General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Fuel pump outlets

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump outlets

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm curious if anyone can help me figure out which outlets are what. I believe the top one is the fuel to the rails, but I am not even sure of that. This pump is from the donor vehicle that my engine came from. 2006 4.8L silverado. It is a returnless fuel rail so the pump must be internally regulated, but I have no idea what goes where. I would really like to use this pump in my CJ tank versus an external pump pulling from my tank. The tank has a nice flat top I can weld a ring onto. If anyone can help me identify these, I would really appreciate it!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Ok, I took the entire pump apart and confirmed a few things. The barbed fitting on top is definitely the fuel out to the rail. Not only is it 3/8" but it runs through a regulator which I can see has an outlet to dump gas back into the sump bucket. The 2 other outlets I am a bit confused about. The 2 outlets are right on top of what I can only assume is a role over check valve and perhaps has something to do with venting to the charcoal canister as well. If anyone has a clue what these 2 lower ones are that would be awesome. The large one is ~5/8" and the smaller is ~ 5/16"
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Teching In

in case any one else needs to know