General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Cam/Stall

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazzenger
I had a 221/221 cam long time ago with stock stall. It was a turd. Pulled slightly worse times and no better mph than before the cam. (huge bogging issues)
Month later put in a SY3500 and car gained 4mph and dropped about a second.

Don't skimp on the converter.
Just sayin'.....
Old 10-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
You will end up spending more than that, I would put money on it.. Little things you forget to factor in add up QUICK!!!

Also.. With that setup on motor you should cut a 1.5X short times... Bottom 1.4s on a decent nitrous hit.
Factor in suspension, you will need it.
Yea i know i will need suspension bad but all im shooting for is 1.6X till i break something.. better to have an obtanable goal then to set yourself up for disapointment..

I may end up just going full bolt on's and alot of suspension goodies with a stall.. that might put me where i wanna be in the first place which is 6.99 1/8th mile N/A
Old 10-10-2011, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blake_colvin
Yea i know i will need suspension bad but all im shooting for is 1.6X till i break something.. better to have an obtanable goal then to set yourself up for disapointment..

I may end up just going full bolt on's and alot of suspension goodies with a stall.. that might put me where i wanna be in the first place which is 6.99 1/8th mile N/A
Full bolts/suspension/converter... You won't touch 6.9s unless you take a TON of weight out and run in an AMAZING DA.

6.9x=10.9-11.1 depending on the mph.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

Full bolts/suspension/converter... You won't touch 6.9s unless you take a TON of weight out and run in an AMAZING DA.

6.9x=10.9-11.1 depending on the mph.
Yea i do want to do weight reduction.. the car wont be a daily driver but a weekend warrior and deff no trailer queen.. I plan on being able to drive 450mile trips and be able to get 20mpg.

I was thinking of only having two front speakers and front door panels and some decent racing seats..

Also thats why i was going to go with a 4000 stall because the only city driving will be to the tracks and to car meet and greets.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blake_colvin
Yea i do want to do weight reduction.. the car wont be a daily driver but a weekend warrior and deff no trailer queen.. I plan on being able to drive 450mile trips and be able to get 20mpg.

I was thinking of only having two front speakers and front door panels and some decent racing seats..

Also thats why i was going to go with a 4000 stall because the only city driving will be to the tracks and to car meet and greets.
You will have to spend $ on weight savings.. I had my car down to 3100ish #s give or take bit.. MAYBE another 75# to take out before I spent money (besides my drag lites). You are going to have to weigh less than that. Manual rack, k member, etc etc.. I had no speakers/rear wires/etc etc..

You will need more converter for that goal.

6.9s is MOVING for SI.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Staging Lane

You will have to spend $ on weight savings.. I had my car down to 3100ish #s give or take bit.. MAYBE another 75# to take out before I spent money (besides my drag lites). You are going to have to weigh less than that. Manual rack, k member, etc etc.. I had no speakers/rear wires/etc etc..

You will need more converter for that goal.

6.9s is MOVING for SI.
Fair enough, my goal was to be around 3000lbs with me in the car. Ill have to keep looking and just sit back and wait untill i get home.

Seems like i have more research to do as well.

Thanks for all the input. Im sure ill make my own thread in a couple months about turning to the dark side and doing a build up on a ls1 car.

OP, hope your questions got answered as well, didnt mean to hi-jack ya
Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

That would be a good goal for the weight, price wise it wouldn't be too bad and is attainable without getting the car completely.3100 with you would be good too.

100% full bolt ons well thought out at that weight with some good air would get you extremely close to your goal. Everything will have to be working together. Just research every small detail/item before you commit.

Good luck.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Staging Lane

Yep, thanks alot