General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My newest LSX powered vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 LS1
It's because the Camaro/TA is a "kid's" car and they get wrecked more. Corvette is an old man's car. This is what my ins told me!
I'm only 20 though.... With 2 speeding tickets and 1 accident. lol

Somehow, with full coverage.. I'm only paying ~$200/month.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 LS1
They do hold their value. Take a look for yourself. You can either get a C6 or a C5 Z06. The choice is yours. My dad is looking for a loaded 2006-07 C6 and for the money he can get another c5 Z06, but I bought his, which is why he's not doing that; he wants a change of pace (although he's consider z16...but let's not get into that).

The C6 WILL come down though, they are just up right now because of the season and they are so new.

Although, that being said, C5's are still up there as well. Some of them, especially 03/04 are money. Some are up there with the price of a Z almost (and I must say some sellers out there are on crack, same with the C6s).

You would think FRC's and 01z's are cheaper than 02+ Z06's. Not so.

Although performance may be similar, driving the two is completely different. A lot of C6 people have sold their cars to get into (or back into) C5 Z06's.

Congrats to the OP.
I know this.

I just wasn't exactly sure how much of a difference there was in pricing between the C6's and C5 Z06's. I remember a while back I was just browsing autotrader looking at C5 Z06's and I was pretty surprised at how much a non-molested, decent condition C5 Z06 was worth. Just made me sort of question whether or not the early C6's were in their price range or not.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn, i thought you said you moved. whyd you come back here? or back this way? lol.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
damn, i thought you said you moved. whyd you come back here? or back this way? lol.
I loved the weather, but I just didnt like California. The beaches in San Diego were awesome, but you paid for it... And it was just way too expensive to live there. Housing prices were insane ($400K entry level...) and I wanted no part of that. I'd rather be here in NY where I can get a house for under $100K with some land and spend the other $300K on cars. lol

I never thought I'd say this.. But I just like being here in NY more than Southern California.

Awesome place to vacation to though.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car and I miss my C5 to death. Only thing is I think that price is somewhat high even though the car is stock and unmolested. Higher mileage 05 C6s are in the low 20k range. That's part of the reason I sold my C5 but then work took a hit. Anyway congrats and you are a hell of a man to wait 2 weeks for tires! My impatient *** would of drove it home right away lol
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Nice car and I miss my C5 to death. Only thing is I think that price is somewhat high even though the car is stock and unmolested. Higher mileage 05 C6s are in the low 20k range. That's part of the reason I sold my C5 but then work took a hit. Anyway congrats and you are a hell of a man to wait 2 weeks for tires! My impatient *** would of drove it home right away lol
I honestly prefer the looks of the C5 Z's over the base model C6's. I looked at both and test drove both... And I just liked the C5 Z more.

Being 20 also, they prob. would have bent me over on insurance on a C6.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
I'm only 20 though.... With 2 speeding tickets and 1 accident. lol

Somehow, with full coverage.. I'm only paying ~$200/month.
thats pretty good! Myself being 22, i only pay a little over 100 a month full coverage with vavanessa insurance that is in san diego area
But for my current 98 trans am im shelling out 140 a month for just the liability with AAA insurance
Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
thats pretty good! Myself being 22, i only pay a little over 100 a month full coverage with vavanessa insurance that is in san diego area
But for my current 98 trans am im shelling out 140 a month for just the liability with AAA insurance
Wawanessa is hands down the BEST insurance company ever. I helped manage a collision center in San Diego and they were very easy to deal with and went the extra mile for the customer... And unlike some other big name insurance companies... They used a lot of OEM parts on vehicles.

Wish they were in NY.