General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

99 ls1 6 speed cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Default 99 ls1 6 speed cruise control not working

It worked last year before storage. Did a Procharger install and doesn't work now.

99 ls1
6 speed
3 channel car

I checked under the kick panel and things looked fine. Moved the cruise and it only has one cable going to it and one 1.5 inch wide connector going into it ?

Are their any fuses anywhere to check. I checked the panels and didnt see a cruise fuse. Any help would be great.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Did you check under the kick panel for the clutch and brake white interlock switches on the pedal arms? If they are out of adjustment the system will think you're depressing the pedal, which won't let the cruise engage (or disengages it if engaged).

Your cruise cable fairly snug (not too much play) on the TB arm? You can remove the panels under the RF bumper and get access to the cruise box. Check the electrical connections. There's a large U-shaped retainer which holds the cruise cable to the box. Pull that off, then you need to depress both sides of the cable retainer and pull it out. The lead on the end of the cable connects to a ~1/4" wide band which goes into the box. Perhaps something is loose in one of those areas.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I actually got it working I think the connector was a ch loose. Unplugged and plugged in and fiddled with all sorts of stuff and it works

Quick Reply: 99 ls1 6 speed cruise control not working