General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

HID Conversion kit on eBay...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 209 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by 30th6
it comes with bulbs that are direct stock fit.put the bulbs in plug up the harness's and mount the ballast with the supplied two sided tape.shouldn't take more than 30 min for complete install.i pulled my headlights out and mounted the ballast on the plastic shroud before the radiator.you cant see any wires or ballast on my car.
I realized that's something you can do with the Camaros but not Firebirds because ours are sealed beam headlights. But doing a little searching revealed a solution using truck healdlamp housings.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

link for them..??
Old 09-20-2010, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^lmc truck housings,and for bulb hids ddmtuning
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

DDM tuning 55w kit here FTW. Not as cheap as the ebay kit, but $75 shipped to my door still isn't bad for a 55w kit with lifetime warranty. I got 8000K bulbs since DDM says the color washes out a bit with the higher powered kits, so it's actually closer to 7000K, maybe less. I would've preferred 6000K but visibility is still great, and I haven't yet blinded any oncoming traffic.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Most of these kits are basically just replacement bulbs and will make everyone else on the road hate you. Plus everyone can tell by your glare and sloppy unfocused beam that your hids aren't really "legit". This is one of those things that needs to be done right, with projectors.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd71
Plus everyone can tell by your glare and sloppy unfocused beam that your hids aren't really "legit". This is one of those things that needs to be done right, with projectors.

You can aim the stock housing very low so you don't blind on coming traffic but the perfect look is achieved with a projector housing. Most people use ebay projectors.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Staging Lane

I've been using the cheap Ebay HIDs on my truck for the last year. The only advice I have is get a good seller, that way when the bulbs or a ballast burns out you can get a replacement one under warranty. I don't know if its because I live in Alaska and it gets cold in the winter, or what but I've gone through 2 ballasts and 4 bulbs in the last year... It might be worth it to go for a higher end setup, but you can't beat $36!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Launching!

First off, sorry for all the questions I'm about to ask, I just don't want to place an order and realize later I fucked up somewhere when ordering a set for the headlights and the foglights.

Going by what Chuckd71 and bad 408 vert are saying, these are best suited with a projector style housing right?

My Z28 came with these halo headlights on them. They're projector style and black inside. I always liked how the headlights beam at night is cutoff perfectly on the road up ahead and it shines perfectly down. Like if you point the car at a wall, the beam of light has a straight cut from each headlight that stops really low so no one is being shined on.

It just actually clicked in my head that it's because of the projector housing the previous owner put on the car.

So if I bought these plug and play HID conversion kits, it would be good to go? I don't want to half *** it and be blinding people, and I want to make sure of what the outcome should be before I go and click to place my order.

Oh, and which sets of lights would I choose off of the DDM tuning site? At the moment I'm on these http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W which I'm assuming is the correct ones. For my headlights I would choose the 55W with 8000k I want a slightly bluer hue and it says they're slightly washed out with the higher power set.

And for the foglights would I go with the 35W since like their page says the heat from the 55W isn't reccomended in the small surrounding area of the foglights?

Lastly, just to make sure, for the headlights, the bulb type is 9006 right? But what are the fogs? And I don't need the dual in/dual out harness added on right?

I'm ready to place the order, I just want to be completely sure I've got everything right beforehand.

Any help would be appreciated, as you can see I really know nothing about the topic of headlights and such.

Here's a pic of my car so you can see which headlights they are. I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a fake projector housing, or what so I'm posting it up just to play it safe.

Last edited by SSkull; 10-27-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

I got the cheapest of the cheap(about 35 Bucks) put them straight into a stock housing and they been working for the past year just fine.

I did run them on a independent power supply through a relay.