General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Give in to the Vette bug?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010 | 09:14 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
ill step in and say yeah the snow is bad we got 29" im 25 min NW of manhattan. if we get a few more hits its gonna be crazy, but its been warm today so moving the snow is still easy. if it gets real cold again it will turn into a rock and we'll have problems.
Man that sucks. I was glad that NY got buried because my 'ex moved to Brooklyn and I want her to either freeze and/or get stabbed to death, but I hope the rest of you guys make it out alright-I've been watching too many ice-car-crashes on Youtube...
Old 12-29-2010 | 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by myk
Mmmm...you just got some of us thinking, lol.

By the way '408 how're you handling the snow out there? They say it's one of the worst storms since all of creation. I was actually born and raised in Queens and I've been meaning to get back to the 'ol neighborhood. Stay safe...
Yeah man its horrendous out here. They finally got Manhattan clean yesterday just because thats the money making area, but all the boroughs are still covered in over 2ft of snow now turning into solid ice. I guess they don't realize that no one will make it into Manhattan if they can't leave their homes.
The Camaro is cleaned up ,in the driveway and staying there until the snow just melts.

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
ill step in and say yeah the snow is bad we got 29" im 25 min NW of manhattan. if we get a few more hits its gonna be crazy, but its been warm today so moving the snow is still easy. if it gets real cold again it will turn into a rock and we'll have problems.
+ 1 I'm so sick of the north or any with snow.
Old 12-29-2010 | 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by myk
Man that sucks. I was glad that NY got buried because my 'ex moved to Brooklyn and I want her to either freeze and/or get stabbed to death, but I hope the rest of you guys make it out alright-I've been watching too many ice-car-crashes on Youtube...

there are plenty of ice-icles on rooftops that are falling and tons of black ice.
Old 12-29-2010 | 10:03 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
there are plenty of ice-icles on rooftops that are falling and tons of black ice.
Yes!

No wait, that isn't very adult of me. I'd rather she walked into the wrong part of town and some of the local thugs give her a proper welcome.

Anyway did you actually sell your Camaro for 17K OP?
Old 12-30-2010 | 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it's not your daily-driver, I'd sell for a C5 in a nanosecond. Can't go wrong with a C5Z...
Old 12-30-2010 | 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

If he's a good family friend you MIGHT wanna let him know that is way overpriced, but then again if he feels that is what he wants to $ then i guess ya dont have to
Old 12-31-2010 | 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

^ I don't see the need for that, if the said family friend can throw a number like high teens for an fbody means he has the money or he really wants a car that he feels has been taken care of.

I doubt that hes that naive or gullible that he can't get online to check kbb, auto trader, or even local news paper adds for going prices of these cars if he's not internet savy.
Old 12-31-2010 | 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ParkerSS
See that's another thing I've always been a muscle car guy and a newer Corvette IMO just isn't a "muscle" car. So the main thing I'm asking is if you were in my shoes and you sold would you get the Vette or another F Body?
hey parker, you apperenty love your muscle car you built, your only 20, you got plenty of time to get a vette, hell by the time your 25 zr1 will be affordable, most guys that trade ther camaro ss for a c5, they are getting a little older, and want to chill a little, i did say a little, like me i have a 2002 SS with 500 hp and with a **** load of mods, mint condition and garqge queen with 14k orig miles, and im ready for the vette bug c6 with automatic but im 54, just do what your heart tells you
Old 12-31-2010 | 03:11 PM
Launching!

please tell me this car has like 20k miles or something...
Old 12-31-2010 | 03:51 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ParkerSS
See that's another thing I've always been a muscle car guy and a newer Corvette IMO just isn't a "muscle" car. So the main thing I'm asking is if you were in my shoes and you sold would you get the Vette or another F Body?
That's right, Vette's are sports cars, not muscle cars-it's a different breed of animal. As I'm getting older I'm starting to appreciate the extra refinement that goes into a Vette. To answer your question I certainly wouldn't sell my beloved F body just so I could buy another one and start all over again.

Wait a minute, where's the OP? lol
Old 12-31-2010 | 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 on vette being a sports car, it may sound like a muscle car with the right setup, but it won't make it 1.... I actually like it better that way lol
Old 01-05-2011 | 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do it. With that offer, do it now!

I'm 22, had the z06 around (c5) since I was 19 I think.... Compared to my old '99 z28 it is a whole other world. It just feels different, and it's a fun car. Handles amazingly. You won't be let down. It's fun to drive; it can be civil or extremely lively. Easy to drive, forgiving. Has real-deal traction control for when you get over confident (this car will do it to you). I don't have anything bad to say about it. It is definitely an upgrade!
Old 01-10-2011 | 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off -- sharp looking F-body.

I've had both as well and although they have similar power plants, they are completely different cars. In short, the f-bodies are straight line machines -- cheap quarter mile performance (and I LOVE it!). A Corvette is a much more refined luxury sports car. The interiors are much better made, less rattling, better handling and better ride quality. Don't get me wrong, they're plenty fast as a racecar however in stock trim they have that "sneaky fast" feel to them.

If you can get $17.5K for your Camaro that would translate into a nice Corvette. Would be tough to get a better opportunity financially.
Old 01-10-2011 | 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

did OP ever sell this car and get a vette?
Old 01-10-2011 | 10:59 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

I think he bought a Lancer...
Old 01-12-2011 | 01:04 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm in the same boat as OP (but I'm 29) and have been drooling over Vettes lately. I've got over $20k into my Z28 and I've had it for over 8 years now. The only thing I'd get rid of it for would be a C5 or C6. Been wanting a used IOM ZO6. I could use the Z28 money for a downpayment and a big first payment to kill the overhead.

We all gotta graduate some time. And I just want something that rides better and something with the newer technology.
Old 01-12-2011 | 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

OP probably did buy a lancer!

lol
i got my vette cuss ****, it's a vette! a Z to boot. i still have the camaro and as crazy fun as that one is with the turbo, the vette just knows what to do with the power. the camaro just spins them, even at 100mph
Old 01-12-2011 | 03:20 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
We all gotta graduate some time. And I just want something that rides better and something with the newer technology.
There was a time when I would've said that you were crazy but...lately I've been thinking the same thing. Tires, though...Them tires gotta be expensive. Yeah that's my excuse, I'll stay away because of those tires the Vette has...
Old 01-13-2011 | 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it were me I wouldn't sell. Just because of the work that I put into my car to make it MINE. It would break my heart to see someone else driving around in MY car... but that's just me. I'd love to own a vette, a C6 Z06 eventually, but I couldn't sell my SS. OP let us know what you did.

Matt
Old 01-13-2011 | 07:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by myk
There was a time when I would've said that you were crazy but...lately I've been thinking the same thing. Tires, though...Them tires gotta be expensive. Yeah that's my excuse, I'll stay away because of those tires the Vette has...
The tires on my Z28 are pricey as well.. I've been hunting around for part prices on the Vette and it's almost 2x as expensive. 0_o And I thought the Camaro was high.

Quick Reply: Give in to the Vette bug?