General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

No respect.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No respect.

The other day I was nice enough to drive one of my friends to lunch. I recently bought my dream car, a black M6 2002 WS.6. Very clean and 100% stock. We were riding down the road and I was telling her I had always wanted one of these and she proceeded to say "why? It's old. Why didn't you get a new one instead?"

I personally think the WS6 trans am is the most awesome looking car there is shy of a Lamborghini or something really exotic. Kids these days. I hate transformers. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shoulda kicked her *** out of the car for saying that
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

non car people will always ask you why you're working on "that old piece of junk" when you work on your hobby car or try to take pride in it.

Then in 20 years those same people will say "I wish I had onna those.. it's a classic!" when they see one on the road or at a car show.

Remind her that pontiac is no more. You CANT get a new one.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Launching!

I dont think she quite understood the difference in a Camaro and a Firebird Trans Am lol

It's not like I bought the car only to pic up chicks or nothing, but I just dont see how a car like this ever lost it's sex appeal.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by homerz28
I dont think she quite understood the difference in a Camaro and a Firebird Trans Am lol

It's not like I bought the car only to pic up chicks or nothing, but I just dont see how a car like this ever lost it's sex appeal.
BS. It made you post an entire thread about it, didn't it?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
BS. It made you post an entire thread about it, didn't it?
I said ONLY.. Sure it was supposed to be part of the package...
Old 01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I get that all the time "why didnt you buy a new Camaro". It really pisses me off and then I proceed to tell them why I did not buy one. By the time I am done listing the many reason they have the nerve to tell me why do I take it so seriously. Well because I love my car and they just dont get it. Stupid non car people!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

People that are not interested in these cars can't be expected to understand why we like them. To your average person, a car is nothing more than a transportation appliance; they want it to be as new/trendy as possible with as many features and gadgets and new designs as possibile. They don't see cars as anything special so they can't understand your various personal reasons for wanting something that happens to be older.

Everyone has their own opinions on what's best, and since this is all in regards to personal possesions, it's all subjective. For instance, some people in this hobby like all cars as long as they look flashy and go fast; personally, I am not that type. Someone might own a honda with a $15k paint job and tons of modifications making it run 10s, but it's still a piece of **** to me (by the same note, I'm sure there are people that think MY cars are a piece of ****, and that's fine). There are some cars I really like, and some that I really hate; so not even all hobbyists appreicate all cars.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Well, scratch her off the list unless you get one of them new fangled hybrids.
Don't worry, in your neck of the woods, many honeys will love your car.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Launching!

A few hours ago I was checking out a 92 Ferrari 512 TR on autotrader and she walked by and said "that thing is old and ugly, you should get a new Ferrari." I explained to her how awesome the 512TR was in it's day, but she didn't care. Most girls my age just don't appreciate good cars. It sucks living in the hybrid age.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha...

Rule number 6 in the book of 14 relationship rules:

"Women instinctively know that they will gain status among their peers by attracting a mate who exhibits the qualities of Power, Ambition, and Fidelity."

I'm not saying she was your mate or even trying to attract you; what I am saying is that women, for the most part, don't know much about cars, other than the fact that powerful, ambitious men drive NEW, EXPENSIVE cars. That's all they know, and it's instinct. They don't even know why they say stuff like that, it just makes sense to them.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I woulda showed her how to use her thumb besides puting it up her (bleep)
Old 01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
TECH Junkie

should have pulled over and left her on the side of the street.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

should have bought an auto then you could have had one hand free to slap her.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by m1a2d3
should have bought an auto then you could have had one hand free to slap her.
lmao
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

yes this happens all the time to me I have an 02 ws6 as well, I also get " o i didnt know they still made those" does any one else get their ws6 called the bat mobile? everyone calls mine that.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:59 PM

To each his own! eh who cares? lol
Old 01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by homerz28
The other day I was nice enough to drive one of my friends to lunch. I recently bought my dream car, a black M6 2002 WS.6. Very clean and 100% stock. We were riding down the road and I was telling her I had always wanted one of these and she proceeded to say "why? It's old. Why didn't you get a new one instead?"

I personally think the WS6 trans am is the most awesome looking car there is shy of a Lamborghini or something really exotic. Kids these days. I hate transformers. Has this happened to anyone else?
Its a woman who's not into cars... doesn't surprise me she could care less about your trans am. Although i agree with you on the fact that these cars don't get as much respect as others. You drive by some girls in a slow 2v mustang and they get all cuckoo just because its a mustang. Drive by the same girls in a clean ws6 and they don't even notice it... For me i sort of like it this way, i have never been a flashy person or buy something just because other people like them.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

She's a female man, why even bother bringing cars up? They really could care less, you have to work on your game dude

I see your point though, I drive my car around a college campus all day everyday. Nobody else really notices my car except the fellow muscle car guys up there. I think everybody else just sees it as an old, loud Camaro with a hood scoop and chrome wheels. Girls don't even turn their heads 99% of the time

But it's all good, because people who are in the know understand what these cars are about and respect them.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

chicks love new and expensive looking cars. They could care less of what car it is, as long as it looke expensive. Theres very few girls who like these types of cars. They dont care if its a v6 or v8 either. The only compliments i get, are of how loud the car rumbles

Quick Reply: No respect.