General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just got a delphi 85mm for my 02 z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is untuned and I just did a h/c. When It was running very rich before, but now I swapped some 34lbers in. So after letting the car idle once, the plugs will foul out and it wont idle.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice upgrade, this is something i need, i think its a pointless mod for a mild car though, just dont want someone with a bolt on car thinking this will do something for them
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I just installed an 85mm Delphi on my 04 ls1 gto. If you dont have your car retuned, its going to run stupid rich, surge on the highway etc. You will guranteed LOSE performance if you dont have it retuned immediatly.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

flattus, my tuner told me to wait and put the injectors in at his shop.you might want to wait to get to the tuner before the addition of your maf and injectors. i'm not telling you what to do because i'm not well versed in the modern stuff. what i'm gonna do is mock up with 85mm and have my injectors ready.your motor looks all business wish you great sucess. changing those fouled plugs will get old fast... the oldman......
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Nice upgrade, this is something i need, i think its a pointless mod for a mild car though, just dont want someone with a bolt on car thinking this will do something for them
I don't see it messing with something, but for the deal I got on this, it will be perfect for my combo!

Originally Posted by Cwarta
I just installed an 85mm Delphi on my 04 ls1 gto. If you dont have your car retuned, its going to run stupid rich, surge on the highway etc. You will guranteed LOSE performance if you dont have it retuned immediatly.
Good to know, but I'm glad I'm not driving mine haha.

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
flattus, my tuner told me to wait and put the injectors in at his shop.you might want to wait to get to the tuner before the addition of your maf and injectors. i'm not telling you what to do because i'm not well versed in the modern stuff. what i'm gonna do is mock up with 85mm and have my injectors ready.your motor looks all business wish you great sucess. changing those fouled plugs will get old fast... the oldman......
Agree! Good lookin' out. I haven't even left the driveway with this combo! The guy that put it together for me drove it around the block after the first start up, but that was about it. We found out I had a bad maf and I towed it back here and it has sat in my driveway since april. I was waiting to do an 8.8 with 35 splines and a spool, but it was going to take forever to have the time to get it together. So I will be getting tuned with 3.27s for now. The trans is built and so are well, other things .

I put the injectors and maf on the other day only because she is getting towed to the shop. I had to take my diable predator tune off the car too so I did the maf and injectors first, made sure it ran, then did the tune to make sure she was fine, and all is good! I def would not drive up there with these. My stock plugs would foul out after idling for 20 seconds in the driveway because it would never get moved. You should be fine man. I am estatic to finally get tuned.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

got my 85mm today and it has a screen in it. wheither or not it's a performance mod in my opinion it's an upgrade from the old style in order to fine tune the air/fuel mix is that correct? regardless it lets more air in correct? goes back to the question : screen or descreen? i'm not worried about debris. flattusmaximus, i saw yours is desceened? explain you said nitrous backfire? i still look at the screen in a different way if you took the screen and compressed it it would turn to a solid mass and the material if combined to be a solid not asceen that is the amount of obstruction in the intake tract . am i reading into this too deep?? the oldman...........
:
Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

leave the screen in or replace it with a better one:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ighteners.html
Old 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

thunderstruck507, flatusmaximus, and all others for the knowledge on helping me with everything. the hp tuners stuff was interesting and i will leave the screen on the new maf seems to make it more efficient by the tuner guide and graffs thank you once again the oldman.....

Quick Reply: Just got a delphi 85mm for my 02 z28