General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

True SS with no SS interior badging?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I was asking an honest question. I posted helpful info in the thread. Now my post, which apparently was in this thread, is gone. Funny, who would go around deleting posts? Or perhaps it was the glitch in the website that happened this morning. I dunno, I thought the previous thread was deleted or this was a duplicate. Jeez...
I coulda sworn I posted in this thread too. All I did was answer the questions the OP asked so I don't see a reason why it woulda been deleted..
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

I didn't delete or remove any threads like this from this section today, and it doesn't appear to me that anyone else did either.

There must've been another glitch. I know I personally lost a whole thread due to a glitch not long ago. I'm not sure what the deal is yet myself....
Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The RPO and VIN is all you need.

/thread

I didn't delete or remove any threads like this from this section today, and it doesn't appear to me that anyone else did either.

There must've been another glitch. I know I personally lost a whole thread due to a glitch not long ago. I'm not sure what the deal is yet myself....
Site was down this morning. I tried to log on from both my phone and the laptop, both got "Database error." Did some digging and apparently any posts and/or threads started within an hour or so of the crash could have been lost.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

RPM WS6: if you didn't catch it in my posts early in the thread I do believe I explained the RPO code situation and knew all along about the WU8 code. That's in many stickies. If you or someone else wouldve simply answered as you did in your last response on the first page 1) leather was an option and 2) badges were different in different cars

The whole thread wouldve never turned out this way.

I am a member of many forums where there are issues, but none have the pompous arrogance and attitude that this one has many times... Hell, your first response was a great explanation on the WU8 part, but it was clear that it was establishe before then so apparently many people comment before reading...

I do thank you for the responses and time tho
Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by GIVE EM' THE BIRD
RPM WS6: if you didn't catch it in my posts early in the thread I do believe I explained the RPO code situation and knew all along about the WU8 code. That's in many stickies. If you or someone else wouldve simply answered as you did in your last response on the first page 1) leather was an option and 2) badges were different in different cars

The whole thread wouldve never turned out this way.

I am a member of many forums where there are issues, but none have the pompous arrogance and attitude that this one has many times... Hell, your first response was a great explanation on the WU8 part, but it was clear that it was establishe before then so apparently many people comment before reading...

I do thank you for the responses and time tho
I think I now see where some of the confusion and frustration evolved from in this thread.

I was under the impression that you were stating that the stickies and searches were not clear on how to determine what is or is not a real SS (others my have thought this way too). That was the origin of my previous comment; because I'm 100% certain that this info exists both via a search and in the sticky. BUT, I think I now understand that your question about cloth vs leather and other interior options is really the question you were trying to get answered, and that THIS was the info that you were not able to find with a search or in a sticky.

Further compounding the issue is the apparent fact that your original thread was lost in a site glitch (I never even saw that thread).

Overall, I think there's been some misunderstanding here, at least on my part. Sorry if I misunderstood your comments.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

my SS mats and dash plaque were added options.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I see. I apologize if I was unclear with my response as well. Sometimes you know what your meaning but no one else can understand haha so I can see this happening in my OP.

Thanks for the explanation and response.

I now understand everything I was questionin so either way, it's settled
I think I now see where some of the confusion and frustration evolved from in this thread.

I was under the impression that you were stating that the stickies and searches were not clear on how to determine what is or is not a real SS (others my have thought this way too). That was the origin of my previous comment; because I'm 100% certain that this info exists both via a search and in the sticky. BUT, I think I now understand that your question about cloth vs leather and other interior options is really the question you were trying to get answered, and that THIS was the info that you were not able to find with a search or in a sticky.

Further compounding the issue is the apparent fact that your original thread was lost in a site glitch (I never even saw that thread).

Overall, I think there's been some misunderstanding here, at least on my part. Sorry if I misunderstood your comments.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

I was gonna say I was the second person to reply to this. lol damn glitches.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by oChristiano
I coulda sworn I posted in this thread too. All I did was answer the questions the OP asked so I don't see a reason why it woulda been deleted..
Yes, I quoted your response. Then mine and yours disappeared. I came back into the thread later and was like WTF? I know this dude just made this thread, then he musta deleted it and restarted it. I wanted to reach through the computer and slap someone
Old 11-29-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yes, I quoted your response. Then mine and yours disappeared. I came back into the thread later and was like WTF? I know this dude just made this thread, then he musta deleted it and restarted it. I wanted to reach through the computer and slap someone
Haha that's funny. I had not the slightest clue as to what thread you were talking about in your first post hahaha. Obviously a glitch or something bc I didn't delete or remove anything. Now I understand the frustration in the beginning oh well, were all on the same page now.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

My car is a 1sc stripper car and WU8. Not to many like mine. No options with the SS package. I know the orignal owner and he order it that way. Damn I love my crank windows.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
My car is a 1sc stripper car and WU8. Not to many like mine. No options with the SS package. I know the orignal owner and he order it that way. Damn I love my crank windows.
That is cool, and i dont blame you a bit for loving the crank windows Thank you for responding. Posts like these are what I was looking for so thanks everyone for helping build some confidence in me haha
Old 11-30-2010, 02:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GIVE EM' THE BIRD
That is cool, and i dont blame you a bit for loving the crank windows Thank you for responding. Posts like these are what I was looking for so thanks everyone for helping build some confidence in me haha
Now go tear it up
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I love my crank windows.
I wouldn't have minded some crank windows the first time I ever went to the track...the driver's side window got stuck halfway down on me, and I was 4th in line for the first pass and had to jump out! I only got to make like 2 passes that night because of the damn power windows (propped that SOB up).
Old 11-30-2010, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WSsick
I wouldn't have minded some crank windows the first time I ever went to the track...the driver's side window got stuck halfway down on me, and I was 4th in line for the first pass and had to jump out! I only got to make like 2 passes that night because of the damn power windows (propped that SOB up).
I've had the exact same thing happen on my old LT1 formula car. I was at the track and it seemed to happen every time it was like 90 degrees out and I got mine stuck up and my AC was not charged at the time. I ended up "fixing" that bastard twice in the 3 years I owned it and it was still crappy when when I sold it lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

I dont have any said issues lol.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont have any said issues lol.
Yeah its funny how that stuff works... I had the LT1 car for 3 years and put right at 30k miles on in and actually had the engine apart twice and never once had an optispark distributor issue. I DD'd the car in snow and rain etc and never once had to mess with it... Other LT1 guys seem to be swapping them out regularly lol