General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

No respect.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I always found that if you have the chick place her hands on the hood while
assuming the position......or perhaps some back seat DNA mess, it makes
the hotrod (to you) have personal meaning for her.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go hammer down so she swallows her tongue then she won't bitch about a free ride anymore.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by homerz28
The other day I was nice enough to drive one of my friends to lunch. I recently bought my dream car, a black M6 2002 WS.6. Very clean and 100% stock. We were riding down the road and I was telling her I had always wanted one of these and she proceeded to say "why? It's old. Why didn't you get a new one instead?"

I personally think the WS6 trans am is the most awesome looking car there is shy of a Lamborghini or something really exotic. Kids these days. I hate transformers. Has this happened to anyone else?
Woman are practical creatures, and a Trans Am is flashy and impractical and goes against a girl's natural instincts of what sort of a guy is husband material and can provide her with security. I bet she loves your car but she's afraid you're just a player.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:01 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Psh. I feel you 'OP. I remember working with this stuck up sorority **** whose daddy had just bought her a new BMW. Well, one day she needed a ride to the dealership because she had some work done on the car. For some reason no one else in her life was available to haul her stupid *** there, but me being stupid-er I volunteered to take her. The only car I had then was the Charger. She made me pick her up 1 block away from her place and then drop her off 2 blocks away from the dealership. As she was getting out I was like "are you sure you don't want me to drop you off?" She says " yeah right-I don't want anyone seeing me in this thing."

Keep in mind that most women are all about materialism and flash-there's little to no substance in their heads. They can't appreciate something old or "classic" unless mass media or the latest issue of 'Cosmo says it's cool and acceptable. But, that's the price we pay because we want their bodies.

'OP, pride yourself on what makes you happy and learn to enjoy when something you do, say or whatever annoys someone else. Being the owner of a WS6 T/A, you're not about pleasing the masses anyway. Like the Pontiac Trans Am brochure says: "Pontiac doesn't build Firebirds for the masses. Never has. Never will. You either get it, or you don't."

Last edited by myk; 01-26-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell her her hair looks stupid
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myk
Keep in mind that most women are all about materialism and flash-there's little to no substance in their heads. They can't appreciate something old or "classic" unless mass media or the latest issue of 'Cosmo says it's cool and acceptable. But, that's the price we pay because we want their bodies.
This made me say "wow" outloud.

nail on the head.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

Happens to me, average joe's don't think very fondly of F Body's. It's one of those cars that has a certain group of people that think it looks nice, it's not a "mainstream" nice looking car... Best way I could explain it.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by myk
Like the Pontiac Trans Am brochure says: "Pontiac doesn't build Firebirds for the masses. Never has. Never will. You either get it, or you don't."

Haha, it's a pretty sure bet that they never will..
Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by myk
Psh. I feel you 'OP. I remember working with this stuck up sorority **** whose daddy had just bought her a new BMW. Well, one day she needed a ride to the dealership because she had some work done on the car. For some reason no one else in her life was available to haul her stupid *** there, but me being stupid-er I volunteered to take her. The only car I had then was the Charger. She made me pick her up 1 block away from her place and then drop her off 2 blocks away from the dealership. As she was getting out I was like "are you sure you don't want me to drop you off?" She says " yeah right-I don't want anyone seeing me in this thing."
dang that sucks... i woulve done a huge burnout right in front of her workplace as she was walking in and yelled out "GOOD-BYE" or something cheesy so everyone saw what she drove in from.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

You guys are saying women don't care about cars. That is nothing....
A couple of years ago I took my 2006 CTS-V over to a local dealership where the local Corvette club was putting on a display and I wanted to have a look. I was backing into a parking spot and someone knocked on my window. I rolled down the window and a couple of the Corvette guys were there saying I'd have to move because it was reserved for the Corvettes. So in jest, I said "well this car is known as a 4 door Corvette" to which the guy said "who told you that? Your salesman?"
The guy behind him knew what it was but at that instant I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with a group that didn't know anything about any other car. Turns out the fool was the PRESIDENT of the Corvette club.
I ended up joining the local BMW club since I am doing an LS swap in an E36. Nicest bunch of guys you could meet, they respect all cars!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Albertan
A couple of years ago I took my 2006 CTS-V over to a local dealership where the local Corvette club was putting on a display and I wanted to have a look. I was backing into a parking spot and someone knocked on my window. I rolled down the window and a couple of the Corvette guys were there saying I'd have to move because it was reserved for the Corvettes. So in jest, I said "well this car is known as a 4 door Corvette" to which the guy said "who told you that? Your salesman?"
The guy behind him knew what it was but at that instant I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with a group that didn't know anything about any other car. Turns out the fool was the PRESIDENT of the Corvette club.
I ended up joining the local BMW club since I am doing an LS swap in an E36. Nicest bunch of guys you could meet, they respect all cars!
I guess he thought you meant four door corvette literally. tool either way.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Albertan
Were you trying to park in a spot reserved for the show? Were you a member of the club? Did you have a Corvette? If the answers to these are yes, no and no, then it makes sense that they would ask you to move.

If you're going to a cruise night/hang out type spot, it's a different story. But if it's some kind of organized show for specific cars and/or a specific club, it doesn't make sense for you to try and crash the show with a car that doesn't belong.

We have some shows around here that occasionally have model year limitations. I'm welcome to show up with my '71 but not the '98 or '02, even though they are all GM/Chevy/V8/RWD/etc. No reason to get upset, sometimes shows have specific limitations for various reasons.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by m1a2d3
should have bought an auto then you could have had one hand free to slap her.
LMFAOO

my new quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This entire thread is the reason you date a girl with her own Ls1
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

kinda funny.. almost every girl who has ever commented on my car always said they like the Firebirds better .. cause they were faster lol. i've always liked the camaros for their more mature look... i actually prefer the reguler T/a to the ws6... but you gotta admit..the styling on the ws6 is like an Icon of design... just like a corvette... you know what it is without mistake at a first glance.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Launching!

no man, gotta have the ram air hood. it MAKES the car.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

no man, gotta have the ram air hood. it MAKES the car.
I used to feel this way, when I was younger. Actually, I liked them enough that I bought a brand new WS6 T/A back in 2000. But as the years have gone by, it's the cleaner lines of the Camaro that have really kept my interest. If I was going to have a Pontiac F-body again, it would likely have to be a Formula.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I used to feel this way, when I was younger. Actually, I liked them enough that I bought a brand new WS6 T/A back in 2000. But as the years have gone by, it's the cleaner lines of the Camaro that have really kept my interest. If I was going to have a Pontiac F-body again, it would likely have to be a Formula.
then call me immature lol. When i tell guys who actually know a thing or two about cars i got a trans am they always ask "oh, does it have the ram air hood?!?!"
Old 01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
She's a female man, why even bother bringing cars up? They really could care less, you have to work on your game dude

I see your point though, I drive my car around a college campus all day everyday. Nobody else really notices my car except the fellow muscle car guys up there. I think everybody else just sees it as an old, loud Camaro with a hood scoop and chrome wheels. Girls don't even turn their heads 99% of the time

But it's all good, because people who are in the know understand what these cars are about and respect them.
You would be surprised... alot of women know there stuff about cars.
girls always notice my ws6... put a cam and true duals and everyone looks lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

then call me immature lol. When i tell guys who actually know a thing or two about cars i got a trans am they always ask "oh, does it have the ram air hood?!?!"
The hood is cool, I'd love to have a WS6 Formula....that is what I should have bought back in '00, and I probably would have kept it then. It's the big spoiler and ground effects of the Trans Am that really aren't my style. Don't get me wrong, they are still great looking cars, just not my personal favorites of the F-bodies any more.

Quick Reply: No respect.