General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Mice Damage!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mice Damage!

So I got my 2000 SS out the other day and mice have built nests inside the duct work and such. I took off the blower motor and sucked out everything that I can get to from that point, and took off the air intake around the windshield and sucked out a bunch more from there. I have a little air now that will come out the defrost, but the vents and floor still has nothing, and the defrost isn't what it should be. Any tips or tricks to finding where the rest of the nests are and ways to get them out? I want to try and keep things intact as much as I can.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks man, check your radiator? I just found mine packed w/ nests!
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Mice get into everything. My old Formula had a nest in the blower motor too with dead mice in it (probably from the heat) when the GM dealer removed it. If you have blockages still then you still have debris of some sort. It really is disgusting and you will eventually need to Lysol (or take your pick of cleaner/deoderants) and get that musty nest smell out. It takes time. I've blown nests out of exhaust systems and even my minivan had 'passengers' in the glove box. I finally replaced my garage door after the last minivan episode quite a few years back, especially with my new T/A and other rides not wanting mice problems. Just the smallest of holes lets those little buggers in. Sorry to hear but you have a lot of work ahead of you still.

** Important side note: I found out much later that my insurance would have covered the damage and labor under the comprehensive coverage. Check into it and maybe they will pay for some professional dealer (or whoever) help.

Last edited by NC01TA; 05-01-2011 at 09:20 AM.