General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What Insurance Co. for Non-Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Insurance Co. for Non-Daily Driver

Do you guys that have your highly modified car as an extra vehcile insure it through the same company that you have your other vehicles insured with, or do you have one of the specialty companies like Hagerty or Heacock? I've heard that coverage is much cheaper and still allows you to drive it on a fairly regular basis as long as all licensed drivers in the household have a primary vehicle, your record is pretty clean, the vehicle is garaged and is highly modified or collectable. Looking for options for recent purchase
Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to try and get insurance through Grundy at the end of the year. To me it's a no-brainer if your car is a weekend driver/race car.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

I have Grundy Worldwide for my garage queen/toys. I use State Farm for my daily drivers.

If the car is a weekend pleasure driver, and is garage kept when not in use, I'd highly recommend a special collector car policy.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

I have just signed up with Grundy and am saving about $1000/year vs. my Geico policy I had, that and peace of mind in case something happens, I will get full value on the car. I have read alot of bad threads on here where people are getting the shaft from other major insurance cos. after they have been in an accident.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Grifter
I'm going to try and get insurance through Grundy at the end of the year. To me it's a no-brainer if your car is a weekend driver/race car.
If its a race car, I don't think Grundy will ensure. Thats what my understanding was when I signed the policy.