General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I do now?

I had a cam installed and dyno tuned by a reputable speed shop in my area. The car drives great and I LOVE the power it makes. But there has been an issue plagueing me ever since I got the install done. When I have the a/c on and I go to slow down and push in the clutch the rpms will go crazy and it will die. I crank the car back up turn the a/c off and the rpms will not move at all. I also threw a SES for a 02 sensor. I replaced my 02's and the code has went away. I talked to my tuner and he suggested I fix my 02's which I did already and also adjust my throttle blade screw to bring in a little more air. I adjusted the throttle screw and it has had no effect to the dying issue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to do to fix the issue. Is a little gremlin that just needs to be worked with or is it in parameters of the tune. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(When I have the a/c on and I go to slow down and push in the clutch the rpms will go crazy and it will die) what do you mean about the rpms will go crazy do they up or down? does it do it with only the a/c on if you never turn on your ac will the car run normal all day?
Old 08-08-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09camaro383
(When I have the a/c on and I go to slow down and push in the clutch the rpms will go crazy and it will die) what do you mean about the rpms will go crazy do they up or down? does it do it with only the a/c on if you never turn on your ac will the car run normal all day?

Yeah the rpms go up and down I'd say from 400-1500 rpms and then it just stalls out. And yes if I never turn the a/c on it drives just normal all day long. Also I had a 02 codes so I replaced both of them yesterday. I drove my car off and on all day and I threw SES lights for 02 sensors two times. Bank 1 sensor 1 No activity and Bank 2 Sensor 1 malfunction. And I used my programmer to pull some real time data and I noticed that the 02 sensor reading were very different at idle. Bank 1 Sen. 1 445mV Bank 1 Sen. 1 35mV Bank 2 Sen. 1 450mV and then Bank 2 Sen. 2 445mV. I'm not sure what those numbers mean but I don't even have the rear 02's so why am I getting any readings off them at all. I'm at a loss I don't now what to do plz someone help me fix my issues.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Ok are the mv jumping around on bank 1 senser1 and b2 s2? After the car warms up the reading should jump back and forth as high as 900mv and as low as 5mv. It should do this when it goes into closed loop. Also what brand O2 are you using?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ds98formula
Ok are the mv jumping around on bank 1 senser1 and b2 s2? After the car warms up the reading should jump back and forth as high as 900mv and as low as 5mv. It should do this when it goes into closed loop. Also what brand O2 are you using?

The mV is jumping around on bank 1 sen. 2 only I have watched it and as I am driving I have seen the #'s on that sensor only go as low as 5mv all the way up to 900ish mV. I only have 2 sensors plugged into the exhaust I don't have cats so the rear 02's aren't even there. I am using Bosch 02's the ones you can get at a local parts store. Is it possible that both of them are bad from the manufacturer.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

The 5 to 900 it is supposed to do if the other one is not doing it you need to replace it I reco
Mend going delco because I had problem with bosh and it was fixed when speed Inc put delco in they are also cheaper if you find them online or some parts stores I never threw a code for the o2 but you could see the difference in swigging of the o2
Old 08-08-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

As for the stalling out and weird jumping of the Rpms I think that is IAC or the tune not the o2s