General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

connecting rod purchasing issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default connecting rod purchasing issues

Ok, Ive been thinking about buying rods from crossroadsspeed and slowboy. Ive been trying to call to order and just cant seem to contact anyone or "they aren't in". Prolly not a good sign if you're expecting parts via UPS or FEDEX.

Are these people safe to deal with and are their rods as good as they claim (1100 hp with ARP 2000) bolts.

I only ask because I can get a set of Compstars from Texas Speed for exactly $200 more shipped and everything. They have always been prompt with me and show a very good knowledge when it comes to the LS series engines. (Im a dummy when it comes to LS engines.... 944 turbo and old school sbc's are my thing.)

I will be using Mahle pistons (I know there is some debate) and about 15psi boost. I just looked at a post with a person running 10psi and ruined a ring. I gotta say "ultra bad tune" since Ive seen Mahles run around 20psi on daily driven cars. Maybe it is different with 4cyl engines but I do my best not to fall into the marketing hype if I only plan on running 14-16PSI.

Lets hear your stories about these cheap rods and how they handle power.

thanks, maceydog