General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Reputable Auto Shippers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable Auto Shippers?

I'm looking for feed back on have a Camaro shipped from south Florida up hear to Pittsburgh. Anyone have a recommendation to a reliable and safe auto transport company?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dane.
I'm looking for feed back on have a Camaro shipped from south Florida up hear to Pittsburgh. Anyone have a recommendation to a reliable and safe auto transport company?
When I bought my previous Camaro a few years back out of state, the costs were at least a grand from Connecticut to Michigan. A few of the transport companies were upfront that it was going to be expensive and it would be cheaper if I just drove it back myself. Unless the car isn't running, it will probably just be cheaper to fly down and drive it back. You'll also get an opportunity to do a good, personal inspection of the car before you take possession - even if you had someone do an inspection for you - something I neglected to do and ended up regretting it since the inspection service missed some easily discovered but major issues.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Good advice above. Horseless Carriage, Plycon are two excellent 'enclosed' carriers. Probably over $1,000 fom my personal experiences with the both of them. Exterior or outside carriers are cheaper but your car is prone to weather, sometimes extreme, and even vandalism if the carrier has a layover somewhere. You get what what you pay for. Be leery of companies that sub-let or contract out to others. Some of these secondary carriers will haul your car via pickup truck and trailer, and lord knows if they even speak english or even have valid DLs. Also try a search as many threads have been written about this topic with some good advice and carriers.