (no extra cash on my end) a 2008 Range Rover for my car because he REALLY wanted a Medium Blue Metallic Camaro. I debated, lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
My buy out price is 16k. I bought it 2 years ago for 14,200 and put over 10k into it. I gotta find the right person to buy my car for 16k. 01' with 56k miles on it. This car is not my investment. It's my FUN weekend car. Some people spend money to go on vacation... I spend mine on car parts. They enjoy their money for a week. I have my parts for life!

I understand why you brushed the 11k away. Only take what you want for it. Not a cent less.
So in other words you are never going to sell your car? Dropping 10 grand into a car makes it worth less in my opinion. I don't want a car someone else modded. I want to build it my way.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

i would have handed him the keys right then and there
Old 04-11-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
i would have handed him the keys right then and there
Yea, if I ever get any chance to get rid of my car and make a couple hundred dollars I take it in a heartbeat if I dont intend to keep the car forever and start looking for a new/better toy. As already mentioned cars depreciate and especially these cars have lost ALOT of value in the past year or two, the longer you keep it the less likely you are to get anywhere near what you have into it especially modded.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Talking

I couldnt have said it any better. That is exactly the way i feel
Old 04-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Smile

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Yea, if I ever get any chance to get rid of my car and make a couple hundred dollars I take it in a heartbeat if I dont intend to keep the car forever and start looking for a new/better toy. As already mentioned cars depreciate and especially these cars have lost ALOT of value in the past year or two, the longer you keep it the less likely you are to get anywhere near what you have into it especially modded.
$400 just is not worth it for me to let it go. hell i have not even had the car 6 months yet. I would love to have a C6 Z06 but for the price I can keep the SS and get something else. Also like i said if i get offered the amount that i want here in the near future before i put any real mods into it, I will sell it and get a Z06. Just does not matter to me either way
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Talking

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
Should have taken the offer. Even in a better economy you will not get that much for it. 60k is not exactly crazy low mileage and you don't have much done to it. But I mean if you don't want to sell it then don't take offers on it. What's the point?
In a better economy i know i could get more. You would have to see the car in person to really appreciate how clean it really is. Personally i would not want a crazy low mileage car because that means all it did was sit and that is the worst thing you can do to a car. I laugh at people that buy these cars and let them sit. Why spend the $ if your not gonna use it. Everybody knows that you wont get returns on mods that you do, so it really varies from the potential buyer. I myself prefer a very lightly modded to stock car. As for point of taking offers, When i get the right one i will gladly hand over the keys!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Endersshadow
So in other words you are never going to sell your car? Dropping 10 grand into a car makes it worth less in my opinion. I don't want a car someone else modded. I want to build it my way.
Yes I will sell the car one day when I want to get something else. This car is not my investment. It's my fun car. And fun costs money. I could have kept it stock but what fun is that? You said so yourself you want to buy a car and mod it yourself. You will soon be in the same boat I am in. You will lose money on cars. Period.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes I will sell the car one day when I want to get something else. This car is not my investment. It's my fun car. And fun costs money. I could have kept it stock but what fun is that? You said so yourself you want to buy a car and mod it yourself. You will soon be in the same boat I am in. You will lose money on cars. Period.
My car was bone stock when I bought it. I plan on keeping it for a very long time. In the near future I'd like to buy an LS1 WS6. Since my current car is a DD I will not go overboard on the mods. I'm going to get longtubes, ORY, and a tune. Oh and a nicer set of wheels. I still have all the original parts and can put them back on whenever I want. I don't think you'll ever get your asking price....but good luck to you anyway. Maybe you'll find that one guy who wants exactly what you have....Same goes to the OP.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11k is a great deal. its an 11 year old car with 60k on the clock. also it has been modded. you will never get your money back for the mods you put on the car.

this is the exact reason ill never sell my car. its paid for. why get rid of it?