General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What would you guys do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Before you guys start argueing: 2005/6 GTO's go for $15-$20k (price is actually going up over the last 2 years).
Sadly, I've noticed that too as I've also been looking at GTO's. Why do you think GTO prices have gone up while F car prices have sunk? Mustangs seem to be stable to me, or gone up in cases of Cobras and Mach 1's-at least here in 'Cali...
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myk
Sadly, I've noticed that too as I've also been looking at GTO's. Why do you think GTO prices have gone up while F car prices have sunk? Mustangs seem to be stable to me, or gone up in cases of Cobras and Mach 1's-at least here in 'Cali...
Not to get into a pissing/flame match, but maybe when the new Camaro came out and it wasn't quite what they thought it would be (I'm one of those people) folks may have started buying GTOs = more demand = price increase. Dollar for dollar, unless you're just a diehard Camaro fanatic (like me), I'd take a GTO over a 2010 Camaro.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

im selling my GTO so i can get a 5th gen.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in your shoes a couple of times and i totally understand the "thinking of selling" feeling. Truth is, as badass as your car is, you may not get what you desire for your car.
Many people will just take your car as a 95Z with high mileage... Also, speaking from experience, you will definitely regret of letting go of your car.
Even though i have a z06 now, If i could do it all over again, i wouldnt get rid of my factory freak 2k2 t/a which dynoed 370 rwhp 385 tq with full bolt ons + tune... should have slept on that thought... but thats just my opinion

Whatever you decide to do, i wish you best of luck.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I wasnt talking exact dollars and cents...what I meant was if I was going to spend around what figures you guys are talking about Id grab a C5 or a Termi over a GTO in a heartbeat...All the cars in dicussion are generally the same cost. Im picking up the parts for the front end swap today, and hopefully Ill beable to swing something power wise before the weather gets good.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
i was in your shoes a couple of times and i totally understand the "thinking of selling" feeling. Truth is, as badass as your car is, you may not get what you desire for your car.
Many people will just take your car as a 95Z with high mileage... Also, speaking from experience, you will definitely regret of letting go of your car.
Even though i have a z06 now, If i could do it all over again, i wouldnt get rid of my factory freak 2k2 t/a which dynoed 370 rwhp 385 tq with full bolt ons + tune... should have slept on that thought... but thats just my opinion

Whatever you decide to do, i wish you best of luck.
Thanks man, Im going to hold onto her and make the best of it...I think the new front will give the breath of fresh air the car needs for me.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Performance can always be upgraded. IMO you look at the car more than the times you go WOT.

Before you do the ls1 front swap, look into 6LE's products for 98-02 fbodies.

There's things like Targa Top(replaces ttops with a single top, its up to you if you want to get rid of the center bar or not).

Wide Body conversion for rear fenders, Its still under construction (think Dick harrel camaro)
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper with CME (think the 35th anni SS exhaust). Or Just buy the CME Lip that molds to your existing bumper.
All of these can be bought as separately so its easy on the dough too.

There's interior mods: a double din radio brings our cars into the current decade.
Racing Seats or just different leather for seats.

If you are feeling brave after that (and don't blame me for making you spend your year's salary on these ideas ) new wheels and custom paint.

Last edited by bad_408_vert; 01-13-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Performance can always be upgraded. IMO you look at the car more than the times you go WOT.

Before you do the ls1 front swap, look into 6LE's products for 98-02 fbodies.

There's things like Targa Top(replaces ttops with a single top, its up to you if you want to get rid of the center bar or not).

Wide Body conversion, Its still under construction (think Dick harrel camaro)
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper with CME (think the 35th anni SS exhaust). All of these can be bought as separately so its easy on the dough too.

There's interior mods: a double din radio brings our cars into the current decade. Racing Seats or just different leather for seats.

If you are feeling brave after that (and don't blame me for making you spend your year's salary on these ideas ) new wheels and custom paint.
Thanks for the links man but that stuff is a little pricey for what im looking to spend right now, plus its a hardtop ...ive already found 90% of the parts I need for the front end conv. dirt cheap from some local members. As for the interior ive upgraded the stereo, and got nice seat covers...Only thing that ill need to do is fix the sagging headliner and the crack in the dash and the interior will be straight.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gotcha.

I'm kind of in same state of mind, I want the comfort of a gto or new camaro but really don't want that car payment for a year or two.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Gotcha.

I'm kind of in same state of mind, I want the comfort of a gto or new camaro but really don't want that car payment for a year or two.
No doubt...