General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Few questions on ls6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions on ls6 swap

I just bought an ls6 intake with the injectors on it. It has been sitting for 2 years maybe 1 1/2 years. Are the injectors good? I was told they might be bad and not bother????I have access to 42lbs injectors if I need them but same thing been sitting for 2 years are they good ??????? I'm told the ls1 injectors are 26lbs, ls6 28.8lbs thats my reasonning on keeping the ls6 injectors and it's all togheter :-)

Second question when you guys say take the tabs off the back of the LS6 intake do you mean all the little ribs under the intake and if so HOW???

A grinder is aggressive I would assume right?
The 4" steel wheel is pretty big and I'm a salesmanager lolll and a bull in a china shop so I might kill that thing but what would be a way to do it that in a way that I wouldn't frig it up. I want to paint it and get it ready for my cam install etc....

I am not rich and trying to save a few bucks I'm in pretty deep now .Just bought EPS cam kit,Kook headers-custom y pipe , gm gaskets and bolts,LS6 intake. Now I have to buy the gasket kit from GM for the intake and the cam swap oil and coolant ishhhh never ending parts list
Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wantagofast
I just bought an ls6 intake with the injectors on it. It has been sitting for 2 years maybe 1 1/2 years. Are the injectors good? I was told they might be bad and not bother????I have access to 42lbs injectors if I need them but same thing been sitting for 2 years are they good ??????? I'm told the ls1 injectors are 26lbs, ls6 28.8lbs thats my reasonning on keeping the ls6 injectors and it's all togheter :-)

Second question when you guys say take the tabs off the back of the LS6 intake do you mean all the little ribs under the intake and if so HOW???

A grinder is aggressive I would assume right?
The 4" steel wheel is pretty big and I'm a salesmanager lolll and a bull in a china shop so I might kill that thing but what would be a way to do it that in a way that I wouldn't frig it up. I want to paint it and get it ready for my cam install etc....

I am not rich and trying to save a few bucks I'm in pretty deep now .Just bought EPS cam kit,Kook headers-custom y pipe , gm gaskets and bolts,LS6 intake. Now I have to buy the gasket kit from GM for the intake and the cam swap oil and coolant ishhhh never ending parts list
Based on your sig, stock injectors should work just fine with your setup. If you have doubts with the new injectors, don't use them. You can use a small chisel and hammer to remove the ribs. They are pretty easy to break off.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
Based on your sig, stock injectors should work just fine with your setup. If you have doubts with the new injectors, don't use them. You can use a small chisel and hammer to remove the ribs. They are pretty easy to break off.
Thanks man I appreciate it !
Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check this thread out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...old-video.html
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

or instead of griding down the fins, buy the LS6 coolant lines, thats what i did for like 20 bucks
Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by USMC5811
or instead of griding down the fins, buy the LS6 coolant lines, thats what i did for like 20 bucks
Did you run both front AND rear LS6 coolant lines? I've heard that is the way you're supposed to run them if thats the way you go.