General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help or advice with resolving a classifieds transaction....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help or advice with resolving a classifieds transaction....

Hello everyone,

I never will claim to be the know all of gm performance parts. About 6 months ago I purchased an exhaust system from a member on here. He seemed really straight forward and I thought I was getting a set of slp headers, off road y pipe, and magnaflow muffler. I paid quite a bit of money and it was my gf's Christmas present. To make a long story short the stuff wasn't able to be put on til now due to financial issues and I opened the box in front of a member on here who was goig to take it to his shop and put the stuff on. He wanted to take a look at it first to see what that would entail. We opeend it up and the deal is:

headers: not slp or right size stated in ad
y pipe: not made of same material or slp
muffler: not magnaflow (nor any brand name same as headers) and undersized

I know this was a while ago but it's not like a clutch or a set of tires and it's a wear and tear issue. This is a name brand and size issue. I am not attacking him and will not mention the name of the board member unless things go incredibly bad here. I doubt they will, I have faith. But I sent him a pm that read as below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey *****,

Times were tough so I finally took the exhaust system to a shop when we could afford it. We took the stuff out of the box and the headers are not slp or the right size, the y is not slp or the same material, and the muffler is not magnaflow either. I would like to resolve this calmly and rationally. I opened it up for the shop guys who were taking it to put on and we realized it from there. I always assumed from your ad that it was what you said it was and took your word. It's not a wear and tear issue it's a brand issue. $575 is a lot of money so I will just send you the parts back and get a refund from you via paypal. You seem like a real straight up guy so I am sure we agree here. I appreciate your time. We did this transaction over paypal so I would just assume that is how we can handle it now. My paypal address is ssj50driver@yahoo.com. Message me on here for communications. Have a good one.

Thanks,
Troy
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any other way I can approach this any better or am I pretty much in the right direction. I am keeping communications up through the pms and will do so throughout the week. I will also call him because I still have his number. Any thoughts? Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

IMO, 6 months is a long time. The transaction was closed for half a year before you ever inspected the parts. I'm assuming iTrader feedback was already left by both parties.

In any event, LS1Tech assumes no liability for transactions initiated through this site. Our classifieds are here on a "use at your own risk" basis. There is nothing that the staff here can help you with at this point.

My personal opinion is, you should always inspect parts as soon as they show up, even if you don't install them.