General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Very tough decision, i need your guys help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally, I'd go with the stock car. That way you know exactly who did your work, what was done to it, and if it was built right. If its cam'd, and with those dyno numbers that sounds about right, take a drive in it and see if the drivability is too rough, cuz normally I'm never satisfied with previous owners cam setups, and im always changing **** out because people tend to cheap out on performance.

also look at it this way, you'll also have an extra $3k for goodies the way you like it
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 537 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugo_SS
They are giving me 22,225.. I still owe 17
OK, thanks. I didn't see that you owed $$. You definitely did well.
Stock is the way to go for a DD. You can decide after a few months of driving it if you want to go in the 'mod' direction. The mods will be new, your choice and done just for you, not someone else's idea. Just get the price down. Don't pay too much.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When getting a car, if it's bone stock, you have a whole lot more peace of mind knowing that if you modded it, you know it was done right, or what is exactly to the T, done to it.

Just my .02¢
Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NVUSZ28
When getting a car, if it's bone stock, you have a whole lot more peace of mind knowing that if you modded it, you know it was done right, or what is exactly to the T, done to it.

Just my .02¢
Yup, I would personally buy the stock one and start off with a nice clean slate. I would never take the risk with buying a heavily modified car unless that person had receipts or some sort of valid proof of every single modification that was done. Getting rid of your M3 for a hacked up F-Body would suck.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Ss all the way
Old 11-21-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would prob. go with the SS.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

oh man, mind is so beat... i think im going to play it safe and go for the stock one, its still a 35th LE and m6 no ttops, but has factory rear middle exhaust, still very beutiful.. but no where near the modded one.. i guess gas mileage and the though of me in a very fast car is intimidating.. not that i cant handle it, just the life of it since i would be pinning it.. I can build my own, and make it how i want it... thanks guys...
GOING STOCK!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

oh and guys, LOL..
THEY ARE BOTH SS.. my description could have been better but i wouldnt own a fbody if it wasnt the SS.. not that i dont like them, its just that i like the cream of the crop on the 4th gen, hood and spoiler are so sexy.... and I like it to be factory not added.. no offense to anyone...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hugo_SS
oh and guys, LOL..
THEY ARE BOTH SS.. my description could have been better but i wouldnt own a fbody if it wasnt the SS.. not that i dont like them, its just that i like the cream of the crop on the 4th gen, hood and spoiler are so sexy.... and I like it to be factory not added.. no offense to anyone...
Hey whatever floats your boat. Personally I'd just keep the M3 and buy a beater LS1 to mess with.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just make sure to check with SLP on the vins to verify they both are real SS's.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stick with the stock one....you can mod it is you want down the road. Gives you time to make it your own and learn more about it on the way.

I may have missed it but are they both 6 speeds? If so then then it doesn't matter, if not go with 6 speed.