General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

'10 Camaro running rough after storage, SES light

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '10 Camaro running rough after storage, SES light

Hey yo,

I have been storing my car since October due to the awful winter that we regularly experience. Throughout December, January, and February, I would start the car up for about 10 minutes every few weeks when the temperature happened to get above freezing. I have less than a half tank of gas in the car.

A few weeks ago, I decided to actually take the car out and drive it around to get it cleaned and put a quarter tank of fresh gas in. My warning lights lit up like a christmas tree. My stabilitrack lights kept going on and off, saying that the stabilitrack needs to be serviced - ok, understandable.

However, my check engine light was on, and the car has been running quite rough. Could be getting a bad air readout? I don't think it was misfiring, but it was hard to tell. Only mods are the CAI and the cat-back.

Obviously still under warranty and will take it in during the next weather break. However, I am wondering if I should put the stock air filter setup back in, just in case the IAT sensor went bad or something and the dealer wants to blame the CAI.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 mins and then restart, if all the lights are on, something is probably off.....
Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure you didn't have some rodents get in there and eat some stuff up. I have seen it before, rats eating hoses and wiring.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you take it to the dealer, put your factory **** back on. Believe it or not, an aftermarket part is supposed to be installed by the dealership or a recognized shop for it to not void the warranty. I dont know 100% if your CAI falls under that category but I wouldnt take the chance... you need to pull it anyway, look for hitch hikers.