General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My Mod List 2002 WS6 Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16 I'm guessing. Vey uneducated is my guess.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Here is a random picture I found on the site that shows the condition:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...mrearseats.jpg

As you can see, the vinyl center section stays at the original level, while the leather surfaces on either side of the top edge shrink over time. This is a very common sight, and something I was noticing pretty early in the life of mine as well.

Yeah, I have no clue what the comfort difference is to some. Maybe some body types just fit better in one seat or the other. For me, it's nothing that I've ever noticed, and I've spent many hours in both seats. In general, these cars fit me like a glove and frankly I find both to be comfortable. I just like the cloth better for the wear aspect and how much easier it is to live with in the hot/cold.
Yes I have to agree with that! For the nature of the car, great comfort imo. I see what you are saying, but then again that car has likely sat in Florida sun with little to no attention. Also there is no seating in the center, and therefore the padding is not necessarily the same underneath the whole rear section. I can't see it being just the leather shrinking, but I can't say for sure. People sitting on either side of that center section could also do that imo, by pulling the leather down more taught than seats like mine, which haven't been sat in much. I'll take a picture of mine if you like, it doesn't look like that. I see what you're saying about wear aspect, but frankly it's hard to match the durability of leather. Hell you can give a ride home to a drunk friend who drops a heater from his smoke on your seat and not worry that it will immediately burn a hole. Not that any drunk friends are allowed in my ride anymore . I think we'll have to say that each has it's own ups and down, and I'll add that leather wasn't really a deal breaker for me. At least cloth doesn't crack or "shrink" as you say. But I've always had cloth hard tops, so the leather and t-tops was sort of a nice change. Looks pretty damn sharp to me too, but again subjective.

Originally Posted by bartman119
true point with the winter but i dont drive then, i may not buy the car but im going to look at it soon also alot of u guys are asses lol but i understand im a kid and u just think im dumb or ignorant but im not as dumb or slow paced with cars as u may think
I think I'm the few who hasn't ragged on you whatsoever lol. Quote the right person. I think you are young, but I left that out of my comment did I not lol? Either way, I know what it's like to want something BAD! So I'm not trying to talk you out of something...the best lessons are the lessons learned, not taught. Later punk! lol jk

Last edited by oddwraith; 07-30-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by why87
16 I'm guessing. Vey uneducated is my guess.
sure, uneducated...
Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol. Whatever, let us know what you bought when you do man .
Old 07-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Yes I have to agree with that! For the nature of the car, great comfort imo. I see what you are saying, but then again that car has likely sat in Florida sun with little to no attention. Also there is no seating in the center, and therefore the padding is not necessarily the same underneath the whole rear section. I can't see it being just the leather shrinking, but I can't say for sure. People sitting on either side of that center section could also do that imo, by pulling the leather down more taught than seats like mine, which haven't been sat in much. I'll take a picture of mine if you like, it doesn't look like that. I see what you're saying about wear aspect, but frankly it's hard to match the durability of leather. Hell you can give a ride home to a drunk friend who drops a heater from his smoke on your seat and not worry that it will immediately burn a hole. Not that any drunk friends are allowed in my ride anymore . I think we'll have to say that each has it's own ups and down, and I'll add that leather wasn't really a deal breaker for me. At least cloth doesn't crack or "shrink" as you say. But I've always had cloth hard tops, so the leather and t-tops was sort of a nice change. Looks pretty damn sharp to me too, but again subjective.

I think I'm the few who hasn't ragged on you whatsoever lol. Quote the right person. I think you are young, but I left that out of my comment did I not lol? Either way, I know what it's like to want something BAD! So I'm not trying to talk you out of something...the best lessons are the lessons learned, not taught. Later punk! lol jk
yeah, i wasn't talking about u just put 2 comments into one also yeah your one of the few who hasn't actually ragged on me. but i can see why they are mad or dislike me its bc im new to the car game and i don't know that much yet although i am eager to learn just wish they weren't so immature makes me feel like they are younger then me
Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Teching In

5k into a sound system isnt enough. buy a monsoon stereo, they run 7-8k alone.

loud exhaust that makes alarms go off is a new manufacturer i've never heard of, wish i could help
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stoianoff31
5k into a sound system isnt enough. buy a monsoon stereo, they run 7-8k alone.

loud exhaust that makes alarms go off is a new manufacturer i've never heard of, wish i could help
sure! thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, funny but useless information. OP-no one is mad or dislikes you, but they are just trying to help out, while perhaps having a little fun because of some of the things you stated. There's a ton of good info they already gave you though so arm yourself with some knowledge wherever you can imo.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

true point with the winter but i dont drive then, i may not buy the car but im going to look at it soon also alot of u guys are asses lol but i understand im a kid and u just think im dumb or ignorant but im not as dumb or slow paced with cars as u may think
We aren't mad or dislike you. If you couldn't tell I was just ribbing you a little bit.

The thing is, is we see this kind of stuff quite often from newbies, some think they know it all, some ask for our advice and then don't listen (so why even ask).

We just hate seeing young guys get these cars and mistreat them or worse buy one just to wrap it around a tree because they don't respect the power these cars have (even in stock form) or how unpredictable they can be sometimes in the rain. We hate seeing anyone get hurt or one of our beloved LSX cars totaled.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
We aren't mad or dislike you. If you couldn't tell I was just ribbing you a little bit.

The thing is, is we see this kind of stuff quite often from newbies, some think they know it all, some ask for our advice and then don't listen (so why even ask).

We just hate seeing young guys get these cars and mistreat them or worse buy one just to wrap it around a tree because they don't respect the power these cars have (even in stock form) or how unpredictable they can be sometimes in the rain. We hate seeing anyone get hurt or one of our beloved LSX cars totaled.
n
i just asked what mods should i add the.... this happened lol
Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mys6peed is it just me, or did you spell quiet wrong in your sig lmao.

n
i just asked what mods should i add the.... this happened lol
If you get the car don't add any until you atleast get a feel for the car with it's stock power. believe me if your not used to a rear wheel posi, the car will have enough power to surprise you in stock form
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in Nassau?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Nobody dislikes you OP, but you come on the boards asking for advice, then feel like you have to be a sarcastic *** with half of your responses. Therefore, you get razzed. If you feel the need to mod your car, buy a 40-70k mile car, save some money and get quality parts (unless your parents are giving you mod money on top of the 20k car allowance.) A lid and catback would be plenty for a new driver with 350+ lb-ft of torque. If you drive like an idiot, I guarantee you'll wreck it and it won't be pretty.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Garden City. also i work for my money but whatever and i didnt ask what car to buy i dont need people to give me opinions on how many miles of a car too buy.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

You're clearly missing the point. But OK.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by why87
Nobody dislikes you OP, but you come on the boards asking for advice, then feel like you have to be a sarcastic *** with half of your responses. Therefore, you get razzed. If you feel the need to mod your car, buy a 40-70k mile car, save some money and get quality parts (unless your parents are giving you mod money on top of the 20k car allowance.) A lid and catback would be plenty for a new driver with 350+ lb-ft of torque. If you drive like an idiot, I guarantee you'll wreck it and it won't be pretty.
He is a smartass, he doesnt listen, and is gonna get the responses hes been getting because he is asking for them. like i said earlier, buy a mustang, put some stickers on it and fit right in with the rest of the people who act like you. im 16, i know how to act on a board, i understand how to respect my car, i take good care of my car, i learn about my car, i do research, i did research before i bought my car, i knew exactly what i wanted to do to it, down to the brand name before it was even bough. i read about the power of the car in stock form, i read about how it handled in the rain, how it handled, how it braked, etc etc etc. when i got my car i knew what i was getting. You are gonna get in over your head and ruin a piece of america and possibly a phone pole or two. you cant come onto a lsx specific forum where there is tons of information and ask questions that are so open ended and thoughtlessly posted and expect people to treat you like you are one of them.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nobody is being rude except you. We have all been your age at some point it time. Myself, I got my z28 at age 18 and looking at it now, I wish I would have waited. After I had it for a year, I hit a patch of ice and stuffed it right into a guard rail.

I wish I would have waited until I could have afforded a winter beater so it would have never happened.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trans_am_2000
Mys6peed is it just me, or did you spell quiet wrong in your sig lmao.
Funny never noticed that, I copied and pasted that from a Patton website haha.

Garden City. also i work for my money but whatever and i didnt ask what car to buy i dont need people to give me opinions on how many miles of a car too buy.
I tried being nice, but **** this guy.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

THEN WHY THE **** ARE YOU HERE IF YOU KNOW EVERYTHING?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I really don't see how anything else good could possibily come from this thread....

Quick Reply: My Mod List 2002 WS6 Black on Black