General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

gauge cluster numbers disappeared!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gauge cluster numbers disappeared!

So my POS car seems to be breaking down because lack of use lately! After not using it for about 6 weeks or so this weekend I took off the car cover, turned it on, and discovered the AC compressor wasn't working anymore the clutch refused to move so it was burning up the ac belt. I then discovered that the numbers that show the mileage of the car are GONE! That's right the total mileage and the trip mileage numbers have disappeared! Anybody else have this happen to your fbody before that can point me in the right direction? The lights and everythin else seem to be working fine on the gauge cluster. I didn't even drive the f*ckin car just turned it off and threw the car cover back on pissed off! I checked out the fuses and they were all fine.

The only recent change that had been made to the car before storing it was the HSW Interface install at a local performance shop. After the install was complete, a friend picked it up and dropped it off at my house (cuz I was outta town) so I don't know if the numbers were showing then.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 AM
Launching!

does ur car have low original mileage? if so i'm bettin someone stole that bitch and replaced it with a fuckedup one
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

One day I was cleaning the inside of my Firebird out and all the lights and number and everything were gone on the dash. After being off for 30 minutes and me being pissed it suddenly started working again. It has to be an electrical connection or something.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

First thing my dad told me is they switched it out for their bad one but I'd like to trust this new tuner so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt! Hopefully when I get back home and turn it on the numbers turn back on!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Addict

Wow, that all kinds of sucks. . . . If it was me I would go through the whole car to see if anything else is fucked.