General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

F my life. RIP Icarus... Another 98 SS totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear, hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This should go into the album on how not to get rid of your car.

Sorry to hear about your insurance, and glad you're alright.

Post the link when you start your parts thread, please.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that is bad...glad you are ok to tell the story!
Hope it works out for you, was a good looking car.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know your feeling, but only to an extent. I totalled my TA back in late 2010 in the same regard (rain), but I had full coverage insurance so it was covered. I got a nice check which helped me buy the WS6 I own today. Sorry for your loss though and I hope you replace her soon.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Really sucks man happen to me a few weeks ago! Good luck insurance co's are not fun to work with.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

always hurts to see one of our own go down.

Glad you're ok!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Same here. I had an experience to say the least on semi bald DR's.
These cars are tail-happy and without the proper rubber downright dangerous. My BF Goodrich SS/AS are worn down to the hard rubber now ... swinging out to pass a guy at about 1/3 throttle downshift on a dry cold road the other day kicked my rear out and I almost ended up in oncoming traffic.

And then tonight on the way home in cold drizzly conditions, a guy in a Ram 1500 kept challenging me at stoplights. I knew I would just spin and go nowhere ... so I slowly caught up to him at about 50. Another 30% 3-2 downshift, spin and let up. No way I could play. Anything more aggressive and I easily could have lost it.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, It really sucked. Yeah, they aren't covering my car at all. :/ It's okay, I agree with the "failure to maintain control" even if it was out of my hands, I could've waited for the rain to stop. The parting out of the car is going well, and i'm just putting the stock LS1 and my old 4L60E in a 240SX coupe with a turbo... Man, I'm so sad i'll be at 500rwhp in a 2300lb car that I can have a rear end that holds power for 300 bucks for! > I'm staying positive to say the least haha. It does suck though, I'll really miss this car... Even with the problems and stuff, I'm going to miss the "DAAAMMMNNNNNNN, That car is NICE!" yells, or the shout outs from the ladies

I'll just have to paint this coupe white and put the badges from Icarus in the 240 somewhere. "We can rebuild him"

Oh, and F the new bumper / quarter panel comment! haha, Body shop quoted me over 7k to make the car 100% again. -_- Car was worth 8k to USAA, lol
Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nemean
Thanks guys, It really sucked. Yeah, they aren't covering my car at all. :/ It's okay, I agree with the "failure to maintain control" even if it was out of my hands, I could've waited for the rain to stop. The parting out of the car is going well, and i'm just putting the stock LS1 and my old 4L60E in a 240SX coupe with a turbo... Man, I'm so sad i'll be at 500rwhp in a 2300lb car that I can have a rear end that holds power for 300 bucks for! > I'm staying positive to say the least haha. It does suck though, I'll really miss this car... Even with the problems and stuff, I'm going to miss the "DAAAMMMNNNNNNN, That car is NICE!" yells, or the shout outs from the ladies

I'll just have to paint this coupe white and put the badges from Icarus in the 240 somewhere. "We can rebuild him"

Oh, and F the new bumper / quarter panel comment! haha, Body shop quoted me over 7k to make the car 100% again. -_- Car was worth 8k to USAA, lol
The rear quarter panel is attached all the way around. So basically if you damage that. The insurance company totals the car almost automatically on that alone unless its a low mileage SS or something. Ask me how I know. I had this car for 3 DAYS not paying + light rain + light pole = What The Dam Hell NOOOOOOOO!!!!!( broke finger)
I was not going to full cover it at first but my mom talked me into it. I got a check for $1200.00 more than I paid for the car like 3 days earlier. Then purchased the car back from the insurance company for $1000.00. Like you I had to find the positive side on such an event. Glad you are alright and yes he can be rebuilt.
Attached Thumbnails F my life. RIP Icarus... Another 98 SS totaled...-light-pole1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that looks ugly.

you seem to be ok and you didnt mention any injuries to anyone else. just save for something else and move on.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

off topic but what happens when some ******* keys your car and they do it and dont get caught , comp or collision ?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
off topic but what happens when some ******* keys your car and they do it and dont get caught , comp or collision ?
Vandalism would be covered by comprehensive.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Oh man, sorry to hear about your car. That sucks that your insurance will not cover it. It's sad to see that happen to such a nice car.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MynameisLee
Oh man, sorry to hear about your car. That sucks that your insurance will not cover it. It's sad to see that happen to such a nice car.
Thanks man, I loved it. Def have a different few about droptops... I loved mine.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry for your loss.

It CAN be rebuilt though..

Good luck!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd
Sorry for your loss.

It CAN be rebuilt though..

Good luck!

Anything can be rebuilt with enough time and money, doesn't mean it's worth it.

This is another reason why I hate auto insurance. IMO, it's one of the biggest scams out there. You pay them hundreds/thousands over the course of a year and when situations like this come along, they will do anything they can to get out of it. Even if you somehow do get them to pay, they will just go and raise your rates. ******* con artists.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bjorn20

This is another reason why I hate auto insurance. IMO, it's one of the biggest scams out there. You pay them hundreds/thousands over the course of a year and when situations like this come along, they will do anything they can to get out of it. Even if you somehow do get them to pay, they will just go and raise your rates. ******* con artists.
another scam is raising your rates for moving violations. you already pay a fine and points and they get to pile on. what a bunch of BS. it doesnt cost them any money so they shouldnt be able to screw you like that.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bjorn20

Except you really can't blame the insurance in this case. He didn't have collision coverage on his car, so of course they wouldn't pay anything.

Now if he did have full coverage and they didn't want to cover it, then I'd be all over them about it.

However I do agree that insurance can be a fairly big scam at times. Although there are much bigger scams out there...
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
another scam is raising your rates for moving violations. you already pay a fine and points and they get to pile on. what a bunch of BS. it doesnt cost them any money so they shouldnt be able to screw you like that.
While I agree its a scam at times in a way it makes sense. Your initial rates are based on several variables which determine your rate. If you get a moving violation it puts you in a higher risk bucket which is why your rates go up. I agree it sucks basically its profiling

Quick Reply: F my life. RIP Icarus... Another 98 SS totaled...