General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Production numbers by interior color

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production numbers by interior color

Anyone know where these are? Pretty easy to find production numbers based on exterior color, but anyone know where interior color ones are? I've been thinking lately that there probably wasn't a whole lot of fourth gens in arctic white, with white leather, in SS trim, with a six-speed.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

I've been wondering the same myself. I remember coming across some pages where someone contacted SLP to get production numbers and they were told that interiors were not tracked. I know I have a rare interior - Camel, and with it being a 01 SOM WS6 M6 with all options, i KNOW its rare. I found a VIN decoder online awhile back, it said it was the only one with all of its options built. Not sure of it's accuracy, however.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Both of you guys have very rare color combos. Unless you live in a major population area you probably could go months without ever seeing a similar car. I have gone years without seeing my color combo but I also live in the 'sticks' and rarely see any T/A verts of any type other than a friend's '99 black on black.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLS1SS
Anyone know where these are? Pretty easy to find production numbers based on exterior color, but anyone know where interior color ones are? I've been thinking lately that there probably wasn't a whole lot of fourth gens in arctic white, with white leather, in SS trim, with a six-speed.
This link has some of what you're looking for:

http://www.camaroz28.com/articles/

Click on the production article for your model year. It won't tell you how many were made with the same interior/exterior combo as yours, but it will tell you how many total were made with your interior. It's mostly just Camaro info, I think there's only one Trans Am link there.

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I know I have a rare interior - Camel, and with it being a 01 SOM WS6 M6 with all options, i KNOW its rare.
I guess it all depends on your definition of rare. Compared to most family sedans, these cars are all pretty rare. But if you want to get down to rare options within the model and trim level, then yours wouldn't be super rare. By '01, WS6s were very common (actually, by '02 they were building more WS6s than base T/As, not sure about '01 though). What would have been much more rare would be your same interior/exterior combo in a Formula trim level with very few options. Unlike 40 years ago, a rare car these days is usually one with fewer options. The factory likes to push fully loaded cars, and the public generally likes to buy these. Normally more stripped down cars are hard to find in stock and often have to be ordered.

Take the 5th gen Camaro for example. Everyone gets it with the RS package and in 2SS trim level. And most dealers have their inventory stocked this way. If you want rare, get a non-RS with 1SS trim level and a not-so-popular color.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check here

https://ls1tech.com/forums/12764909-post2.html

and here for the Firebirds

https://ls1tech.com/forums/12704374-post353.html
Old 06-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
According to this site, my car is 1 of 128 White M6 SS's.

It is also 1 of 51 white leather interior M6 SS's of any exterior color.

It says there were 1563 M6 SS's built in 98. 51 of these 1563 account for 3.3%.

Assuming that white leather interior was spread out evenly for every exterior color(which it more than likely wasn't), that would mean 3.3% of the 128 is 4.2 cars. Meaning there was 4-5 white/white ss m6 cars built in 98.

Quick Reply: Production numbers by interior color