General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

So I have been posting questions about exhaust for a while but I just cant seem to make up my mind. I was going to go true dual but after I heard the price of 2000 with headers and high flow cats that made my decision I dont want true dual anymore. So now im trying to find the right cat back system. This local Muffler shop called Buds in Denver said they would put on a Cat back system with magnaflow mufflers for 700. So im kinda stuck I dont know if I should just go with that or if I should just get a system off-line or something. One of my major concerns is not really knowing what to expect sound wise. If any of you guys have something similar to this let me know, Thanks
- Mitch
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Teching In

2 Grand??? That's Crazy! No Way... Just get the longtube Headers from Summit and 2 Mufflers Then have them build the Pipe with no Cats.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-68534/
Old 07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BIGHAL
2 Grand??? That's Crazy! No Way... Just get the longtube Headers from Summit and 2 Mufflers Then have them build the Pipe with no Cats.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-68534/
Ya thats what I said but im kind of leaning to the gmmg catback now. But also im considering just straight pipeing it back from the stock cats.

Last edited by ineedals1; 07-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could order a true dual system from TSP for around 400 bucks..
Old 07-08-2011, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Does the 2 grand include the headers and cats? From your post its kinda hard to tell, but if its included thats really not that bad of a price. But honestly if you end up with a catback I would recommend saving some cash and installing it yourself, there pretty easy to install and you can usually get exhaust systems cheaper online through the sponsors on this site opposed to paying the markup that most shops have in addition to crazy labor rates. I mean 700 for a catback with mangaflow mufflers? You can get a brand new mangaflow catback for under 500
Old 07-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Does the 2 grand include the headers and cats? From your post its kinda hard to tell, but if its included thats really not that bad of a price. But honestly if you end up with a catback I would recommend saving some cash and installing it yourself, there pretty easy to install and you can usually get exhaust systems cheaper online through the sponsors on this site opposed to paying the markup that most shops have in addition to crazy labor rates. I mean 700 for a catback with mangaflow mufflers? You can get a brand new mangaflow catback for under 500
Ya it was with high flow cats and headers but I just dont want to pay that much, and im not to sure what excaly they are using for the catback but the chepest I have seen are slp lms and there like 450 but I havent seen magnaflow for that chep
Old 07-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
You could order a true dual system from TSP for around 400 bucks..
Im assuming thats without cats if so do you just run them from your stock cats? or no cats?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ineedals1
Ya it was with high flow cats and headers but I just dont want to pay that much, and im not to sure what excaly they are using for the catback but the chepest I have seen are slp lms and there like 450 but I havent seen magnaflow for that chep
You're not looking in the right places.

WS6 Store and other sponsors here sell the SLP LM1 & 2 for about $385, and IIRC, WS6 store has the Magnaflow catback with the single tips for $386 with free shipping. Can't beat thatfor a Stainless Steel catback, IMO.

Personally I'd go with the Magnaflow catback and a cutout for when I wanted to be loud. (which is exactly what I'm doing in a few weeks, except that I won't be running headers....yet)

The SLP's are going to be loud and raspy if you decide to go without cats.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike
You're not looking in the right places.

WS6 Store and other sponsors here sell the SLP LM1 & 2 for about $385, and IIRC, WS6 store has the Magnaflow catback with the single tips for $386 with free shipping. Can't beat thatfor a Stainless Steel catback, IMO.

Personally I'd go with the Magnaflow catback and a cutout for when I wanted to be loud. (which is exactly what I'm doing in a few weeks, except that I won't be running headers....yet)

The SLP's are going to be loud and raspy if you decide to go without cats.
Ya im probably not looking in the right places, but I need cats becuase I live in Colorado and we have gay emissions but the lm1 is to raspy and the lm2 is to quiet I was thinking of gmmg.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

I bought the lm1 catback and sold the resonator for $50 and bought a sweet thunder muffler to run in place and it sounds awesome. The lm1 sounded terrible to me but thats just my .02