General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My 02 Z06 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011 | 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure, but it's got a pretty big turbo on it and it made 700+ rwhp on the dyno there.

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Will be more fun for sure once you get it back. I agree...probably in the neighborhood of 440-450RWHP and 120+ traps easy. I think I'm around 450 and I trapped 122 at a 2100 DA but a slightly larger cam and probably better flowing heads. I see you upgraded the trans but what about the diff?
I kept the rear diff stock for now. I might upgrade over the winter.
Old 07-13-2011 | 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

are you staying with your ls6 intake?
Old 07-13-2011 | 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

For now I am. I didnt want to fork up the cash for the fast 102.
Old 07-13-2011 | 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
Not sure, but it's got a pretty big turbo on it and it made 700+ rwhp on the dyno there.

I kept the rear diff stock for now. I might upgrade over the winter.
I would at least put on a diff brace like the DTE or ECS one to increase your chances of saving that nice trans in the event that the diff busts.
Old 07-13-2011 | 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

you blow your engine up before u did all the update or u just upgrade it.
Old 07-13-2011 | 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by killagt
you blow your engine up before u did all the update or u just upgrade it.
Nope. Ran great when I went in. Only problem was it wasn't fast enough for me. LOL.

I wasn't planning on doing the heads originally but when they were taking the old springs off to put the new ones on, the installer noticed a little air leaking through the head. I honestly wasn't even aware since it wasn't that bad, but figured I might as well take them off, have them fixed, and make the most out of it by having them ported.
Old 07-14-2011 | 08:31 AM
Launching!

any idea why you would have a bent valve in the first place? it being an auto and all, just wondering.
Old 07-14-2011 | 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsmith564
any idea why you would have a bent valve in the first place? it being an auto and all, just wondering.
All Z06's come with a 6 speed manual transmission from the factory.
Old 07-14-2011 | 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Lol. I wouldn't know how to respond to that question in a docile manner.

With all the breathing upgrades, I can't understand why you didn't get the fast 102 once and for all. The cost is negligible when you consider the amount you are spending on the entire project. I see you upgrading that ls6 intake in the near future.
It appears to be a solid build.

I was supposed to give my FAST 102 something to work with this summer, ie: bigger cams, but vacations take precedence.
Old 07-14-2011 | 09:31 PM
Launching!

still didn't answer my question.
Old 07-14-2011 | 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea the intake is going to be the choke point on the car. How big a cam are you going with?
Old 07-15-2011 | 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jsmith564
still didn't answer my question.
Really? lol.

My car isn't an auto. It's an M6. Or 6 speed manual transmission. It never had an auto either.
Old 07-15-2011 | 07:38 AM
Launching!

I think he meant about the bent valve
Old 07-15-2011 | 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Over revving it would be my best guess
Old 07-15-2011 | 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well.... More good and bad news to post I guess...

ARP head bolts are on back order, which was a pretty big curve ball. After making call after call, trying to find ANYONE who had a set, I came in contact with a company called "race-mart" who said "we have one set on our shelf".

I was relieved, but paid $85 to get them 2 day shipped to the shop. I went down to the shop today, only to find out that they werent there. I called race-mart and asked them what the deal with it was, since they bent me over on shipping (apparently head bolts weigh 16lbs), and with no surprise, they are also on back order and "not on the shelf anymore".

They really fucked me over. I would have just ordered head studs from SDPC on Tuesday night if I would have known this so they would have been there today.

Well anyways, good news is I got something coming, but the bad news is, the progress was a little delayed.

I had a horrible experience with Race-Mart. I would advise anyone to stay away, because its a joke. I called and asked them to check and see first hand if they had one in stock, and not go by the computer to avoid this whole ordeal. They didnt even call to let me know.
Old 07-15-2011 | 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
Lol. I wouldn't know how to respond to that question in a docile manner.
I dont know why dude thought a Z06 came in auto but of course they dont.
With all the breathing upgrades, I can't understand why you didn't get the fast 102 once and for all. The cost is negligible when you consider the amount you are spending on the entire project. I see you upgrading that ls6 intake in the near future.
It appears to be a solid build.
Sure a FAST intake would gain about 20-25 whp over the LS6 with those mods but at $1300 its something that can always be done later. With all the stuff being done the car WILL still pull hard. I could really use a FAST on mine but dont feel like shelling out the cash.
I was supposed to give my FAST 102 something to work with this summer, ie: bigger cams, but vacations take precedence.
Well.... More good and bad news to post I guess...

ARP head bolts are on back order, which was a pretty big curve ball. After making call after call, trying to find ANYONE who had a set, I came in contact with a company called "race-mart" who said "we have one set on our shelf".

I was relieved, but paid $85 to get them 2 day shipped to the shop. I went down to the shop today, only to find out that they werent there. I called race-mart and asked them what the deal with it was, since they bent me over on shipping (apparently head bolts weigh 16lbs), and with no surprise, they are also on back order and "not on the shelf anymore".

They really fucked me over. I would have just ordered head studs from SDPC on Tuesday night if I would have known this so they would have been there today.

Well anyways, good news is I got something coming, but the bad news is, the progress was a little delayed.

I had a horrible experience with Race-Mart. I would advise anyone to stay away, because its a joke. I called and asked them to check and see first hand if they had one in stock, and not go by the computer to avoid this whole ordeal. They didnt even call to let me know.
I cant imagine you paid the extra shipping if they didnt ship your order, or did they?
Old 07-15-2011 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I dont know why dude thought a Z06 came in auto but of course they dont.

Sure a FAST intake would gain about 20-25 whp over the LS6 with those mods but at $1300 its something that can always be done later. With all the stuff being done the car WILL still pull hard. I could really use a FAST on mine but dont feel like shelling out the cash.

I cant imagine you paid the extra shipping if they didnt ship your order, or did they?
When I called then Tuesday night, I asked I they had it in stock. They said they had 1 left so I said I would take it and I wanted it to be 2 day air'd fronthwir warehouse to the shop so it would be there today. Regular shipping was $20, but since I wanted it shipped there Friday it was $85. You can't ship something you don't have though.
Old 07-15-2011 | 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

delays happen with this stuff. when its done itll all be worth it.
Old 07-15-2011 | 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ do it once and do it right Definitely worth the wait/work!

Quick Reply: My 02 Z06 build